Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I have to create a 12 page (I know for each month) calendar, anyone got any ideas for good templates or layouts to start with?

And which application would be better to do it in Freehand, Illustrator, inDesign or Quark?

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
well for layout quark/indesign would be best in my opinion (think there may even be templates for a4 based ones there). What else would be needed depends on the type of calendar, a simple numbers plus big picture would require less than an arty type one with lots of swirls and extra bits added if you get what I mean.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i just did this actually. i made single pages the size of each open calendar spread in InDesign; since it was a vertical calendar this is the only way i could make it make sense to work on without cranking my head sideways. had it been a horizontal calendar (which i wanted but the client did not) i would have laid it out like any other book.

the printer then did the imposition for me to get it printed and bound properly.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Wow, thanks for the feedback people :D, this has given me a great place to start from.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
the ones on iphoto are pretty cool

I just checked out the themes in iPhoto, they look very nice is there anyway to export the finished calendar as a PDF?

It's just I need to print 10K of the things and if it doesn't export as a PDF the themes are useless to me.

EDIT: NP I found the Save As command LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.