Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
cnn has a breaking news headline that it's on fire. can't find any other source. anyone know anything?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Yeah, they don't really say much. And since its a metal structure, I don't think there is much to worry about, especially since its at the top.

D

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
There is a fire on the eiffel tower, but all of the news networks are caught up on the raid on Saddam's sons, and Jessica Lynch.

I haven't seen any pictures yet, but I don't think it's too serious...

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
Depending on the heat there could be severe damage to the support beams. It's not like metal is fireproof.

Although I think it might be kinda funny if the eiffel tower was condemned. :cool:

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
Depending on the heat there could be severe damage to the support beams. It's not like metal is fireproof.

Although I think it might be kinda funny if the eiffel tower was condemned. :cool:

Why funny? Would it be funny if the Statue of Liberty was condemned?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by MrMacman
Why would they need our help re-building a structure that was originally built by them?

And its a small fire, oh well.

BTW, I wouldn't pick a fight with a mod (exp: Rower) :p

Moderatorship aside, it's just a ridiculous attitude to throw around.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Can't we all just get along? I don't think we need to joke about the destruction of each others' countries' monuments.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by G4scott
Can't we all just get along? I don't think we need to joke about the destruction of each others' countries' monuments.

see, i don't think he was joking. Nothing like a good ol' dose of xenophobia to get the world moving...

pnw

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
if we're gonna make jokes about other countries monument we shouldn't forget that day a few years back when another country decimated two of ours.....

if a french person said something snarky about WTC, you'd be not so happy.....

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm happy to hear that no one was injured. Human life is the most important!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.