PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Case from Amazon

joseftu
Jul 14, 2007, 06:34 PM
While we're waiting for the Sena Cases to be ready for shipping (soon, I hope!), my wife really wanted "something" to cover her iPhone. Just a minimum of protection from dropping--or more than that, something with a good non-slip grip so it won't fumble out of her fingers so easily.

So I ordered one of these (http://tinyurl.com/2qghvu) "no name" silicone cases from Amazon--not at all expensive. It's actually from "Mygearstore," just ordered through Amazon.

Well, it arrived today and it looks like a pretty good case. It's a nice soft silicone rubber (we ordered the black one), and fits the iPhone quite nicely. There are cutouts for the buttons and sensors, and it doesn't add much bulk at all. Because it's black, it really doesn't affect the appearance, either.

The cutouts are well-positioned, except for one small flaw. The volume buttons on the side are under some little indentations, not cutouts, but that's OK because you can pretty easily just push the buttons right through the case. But they did the same for the silent switch above those buttons. It's covered up, and there's really no way to access it. There is an indentation there, so I'm thinking they might have just failed to cut it out when they should have. I'm going to try some surgery with an Xacto knife and see how that works.

They also included a screen protector in the package (which I don't know if we'll use--I think it will interfere with the touch screen too much), and two free "cell phone extenders"--those little circuit-looking-stickers which claim to increase your antennas efficiency. We won't be using those.

The card in the package said "Incipio," but this case doesn't really look anything like the Incipio cases others are posting, so I don't know about that.

Still, if you're looking for a cheap case, this might be a good option.