PDA

View Full Version : Any ETA on iSkin revo?

chaoticprout
Jul 15, 2007, 02:20 PM
I really want this case, any idea other than this july? Thanks.

ecks618
Jul 15, 2007, 02:33 PM
Too LONG!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the power of an antimicrobial case

Sobe
Jul 15, 2007, 03:52 PM
Too LONG!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the power of an antimicrobial case

step 1: invent problem that customer didn't know existed
step 2: solve problem for customer
step 3: watch customer go "ooooh"

an anti-microbial case?

Yes I have seen them, and I've used their products before, they're great.

But an anti-microbial case? There must have been some guy sitting at a marketing meeting going "I have to come up with something quick or Issacson will get the Peterson account."

SheepNutz
Jul 15, 2007, 08:49 PM
yeah, I want to get this case too. I could give a damn about the antimicrobial stuff, it just seems it would work best for me.

iMichael72
Jul 15, 2007, 08:54 PM
I'm waiting for this case as well. I have the iQase, which is great, but would like to have another one I could just keep in my pocket if I wanted to.

ecks618
Jul 15, 2007, 10:27 PM
step 1: invent problem that customer didn't know existed
step 2: solve problem for customer
step 3: watch customer go "ooooh"

an anti-microbial case?

Yes I have seen them, and I've used their products before, they're great.

But an anti-microbial case? There must have been some guy sitting at a marketing meeting going "I have to come up with something quick or Issacson will get the Peterson account."

People with no imagination for iPhone accessories are so bitter....

Sobe
Jul 16, 2007, 03:50 AM
People with no imagination for iPhone accessories are so bitter....

I don't think anti-microbial is really sufficient. I'd like more information.

For example, if I take my iPhone into the congo and HIV+ blood drips on it, will the iSkin kill the HIV?

Can it handle extreme drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB)?

As a discriminating iPhone accessory consumer, I'd like to know exactly what level of protection they are selling me.

boss1
Jul 16, 2007, 10:43 PM
I don't think anti-microbial is really sufficient. I'd like more information.

For example, if I take my iPhone into the congo and HIV+ blood drips on it, will the iSkin kill the HIV?

Can it handle extreme drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB)?

As a discriminating iPhone accessory consumer, I'd like to know exactly what level of protection they are selling me.

I think you're stretching for reasons regarding your statement. Do you know of alternatives for an anti bacterial iPhone case? one that would repel HIV , TB and cancer ? btw how many times do you travel to the Congo? I'm not trying to make bad assumptions here but I think that's pretty interesting I've never been there.

Not trying to be mean but jeez. Cellphones are among the top ranking filthiest devices humans come into contact with. We knew this before this REVO case. They are filthier than keyboards and most know how filthy those things can get. Disgusting is probably an understatement.

Now i'm not saying anyone should be the type of person to open public doorknobs with a latex glove for fear of bacteria nor am I saying everyone should purchase a REVO case because it's the anti bacterial revolutionary product of the year. However it is a creative feature I wouldn't mind having on a product that gets extremely filthy over time.

If you want to know what level of protection your getting you can start your information hunt here: http://www.microban.com/americas/about_microbes/?lang=en

That's a link from iskin.com . I'm not going to assume that you didn't take the time to look over the site to see that link however I am leaning towards the feeling that you didn't.

boss1
Jul 16, 2007, 10:52 PM
to the OP. I'm waiting for an announcement also. I signed up for the email notice. I just hope they offer a black or grey color option. I don't really like the color choice they have.

SheepNutz
Jul 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
They need to release this now!

billchase2
Jul 20, 2007, 12:36 PM
They need to release this now!

agreed

Sobe
Jul 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
I think you're stretching for reasons regarding your statement. Do you know of alternatives for an anti bacterial iPhone case? one that would repel HIV , TB and cancer ? btw how many times do you travel to the Congo? I'm not trying to make bad assumptions here but I think that's pretty interesting I've never been there.

Not trying to be mean but jeez. Cellphones are among the top ranking filthiest devices humans come into contact with. We knew this before this REVO case. They are filthier than keyboards and most know how filthy those things can get. Disgusting is probably an understatement.

Now i'm not saying anyone should be the type of person to open public doorknobs with a latex glove for fear of bacteria nor am I saying everyone should purchase a REVO case because it's the anti bacterial revolutionary product of the year. However it is a creative feature I wouldn't mind having on a product that gets extremely filthy over time.

If you want to know what level of protection your getting you can start your information hunt here: http://www.microban.com/americas/about_microbes/?lang=en

That's a link from iskin.com . I'm not going to assume that you didn't take the time to look over the site to see that link however I am leaning towards the feeling that you didn't.

I'm not denying that microban isn't interesting...Would be great for lab benchtops for example. I just think it's a classic example of creating a need that doesn't exist and then solving it for the customer.

