Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
About time we had one of these. ;)

What mods do you guys recommend? I would like some recommendations on good measuring-your-dps and since I am now raising a priest, a healing mod.

Thanks MR.

Oh, Btw. this will be on a PC. So it would be nice to recommend sites that have non-virus infected mods. :D

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
About time we had one of these. ;)

What mods do you guys recommend? I would like some recommendations on good measuring-your-dps and since I am now raising a priest, a healing mod.

Thanks MR.

Oh, Btw. this will be on a PC. So it would be nice to recommend sites that have non-virus infected mods. :D

SWstats

headfake

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Wow. That's wicked cool.

So curse gaming is a reputable source? I am XP here and I am deathly afraid o of nasty things. ;)

Though I do have anti virus etc installed. :rolleyes:

headfake

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
theres alot of guildless people on your server...

Guild nameplates are off. I really couldn't care less what guild people are in, and I've been on my server since release, so I recognize everyone I'd care to say hello to.

OK, addons:
For what you can see in the SS: (n/incl the behind the scenes stuff):

-ag_UnitFrames [for the unitframe -- player is below, target, target's target, and target's target's target on the right, focus and focus target on the bottom, raid is autohidden on the left]

-IceHUD [for the health/mana/castbar on the left] (can't find it anywhere... I remember that I used to like ArcHUD though...)

-FuBar and a ton of FuBar addons [for the combat stats at the bottom and the hidden bar you can't see at the top]

-Bongos2 [for moving stuff around and for the actionbars]

-cyCircled [for the button skinning]

-SunnArt and artpacks [for the viewport]

-Prat 2.0 [for fixing the chat windows]

-simpleminimap [for the map, natch]

-Elkano's BuffBars [for the buff bars at top right]

-AutoBar [for the, um, autobar to the right of the cast buttons]

-DoTimer [for the cooldown timer at the bottom right

Stuff you need:
-RatingBuster
-ElkanosFramesResized
-DrDamage
-Bagnon
-NaturEnemyCastBar
-ColaLight
-SSPVP
-Aloft
-Recap
-MobInfo2
-SimpleCombatLog

The EASIER thing to do would be to just d/l the entire Photek UI and/or the AllDeuce UI and either install it and tweak it, or pick 'n' choose the addons you want -- that'd probably give you the bulk of the stuff I just listed.

I'm obviously a UI freak, so if you'd like any suggestions, I'm game.

headfake

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
If its a UI linking war ;)

Normal

Raid

Party

Mod Lists: Part one
Part two Part three

What's the mod putting the skins/boxes around the chatbox and the minimap?

(edit: At first glance, I was a bit turned off by that UI, honestly, but on second glance I really like it a lot... and I rarely like other people's UIs. The font ind of freaks me out, but other than that I love the cleanliness. Strangely, I like it for totally different reasons that I like mine. :) It gives me some neat ideas. When I get back on my PowerMac instead of my 12"PB -- which can't play WoW -- I'll post my raid UI)

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
What's the mod putting the skins/boxes around the chatbox and the minimap?

(edit: At first glance, I was a bit turned off by that UI, honestly, but on second glance I really like it a lot... and I rarely like other people's UIs. The font ind of freaks me out, but other than that I love the cleanliness. Strangely, I like it for totally different reasons that I like mine. :) It gives me some neat ideas. When I get back on my PowerMac instead of my 12"PB -- which can't play WoW -- I'll post my raid UI)

Its just eePanels tweaked in the right way. Each "box" is really 3 or more panels with varying gradients. It's a mix between saeto UI and Tapestry with some of my own mod and unit frame placement habits.(chatmod over prat bongo's over bartender ext.) Both are featured at omgphatloots.org saeto also has a eePanel guide.

headfake

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
I forgot to mention that I highly prefer Recap (plus RecapFu) for damage monitoring. It does a really good job of tracking overheals, which is job 1 for any decent healing priest. The detailed per-spell breakdown, in combination with DrDamage, should give you all the theorycraft your little heart will ever desire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.