Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
I just got a Tibook and I want to be able to connect to the internet at my girl friend's house. They have Road Runner and are using a Linkseys router to network their PC's. I tried just connecting an ethernet cable to the router, I couldn't get on the interent. I did see that their router was giving me an IP address, yet I couldn't browse the internet. I know there is nothing wrong with my Tibook cause I connect with Road Runner at my apartment. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting I have to enable, or is there more work involved? Please help, this is my first Mac and I find myself not know of what to do...

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Try rebooting your TiBook with the ethernet cable pugged in.

If that doesn't do it, they could be running PPPoE. but if it's a cable modem, this seems unlikely (and you most likely wouldn't get an IP addy).

Just try rebooting with the cable plugged in.

And / or try rebooting the linsys router.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
its usually plug and play, sicne you are gettin an ip it sounds like a dns error. make sure he doesnt have any dn server numbers entered.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.