Just wash your hands regularly, which is something you should do anyway.

Funny that you should ask me to read it though...did you catch this?

"Microban technology is not designed to protect users from disease causing microorganisms."

Basically it's anti-stain and odor...but when people hear "anti-microbial" or "anti-bacterial" they think "oh I won't get sick if someone has staph on their hands and touches my iPhone..."

It's what...a $30 case? ok even if it is $50...when it gets stained and smelly just buy a new one.

chaoticprout
Jul 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
I WISH they would give us an ETA, it BETTER come out this july

ITASOR
Jul 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
I don't have an exact date, but my supplier says to expect them around August 3rd...definitely in August. It will retail at $39.99 in case anyone is wondering, which includes the case itself, the ViSOR and the privacy film.

SheepNutz
Jul 20, 2007, 10:58 PM
I don't have an exact date, but my supplier says to expect them around August 3rd...definitely in August. It will retail at $39.99 in case anyone is wondering, which includes the case itself, the ViSOR and the privacy film.

Crap, I'm leaving for a trip to Florida on the 8th, and I really really want that case to take with me. I think I hear overnight shipping calling me.

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
Crap, I'm leaving for a trip to Florida on the 8th, and I really really want that case to take with me. I think I hear overnight shipping calling me.

Where do you live? If it really is ready to ship on the 3rd, even USPS Priority could make it to you by the 8th. 3 day select shipping is usually only around $10 if you want it to definitely be there.

SheepNutz
Jul 22, 2007, 09:00 AM
Some people on the everythingiphone forums are speculating them being available on iskin's website tonight or tomorrow. I hope it's true!

ITASOR
Jul 22, 2007, 04:44 PM
Some people on the everythingiphone forums are speculating them being available on iskin's website tonight or tomorrow. I hope it's true!

Quite possible. Like I said, my estimate was when I can have them, the manufacturer usually has them for sale first. If they do come out tomorrow, I guess you won't have to worry about getting one before your trip!

dominatrix
Jul 22, 2007, 06:40 PM
do you know anything of colors avaliable other than 3 on the website ?

SheepNutz
Jul 22, 2007, 10:05 PM
I believe there are 5 colors; dark blue, light blue, red, yellow, and my fav, black!

4ndr3w
Jul 22, 2007, 10:48 PM
http://www.iskin.com/revo

It's there, but it's forbidden. They are getting ready.

dominatrix
Jul 23, 2007, 01:00 AM
http://www.iskin.com/revo

It's there, but it's forbidden. They are getting ready.

uhmm still down the site..
weird..

ITASOR
Jul 23, 2007, 02:36 PM
do you know anything of colors avaliable other than 3 on the website ?

I believe there are 5 colors; dark blue, light blue, red, yellow, and my fav, black!

7 colors I believe. Clear (frosted), 2 blues, yellow, red, pink. Don't quote me on that though. Definitely the 5 that SheepNutz mentioned, but the pink + frosted will also be offered I think.

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
I'm just curious, how many people are very seriously interested in this case? When it first came out I didn't expect it to be one of the popular ones, but it seems like it is. I'm going to be ordering a few. Not sure on pricing yet, but how many people are planning to buy one? I was hoping I could do like $37 shipped.

SheepNutz
Jul 24, 2007, 09:31 PM
Here's a post from a guy in another iPhone forum, apparently he's been doing some marketing for iskin or something like that. Disregard the part about the free iskin revo, as he already gave it to someone on those forums:

REVO UPDATE ****

Just wanted to keep you guys informed on everything going on. I just got home from the office. We just submited our entire campaign to iskin. We are finished! They gave all of us the retail version of the new revo. Small differences in the grip and design (no big difference.) I asked if the launch date was still set for today at 5pm pst and they said that at this time it is 'highly unlikely.' Later a younger guy stated that there was 2 things working against the launch date. 1) They have already received 300,000 email notifications and the demand is much larger than they anticapated. They only have 100,000 units for sale on launch. So for anyone interested in this item seriosuly, order early if you can, b/c they said there was going to be a backorder of 3-4 weeks for everyone that doesn't get in on the 100,000 intial released. The younger guy working for Revo told me that are now looking at a later in the week release, possibly even Monday! I said so when the website says 'available in July" you really mean available in August?! And 2) they have to update their online website to be able to accept online purchases for the Revio. I will no longer be apart of the final plans for the Revo for my company is now moving to another product. So the release date is now just a guessing game! On a lighter note, I have 2 Revo Iskin cases. I will just keep the alpha test case (since it is really not very different) and give whoever wants the retail version of the Revo for iphone away. So if you want it, message me.. It is in baby blue again. At my work we get free shipping to, so I will be able to overnight it at no charge.

