Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Yellow Submarine iPod rumour surfaces

Special edition iPod may pack every Beatles recorded track made

Though everyone isn't quite aboard - yet - rumours that The Beatles may soon show up on iTunes prevail, with the latest report claiming a special edition Yellow Submarine iPod is in the frame.

Music industry analysts Music Ally believe that plans to bring music from the Fab Four are back on track, following the release of the iPhone.

They go further. While the analysts don't offer any clear time scale for the addition of the tracks to Apple's music service, they do expect a special edition iPod pre-loaded with every track ever produced by the band will debut as part of the new deal.

A TechDigest report also claims music from The Beatles will be made available exclusively through iTunes for one month.

The news follows earlier reports claiming music from the band would be made available in 2008.

Macworld Link

Add it to the voluminous Beatles rumours...

But a 'Yellow Submarine' edition iPod would be cool!

:D

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I wonder if the yellow submarine iPod will be a widescreen, touch variety.

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
Special Edition Beatle's iPod?

According to this website, a special edition Yellow Submarine Beatle's iPod is in the works - supposedly filled with the entire Beatle's library.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I did not see another article.

Link to Article

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Sounds like a lotta bullplop to me! Who would want a yellow iPod anyway?!?! Yellow is like the worst color choice for a product period, I don't see it selling well just because it's preloaded with the Beatles catalog. Nice thought but i doubt it actually coming to fruition.

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
Yea, but I could imagine a U2-esque black iPod with yellow accents.

It does seem a little farfetched, but you never know what Apple will do to tide people over. Throw this out there for the holiday season, let the iPhones sell, then release the 6G iPod.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Yellow Submarine Beatles iPod?

TechDigest.tv reports on a rumor from MusicAlly (subscription). According to MusicAlly "the Yellow Submarine iPod may be back on Apple's roadmap, now that the iPhone launch is out of the way."

When/if it happens, its expected to tie-in with Beatles track availability on iTunes with "possibly as a one-month exclusive before becoming available through rival digital music services."

Article Link

0racle

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
North Carolina
According to this website, a special edition Yellow Submarine Beatle's iPod is in the works - supposedly filled with the entire Beatle's library.
If it did have the entire library, I'd buy it in a second.

in the shape of a submarine, I'll buy it on the spot.

Wouldn't changing the shape make it incompatible with a lot of existing accessories?

bravedeer

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2006
Confirmed!

I just got this confirmed by a trusted source!

Additional detail, it's 100% waterproof! Comes in 4 colors representing each Beatle.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Hmm, would that be DRM-free Beatles music on there? If this is true AND if it was not hideous (I just cannot imagine a good looking yellow iPod), then I'm there! Oh yeah, and make this a 6G and include all of the Beatles movies too!!!! :eek::D:cool:

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The music bundle part of this story seems strange. Wouldn't anyone who'd be interested in a hideous device like that already have all the Beatles releases plus a pile of RoIO material on CD already?

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
I think yellow would be hideous. Now, if it was an iPod designed with images from the Sgt. Pepper's album cover well, then they might have something.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Yecch, you won't see me lining up for one of these. Special Edition iPods are lame IMO. I don't have a problem with preloaded music, but the "special edition" unique iPod (like the U2) seems gimmicky.

Plus, what do you think they'd charge for an iPod with the entire Beatles library on it? :eek:

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
I think yellow would be hideous. Now, if it was an iPod designed with images from the Sgt. Pepper's album cover well, then they might have something.
If some of the psychedelic graphics from the Yellow Submarine movie could be silk-screened under the clear top-coat (and across the click-wheel) of a full-size iPod, it would look incredible. Might even convince me to upgrade my nano.

Spades

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Guys, this a blatant fallacy.

So who here's getting the iHipster PDA when it comes out? I hear it's going to be "groundbreaking technology".

When? It's out already! I hear they're selling them at Office Depot right now.

I bought a knock off from Barnes and Noble of all places, but I had to replace the input device with something more durable after I broke it. :(

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
Sounds like a lotta bullplop to me! Who would want a yellow iPod anyway?!?! Yellow is like the worst color choice for a product period, I don't see it selling well just because it's preloaded with the Beatles catalog. Nice thought but i doubt it actually coming to fruition.

and who told you the yellow submarine ipod need to be yellow ? if will be the new touchscreen could easyly be black , gray i dont know and have just something yellow..

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
and who told you the yellow submarine ipod need to be yellow ? if will be the new touchscreen could easyly be black , gray i dont know and have just something yellow..
Black? I guess they could go with a Sea of Holes theme to complement any Blue Dalmation iMacs that are still kicking around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.