PDA

View Full Version : Ex-POW Lynch Set for W.Va. Homecoming

eyelikeart
Jul 22, 2003, 10:26 AM
Now this is a happy ending...or begining...depends how u see it. :)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20030722/ap_on_re_us/lynch_homecoming_31

wdlove
Jul 22, 2003, 10:53 AM
It is trully a happy day for her and her family. I pray that her recovery will continue successfully. Now that she is home hopefully she will be allowed some privacy.

pncc
Jul 22, 2003, 12:17 PM
Although I do wish her well, I fear that her privacy will not be honored. there are too many questions to be asked about the nature of her wounds and her treatment in the Iraqui hospital. W/out starting a huge debate here, I think we all can agree that there is great debate about many aspects of her experience in Iraq. The real truth of what happened to her, when and how reflects on the people of Iraq, as well as the US armed forces and the president.

Jerry Spoon
Jul 22, 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by pncc
Although I do wish her well, I fear that her privacy will not be honored. there are too many questions to be asked about the nature of her wounds and her treatment in the Iraqui hospital. W/out starting a huge debate here, I think we all can agree that there is great debate about many aspects of her experience in Iraq. The real truth of what happened to her, when and how reflects on the people of Iraq, as well as the US armed forces and the president.
I'm sure there's some 2 hour Dateline or Primetime or whatever in the works.

tazo
Jul 22, 2003, 11:10 PM
the effing **** is not a heroine. the way cnn and the other liberalnewsnetworks make it out to be is that she is some heroine, who in battle ran towards her captors while being shot and stabbed. when in actuality she was struck by shrapnel.

charboneau
Jul 23, 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by tazo
the effing **** is not a heroine. the way cnn and the other liberalnewsnetworks make it out to be is that she is some heroine, who in battle ran towards her captors while being shot and stabbed. when in actuality she was struck by shrapnel.
Yeah that effing ,**** getting wounded in a war zone and not remembering anything anything about it. And those liberals reporting the story given to them (later shown to be completely inaccurate) by the Department of Defense about her heroic "rescue." Your righteous indignation is shared.;)

wdlove
Jul 23, 2003, 08:04 PM
I think that she should not have recieved some of those medals. I just hope that it won't cause the medals to loose there value. Some of them are given for combat injuries!