Best, Insom

dominatrix
Jul 25, 2007, 12:41 AM
i think they just need to realease.. they are taking too much time..
people want to buy and they cant..
cmon release !!!!

ted124b
Jul 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
this might be a dumb question but anyone know if the touch screen will work underneath the protective visor?

dominatrix
Jul 25, 2007, 11:00 PM
this might be a dumb question but anyone know if the touch screen will work underneath the protective visor?

might be a dumb question ? u really think it might be ? cmon my friend.

just use 1% of your brain and think a litle you will have your answer.

cant believe im answering this.

Juvenile
Jul 26, 2007, 08:54 AM
I was told yesterday via email from iskin Customer Relations that the the tentative release for the Revo is today "but cannot fully rely on that as things are subject to change". Tentative?? How do you not know one day before?

YoMamasPyjamas
Jul 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
might be a dumb question ? u really think it might be ? cmon my friend.

just use 1% of your brain and think a litle you will have your answer.

cant believe im answering this.

you actually didn't really answer anything, rather you just told someone how stupid you think they are.

Juvenile
Jul 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
you actually didn't really answer anything, rather you just told someone how stupid you think they are.

Neither did you.

The plastic screen cover is removed and snapped to the back to utilize the touch screen.

ITASOR
Jul 26, 2007, 10:06 AM
Neither did you.

The plastic screen cover is removed and snapped to the back to utilize the touch screen.

That's right. The "ViSOR" unsnaps from the front and snaps onto the back before you use the phone. Obviously you could just leave this off for good too if you don't require that much screen protection.

However, the Revo also comes with a privacy/protection film that adheres to the iPhone's screen. This is just a thin screen protection film that also makes it hard to view the phone from side angles (so people can't see what you're doing). You can use the touch screen through this film with no problem, and iSkin claims that your fingers can still glide on the screen just like before.

YoMamasPyjamas
Jul 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
Neither did you.

well in that case, its a good thing i never purpoted to answer anything, a la "cant believe im answering this." but thank you for enlightening us all.

Juvenile
Jul 26, 2007, 01:08 PM
Just ordered a Revo Nighthawk. There is a color difference in the picture of all 5 and the ones in the drop down menu, so I just went with black

boss1
Jul 26, 2007, 01:25 PM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x71/boss11111/Revo.jpg

ordered express. Maybe i'll get it tommorow :)

dominatrix
Jul 26, 2007, 01:32 PM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x71/boss11111/Revo.jpg

ordered express. Maybe i'll get it tommorow :)

wow , you paid 40% of the skin price just to get express ?

madfresh
Jul 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
I also just ordered the Nighthawk. :)

HeavyC
Jul 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
I'm anxious to see some reviews and actual pictures of these. I'm on the fence between this and one of the wallet cases from Piel Frama.

James^C
Jul 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
Any idea if they will hit the stores (AT&T or Apple Store)?

StophMac24
Jul 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
The Revo is out and available for purchase just in case you didnt already know!

boss1
Jul 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
wow , you paid 40% of the skin price just to get express ?

I didn't really stop to compare the cost of shipping to the cost of the case. I just know that $15 for next day shipping on a product sounds reasonable to me.

If the value of the case was $4000 and the cost of express shipping was $15 bucks I wouldn't think I'm getting a deal on shipping.

The value of the service of fast shipping is worth about $15 in both cases to me

It just occurred to me .... How do you get the phone inside the case?????? You cant really tell by the pics on iskin.com the slot at the bottom isn't big enough.

madfresh
Jul 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
I didn't really stop to compare the cost of shipping to the cost of the case. I just know that $15 for next day shipping on a product sounds reasonable to me.

If the value of the case was $4000 and the cost of express shipping was $15 bucks I wouldn't think I'm getting a deal on shipping.

The value of the service of fast shipping is worth about $15 in both cases to me

It just occurred to me .... How do you get the phone inside the case?????? You cant really tell by the pics on iskin.com the slot at the bottom isn't big enough.

I'm guessing just slide it in like the incase or something.

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
i'm guessing just slide it in like the incase or something

i hope its worth it, Just order the nighthawk

Juvenile
Jul 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
The only thing I don't like is that there is no slot to remove the sim card so I can tether on the laptop....maybe I'll just make one.

boss1
Jul 26, 2007, 02:43 PM
The only thing I don't like is that there is no slot to remove the sim card so I can tether on the laptop....maybe I'll just make one.

Yah, it's just rubber. I'm still amazed at how many customization miles I've gotten out of my wood burner since I bought one 2 years ago http://www.make-a-shakere.com/images/wood-burner.jpg

I'm working on a custom dock for my car dash but i'm waiting for this iskin case to arrive 1st. I want to make sure it fits snug.

