PDA

View Full Version : Posting in Marketplace.

iamdavor
Jul 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
I just joined the MacRumor forum afater buying my first mac. How come you can't post in the Marketplace? Is there a certain amount of posts I have to achieve before posting there?

cleanup
Jul 13, 2007, 12:19 PM
http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#Can.27t_Start_a_Thread.3F

Dandaman
Jul 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
The following forums have a minimum post count requirement:

* Marketplace
* Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Only users with a history of 100 posts (user title Regular or higher) can start a thread in the Marketplace forum. Only users with a history of 100 posts can start a thread or post replies in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. If you start a "for sale" thread or political thread in another forum to avoid this rule, your thread will be deleted.

barr08
Jul 13, 2007, 12:34 PM
I just joined the MacRumor forum afater buying my first mac. How come you can't post in the Marketplace? Is there a certain amount of posts I have to achieve before posting there?

In case you were wondering, the reason this is in place is to prevent scamming from people just joining the forums to rip people off. Having 100 posts creates a little bit of trust between the buyer and seller, because they have been around long enough to show that they aren't just here to take someone's money then high-tail it (usually).

iamdavor
Jul 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
In case you were wondering, the reason this is in place is to prevent scamming from people just joining the forums to rip people off. Having 100 posts creates a little bit of trust between the buyer and seller, because they have been around long enough to show that they aren't just here to take someone's money then high-tail it (usually).

Oh! Makes sense. Hah thats fine with me, I planned on sticking around for a while.

barr08
Jul 13, 2007, 01:15 PM
Oh! Makes sense. Hah thats fine with me, I planned on sticking around for a while.

Welcome! you'll be happy here!