PDA

View Full Version : switching displays shortcut on iMac g4

Lasha
Jul 13, 2007, 03:04 PM
hey guys. The title says it all. My friend has a g4 iMac with a messed up display but he has a separate monitor hooked up through the external VGA adapter thing. Is there a shortcut on a mac that can switch display outputs without accessing the system preferences?

Thanks guys!!

RickT67
Jul 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
I had the same situation with a bad titanium display. I could hook up the external and the screen was stretched so that I couldn't access the hard drive, etc...
Here's what I did. I know it's not the easiest solution, but it worked. I used the mouse to grab the hard drive icon (trust me, it takes a little time).. I dragged it onto the external screen and opened it. The new window opens on your broken screen and you will have to drag it over to the external also... and so on with preferences... Mirror the displays, and you are in business.
I know that driving the mouse blind isn't easy, but you can do it. (Use the force :) )
I am new to the Mac scene (4 months into it) and I apologize in advance if there is a simpler solution that what I have given.