SteveM8
Jul 26, 2007, 02:47 PM
Got two - nighthawk for me and the pink for my wife. These look GREAT and cant wait to get them. Free shipping as well! Go get 'em!

billchase2
Jul 26, 2007, 03:16 PM
excellent! as soon as i get a little more money, i'll place an order.

i think i like the diablo the best...

Juvenile
Jul 26, 2007, 03:30 PM
excellent! as soon as i get a little more money, i'll place an order.

i think i like the diablo the best...

I liked the diablo in the top picture but in the drop down picture, i thought it was too bright. I'm interested in seeing the color tones when pics come out.

billchase2
Jul 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
is there a hole for the headphones to plug in? it looks solid on the photos on the iskin website.......

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
is there a hole for the headphones to plug in? it looks solid on the photos on the iskin website.......

Those are pre-release pictures, the real ones are supposed to have access to all the necessary port. One of the other posts had this information.

dominatrix
Jul 26, 2007, 04:48 PM
The Revo is out and available for purchase just in case you didnt already know!

buddy we are talking about that a long time before u said that.. READ the posts before post nonsense.

dominatrix
Jul 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
i think i will wait to see those cases on an apple store , i want to see the diablo color in person.. anyone bought that color ??

sirnick4
Jul 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
i think i will wait to see those cases on an apple store , i want to see the diablo color in person.. anyone bought that color ??

I thought long and hard about what color to get. Diablo looked good but I decided to go with Nighthawk. I didn't want to risk the chance of me hating the color I chose. Black was a safe choice for me.

scotty588
Jul 26, 2007, 05:37 PM
Got two - nighthawk for me and the pink for my wife. These look GREAT and cant wait to get them. Free shipping as well! Go get 'em!

how did you get free shipping? i just ordered a nighthawk on the official iskin site and i had to pay ~$7 for s/h.

flintmica
Jul 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
how did you get free shipping? i just ordered a nighthawk on the official iskin site and i had to pay ~$7 for s/h.

there is free shipping for orders over $50

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 05:45 PM

I think its over $50 is free shipping, if not its over a certain limit.

Edit: Damn I'm slow

scotty588
Jul 26, 2007, 06:17 PM
revo is only $39.99

ITASOR
Jul 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
revo is only $39.99

They want you to buy the $15 lanyard and screen cleaner combo to get the free shipping.

If you don't want to pay shipping just wait until some of the resellers get their shipments in and offer free shipping.

scotty588
Jul 26, 2007, 06:55 PM
ah i see it now. if you add the micro fiber screen cleaner and lanyard on for $15 that bumps you up to ~$55. i know what the cleaner is but what does the lanyard do? allow you to hang the iphone from your neck?

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 07:15 PM
ah i see it now. if you add the micro fiber screen cleaner and lanyard on for $15 that bumps you up to ~$55. i know what the cleaner is but what does the lanyard do? allow you to hang the iphone from your neck?

Thats sounds ridiculous, I would never do that.

This reminds me of the people who threw their wii controllers into their TV's, the little lanyard looks like it could barely hold a nano.

scotty588
Jul 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
I agree thats why I didn't get it.

SteveM8
Jul 26, 2007, 08:03 PM
I got free shipping and I didnt buy the lanyard or cloth.

madfresh
Jul 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
I got free shipping and I didnt buy the lanyard or cloth.

That's because you bought two. Any purchase over $50 is free shipping.

D1G1T4L
Jul 26, 2007, 09:31 PM
Wonder if I order tonight I will get it before the local Apple store gets them in stock :confused:

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 09:40 PM
Wonder if I order tonight I will get it before the local Apple store gets them in stock :confused:

I doubt it, it takes time to get to the resellers

madfresh
Jul 26, 2007, 10:06 PM
The status of my order says Preorder is this happening to anyone else? :confused:

To check the status of your item go here:
http://www.iskin.com/customercare/csr_track.tpl?cart=1185504511217628

scotty588
Jul 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
Mine says preorder also. Weird.

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
Yep, mine is a preorder as well.....

Grrrr............

sirnick4
Jul 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
Mine says preorder as well.

Zandian
Jul 26, 2007, 10:39 PM
Same here. Frustrating. Is it really available or not??????

Zandian

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 10:42 PM
I sent them an email, will post answer as soon as I get it.

StophMac24
Jul 26, 2007, 11:39 PM
I sent them an email, will post answer as soon as I get it.

Mine says pre-order as well, and i too have sent an email, i am glad i am not alone, i was beginning to freak......:mad: still, i hope i didnt pay the overnight fee for nothing.....:mad:

D1G1T4L
Jul 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
Just checked mine.

Still says Processing Order. I did use Paypal and the quicker shipping option. Not sure if that makes ANY difference but wanted to add anything that might help.

I also ordered Nighthawk

furqan8421
Jul 27, 2007, 01:56 AM
because this is rubber cant it scratch the iphone similar to the incase one? either way I await for you guys to review this and put up pics, as i really liked how the incase looked but returned it once i learned of its potential to scratch the phone

madfresh
Jul 27, 2007, 02:08 AM
because this is rubber cant it scratch the iphone similar to the incase one? either way I await for you guys to review this and put up pics, as i really liked how the incase looked but returned it once i learned of its potential to scratch the phone

I think the iSkin is made out of silicone not rubber.

Juvenile
Jul 27, 2007, 10:21 AM
Just checked mine.

Still says Processing Order. I did use Paypal and the quicker shipping option. Not sure if that makes ANY difference but wanted to add anything that might help.

I also ordered Nighthawk

Mine just changed from "Preorder" to "Processing".

chaoticprout
Jul 27, 2007, 10:29 AM
as did mine

boss1
Jul 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
I think the iSkin is made out of silicone not rubber.

I'm sure it'll still burn. If not we'll just resort to a razor, actually a razor might be a better way to start off, not as messy

Sobe
Jul 27, 2007, 11:07 AM
Has anyone seen these in an actual store yet?

ecks618
Jul 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
Here is the email I got from iSkin about when the orders are shipping and why they are in pre-order.

Good day and thank you for contacting iSkin.

Right now all new orders for the Revo are put into Pre-order status and
will
be shipped on Tuesday.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reply or call us @
1 (416) 924 9607 to discuss the matter. On behalf of iSkin we apologize
for
any inconvenience and hope to ensure your iSkin experience shines!

Regards,
Dawnielle Chance
Customer Relations Representative

iSkin Inc.
2225 Sheppard Avenue, East, Suite 1203
Toronto, Ontario M2J 5C2 CANADA
tel: 416-924-9607. Ext # 230
fax: 416-924-7731

dawnielle@iskin.com

StophMac24
Jul 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
I just received an email from there customer support that said the revos would ship on tuesday, and the preorder status is normal

Juvenile
Jul 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
Sounds like they won't be in stores for a while....

Date: July 26, 2007 6:13:18 PM CDT
To:
Subject: iSkin revo for Apple iPhone Now Available.

iSkin revo for Apple iPhone Now Available.

The wait is over. iSkin today announce the immediate availability of the revo- it's revolutionary protector for iPhone.

The revo covers and protects all vulnerable surfaces, ports and controls on the iPhone without affecting its usability or functionality.
It is styled to complement the iPhone without additional bulk, and features a duotone design with sophisticated color accents complimenting its main body color.
The iSkin revo for iPhone is available in six duotone designs through iSkin.com
and will be arrive at iSkin resellers in the coming weeks for the price of $39.99 USD.
To purchase or learn more about revo can be found online at:
http://www.iSkin.com

Juvenile
Jul 27, 2007, 01:26 PM

chaoticprout
Jul 27, 2007, 03:37 PM
"Ready to ship"

StophMac24
Jul 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
Mine says that it has been shipped. Anyone else who has ordered should check to see if theres has shipped as well.

D1G1T4L
Jul 27, 2007, 06:51 PM
Still says processing for me.

SaleenS351
Jul 27, 2007, 09:40 PM
How long before apple stores get 'em?

madfresh
Jul 27, 2007, 09:41 PM
Mine still says processing as well.

ecks618
Jul 27, 2007, 10:23 PM
How long before apple stores get 'em?

Reading prior posts helps answer questions sometimes

The iSkin revo for iPhone is available in six duotone designs through iSkin.com
and will be arrive at iSkin resellers in the coming weeks

chaoticprout
Jul 28, 2007, 01:22 AM
Hey guys, I got a nighthawk on fast order and it apparently has just shipped!
http://www.picvault.info/images/537049922_capturedata1315377.jpg

chaoticprout
Jul 28, 2007, 01:24 AM
started iff at concord canada a 5:40, went to missingusa canada at 11:12, and is now in transit to Kentucky. I'm in California, should be here by monday.

madfresh
Jul 28, 2007, 01:26 AM
Looks like they only shipped them to the people who paid for the 1-2 day shipping.

Also the gallery is up. They look really good.
http://www.iskin.com/revo/gallery.tpl?cart=11856040731182977

EDIT: Mojave(Yellow) doesn't look that bad in the gallery I might end up ordering it later.

Giies
Jul 28, 2007, 10:49 AM
I just ordered the pink one last night, hopefully they gonna ship it soon.

billchase2
Jul 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
Looks like they only shipped them to the people who paid for the 1-2 day shipping.

EDIT: Mojave(Yellow) doesn't look that bad in the gallery I might end up ordering it later.

they look nice!

boss1
Jul 28, 2007, 03:56 PM

Ohhhhh they look better than I thought they would. It was hard to tell as the initial images were computer generated models.

A few things I noticed:
-The head phone jack is a flip lid. very nice
-The Dock port appears to be a plug cover also. I'm liking this thing better by the minute :)

I'm guessing that to put the iPhone in the case you insert the phone from the front. Bottom 1st and then bend the top of the case backwards and then over the top of the iPhone? atm it's the only logical method I can think of. Guess we'll find out on Monday.

I'll try to get pics up and a short review as soon as I pry open the box

chaoticprout
Jul 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
you got yours already?

dominatrix
Jul 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
you got yours already?

dude he saw the link with the pics.. :rolleyes:

~J~
Jul 28, 2007, 10:28 PM
Mine says it will be here on Monday! Ordered it last week.

Aparently, so will my Apple BT headset for the iPhone I ordered last week... Monday is going to be a goooood day!!!

boss1
Jul 29, 2007, 01:38 AM
dude he saw the link with the pics.. :rolleyes:

yah, I was describing the new pics on the site lol. I wish I had it already.

volntitan
Jul 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
I was going to order 3 of these, for me and my family, but my sister wants the clear one. But when I go to the store, it isn't on the pulldown menu. Any idea when it is going to be offered?

ecks618
Jul 29, 2007, 10:55 PM
I was going to order 3 of these, for me and my family, but my sister wants the clear one. But when I go to the store, it isn't on the pulldown menu. Any idea when it is going to be offered?

I think the clear one was a pre-release color that was never produced.

ctakim
Jul 29, 2007, 11:52 PM
Is anyone worried about the clear plastic thing that snaps off and on as a cover? That just does not sound very practical to me.

hexonxonx
Jul 30, 2007, 02:23 AM
Mine will be here in the morning. UPS tracking says it's already here in my city.

As for the plastic cover, I'm not sure I will use it but since I don't have the case here yet, I guess I don't know! This has to be better than the speck case I was using, that thing was all stretched out after taking it off just once.

ecks618
Jul 30, 2007, 07:24 AM
Is anyone worried about the clear plastic thing that snaps off and on as a cover? That just does not sound very practical to me.

The clear plastic visor snaps off and can be snapped on the back of the phone, check the pictures, its there somewhere.

ITASOR
Jul 30, 2007, 07:47 AM
I think the clear one was a pre-release color that was never produced.

Maybe...I know a couple resellers are still planning on getting them in stock through, so we'll see. It's called Oxygen, I believe.

YoMamasPyjamas
Jul 30, 2007, 07:52 AM
It may be my imagination playing tricks on me, but I feel as though I remember seeing a picture when the Revo was first announced that showed the visor being used as a stand in landscape mode, for watching movies, etc. Now, however, I donít see this type of function listed anywhere. Does anyone know if this case can perform this function? I travel on planes a lot and love to watch movies on my iPhone. I have the Belkin acrylic case now, and although its only OK, the stand is the main reason I didn't return it. I love everything about the Revo so far, I just hope it doesnít require ghetto-propping for hands-free movie viewing. And yes, I just coined the term "ghetto-propping."

Hopefully someone who has gotten the case today can confirm. Thanks!

boss1
Jul 30, 2007, 11:22 AM
Well I got the case early this morning. Here are some pics. I'll post a short review up shortly.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x71/boss11111/IMG_00311.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x71/boss11111/IMG_00322.jpg

volntitan
Jul 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
Great. Post a review of some type asap! How much thicker does it make it?

I will hold off ordering until we get your review! The credit card is ready!

megax
Jul 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
nice tease!, post some pics with it on the iPhone

boss1
Jul 30, 2007, 12:08 PM
BTW: I'm a very hard critic when it comes to anything so if I point out flaws, it's just to create awareness with what I see as fact, don't take it as detrimental flaws that will make the average person disappointed and disgusted with the iSkin Revo. It's actually one of the best cases I've had experience with.

Out of the box:
Unlike most cases I've purchased there is more that just the case inside the iSkin box upon opening. Aside from the instruction / care manual which is pretty short and straight forward, the iSkin case comes with a few separate pieces that attach to the case. A small rubber dock port cover, the clear plastic removable face cover and a non adhesive thin privacy film also to be placed on the face of the phone.

Feel:
The case does not feel like it looks on the web, which I thought looked very rigid, it almost looked like it had a hard plastic feel to it but, it's actually not rigid at all. It has a very soft and stretchy feel to it. Yet the rubber/silicone is thick enough to protect the phone from normal abuse.

Look:
the iPhone has a very sleek and beautiful look. I'm very picky about cases because it just doesn't make sense to wrap your iPhone in a cheap piece of cardboard that looks like it was sewn together by hand and cut to fit the iPhone with a steak knife. There are many cases roaming around that fit that description unfortunately. The iSkin Revo is not an ugly case It's very detailed in design, has sleek lines, textures, and provides very good protection for the phone also.

Pieces:
One drawback, or at least I see it that way, is that the iSkin Revo requires 3 separate pieces for full protection. One could, and I probably will, decide to lug around the phone with just the case and forget about trying to manage the dock port cover and clear plastic face. If iSkin would have somehow made those 2 pieces somehow attached permanently it would have made for a more practical case.

Buttons:
One thing that struck me as great is how easy the buttons are to use on the iPhone even though the iSkin Revo covers them all completely. The Home button, volume button, lock button are all easily pressed as the iSkin Revo has a squishy feel to it.

Open portions of the case:
•The ear speaker is open obviously, otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear people on the phone.
•There is an opening for the vibrate/ring switch which in my opinion, should have been a bigger opening. I had to dig in a bit with my finger to try to manage to flip the switch from ringer to vibrate, and I don't have chubby fingers.
•The opening for the camera lens is perfect. It lined up perfectly on my phone and doesn't pose a danger to covering up the lens.
•The bottom speaker opening is also perfect. Not a single portion of the speakers are covered.

Docking Cable:
After removing the rubber dock port cover and placing it somewhere where you wont lose it, remember it's not attached to the case, the dock cable that came with the iPhone plugged in and unplugged flawlessly.

Actual Docks:
I had less luck with actual docks. I tried the iHome stereo dock and although the iPhone sat right in, the dock barely made a connection do the thickness of the iSkin Revo Case but it did make a connection. That said, the iPhone with the iSkin Revo Case on will not fit in the Apple iPhone dock. I don't own the dual Apple Bluetooth/iPhone dock but I'm going to jump the gun and assume that it probably won't fit in that dock either.

Keyboard and screen use:
The design of the iSkin revo, thick enough to absorb bumps and falls, is thoughtful in that the thickness of the case is slimmer around the left and right side of the screen. touching, typing on the keyboard, scrolling on the screen was without flaw. The thickness of the case does not interfere with usability at all.

PROS: design, fit, look and feel of case, lightweight, overall usability while in the case.
CONS: won't fit in a standard iPhone dock, no way to clip the phone to anything like a belt, vibrate switch not easy to flip.

Great case overall, designed much better than most cases I've come across.

***I haven't tried the privacy film yet.
***The only camera I have is the one on my iPhone so no pictures of the iPhone in the case unless I figure out how do tricks with mirrors :p

EDIT: added "looks" paragraph.
EDIT2: It's probably a bit unfair for me to say a con is that it doesn't provide anyway to clip to belts etc.... as that isn't even a feature advertised by iSkin.

volntitan
Jul 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
Great review. I guess by attatching the hole covers they thought it would make it more bulky. How does it affect the overall bulk of the iphone? What color did you get again?

megax
Jul 30, 2007, 12:30 PM
**The only camera I have is the one on my iPhone so no pictures of the iPhone in the case unless I figure out how do tricks with mirrors :p

That sucks i noticed u have a green tint on your pictures thats not normal

chaoticprout
Jul 30, 2007, 01:09 PM
unboxing right now

boss1
Jul 30, 2007, 01:12 PM
Great review. I guess by attatching the hole covers they thought it would make it more bulky. How does it affect the overall bulk of the iphone? What color did you get again?

I got nighthawk. The hole cover plugs are an added bonus, but I doubt it had much to do with adding bulk. The case is very very light. I barely notice I have a case on at all if it weren't for the silky smooth feel the case has.

jconly
Jul 30, 2007, 01:20 PM
Any idea when, or if, these are going to be hitting the shelves at the Apple Store?

HeavyC
Jul 30, 2007, 01:23 PM
Can anyone post a picture of this actually on the phone? I'm this close to ordering one and giving up on the Piel Frama.

chaoticprout
Jul 30, 2007, 01:27 PM
privacy film is hard to put on because of dust, but once you get it on and get rid of the dust it's awesome. There are some apparent lines going down the screen but they don't bother me.

chaoticprout
Jul 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
one small problem: the vizor seems to be curved a bit and it doesnt lie completely flat on the back of my case, im gonna bend it a bit and see what happens

boss1
Jul 30, 2007, 02:07 PM
One other thing I just noticed, and I'm sure this applies to cases that are similar in style.

after making a few calls, I realized I'm no longer leaving a face print on the phone.

billchase2
Jul 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
thanks for the review! looking forward to the photos.

jqc
Jul 30, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the reviews, my two concerns, hopefully you can answer:

1. Stretching - obviously its too early to tell, but do you think that after repeatedly taking phone out and putting back in, the silicone will stretch out like the incase rubber case? Is made of the same material as that of the Evo3 for the most recent 5G ipod? if thats the case (no pun intended), does anyone have experience with the Evo3 packing out (i dont have either the evo or the 5g).

2. breathability - one concern of mine was a case's ability to breathe, especially in the super humid weather in NYC right now, are there any vents or holes to help it breath and reduce heat build up? I think the Evo3 also has this feature.

Thanks!!

ecks618
Jul 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
I am dying for pictures of the phone in the case, if anyone has or can get them, please post them....

boss1
Jul 30, 2007, 08:01 PM
1. Stretching. It is to early to tell. I dont have 1st hand experience with the Evo3 but this isn't one of those cases that you would take the phone in and out of many times a day. Im thinking i may take the phone out of the iSkin Revo once a week just to clean any dirt that may have snuck underneath.

2. Breathability. It is what it is. Its a rubber like material. It will very likely prevent liquid from penetrating through to the phone as much as will probably trap moisture inside. If this case is made of some sort of material that allows for moisture to escape, i havent seen that written anywhere.

Not sure how the case is going to disipitate heat generated from the phone itself although I highly doubt that's going to be an issue. Same thing goes from external sources of heat such as direct sunlight. I'm not sure yet but it doesn't seem like the type of rubber material that would get really hot due to direct sunlight.

jqc
Jul 31, 2007, 06:00 AM
thanks for the feedback Boss1

hexonxonx
Jul 31, 2007, 06:51 AM
I would agree with Boss1 on his review of the iSkin Revo. It is very well built and looks gorgeous on the phone. The few people that I showed off my phone to last night thought it was nice as well, just thought the price was a bit steep.

Like Boss1, I didn't place the privacy film on my screen, not sure I will. While I am at work, my phone will stay warm and cozy in my pocket when not in use and I will always have the visor on it. I did have the visor on the phone while I was out and about last night. The visor didn't come off and I feel certain it will stay secure now no matter what jeans/slacks I wear.

I did have one other case in the three weeks that I have owned my iPhone and that was a speck case. I bought it with my iPhone at the Apple store. That was a very poorly designed case, it stretched out the first time I took it off the phone to wipe it off after week one. Placing that back on the phone, it began to tear down near the bottom corners. That's when I heard about the iSkin Revo and figured I would be patient till it was put on sale.

So this iSkin Revo fits the iPhone very snug and unlike other cases, I don't see that the case will be a problem with it scratching the iPhone. The skin feels very soft, almost a velvety feel too it.

The only weak point I see in the case is that the switch to activate the silent/ringer hole should have been a bit bigger. I was able to move that switch but it was just a bit more difficult than without the case.

As with my Speck skin that I had previous to the iSkin case, it enclosed all the buttons inside the skin so you simply pressed the raised portion of the skin and the button responded flawlessly.

As for the dock port cover, this is another piece that can be lost easily if misplaced. Once inserted into the bottom of the phone, I don't see it falling out very easily so I am not worried about losing it that way.

I also like the way the headphone hole has a cover over it that closes tightly when not in use. To move it aside for use, you just simply push the headphone plug into it and it will move aside. It may take a little bit of practice to do it quickly.

The iSkin Revo is advertised on the website as repelling dust. I did manage to set the phone down on a table that was a tiny bit dusty and it apeared to pick up some of that dust. I took a damp cloth to the bottom of the case and the dust wiped away with no problems.

Well these are my impressions of the case. To me it is worth every dime paid as it looks nice and clean and professional even.

For anyone interested, I did post some iPhone/Revo photos on the everythingiphone site. They are not high quality, just what I took on my old Treo 650. I don't have the memory card with me or I would post them here as well.

Enjoy your cases, I know I am enjoying mine. I made a very good choice in iSkin Revo.

YoMamasPyjamas
Jul 31, 2007, 04:06 PM
It may be my imagination playing tricks on me, but I feel as though I remember seeing a picture when the Revo was first announced that showed the visor being used as a stand in landscape mode, for watching movies, etc. Now, however, I don’t see this type of function listed anywhere. Does anyone know if this case can perform this function? I travel on planes a lot and love to watch movies on my iPhone. I have the Belkin acrylic case now, and although its only OK, the stand is the main reason I didn't return it. I love everything about the Revo so far, I just hope it doesn’t require ghetto-propping for hands-free movie viewing. And yes, I just coined the term "ghetto-propping."

Hopefully someone who has gotten the case today can confirm. Thanks!

So not to quote myself or anything, but I wrote in to iSkin to ask about the possibility of a stand and about the availability of a clear case. Here is the response, straight from the horse's mouth (and check out the grammar!):

"Thank you for your interest in our products. Currently, we do not have the
clear Revo skin available and are working on one for the future, there is
not a release date set as yet. We are also working on a form of belt clip
or hoister that will have some form of kick stand, but these still being
worked out. When they are available you will be on of the first to know.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reply or call us @
1 (416) 924 9607 to discuss the matter. On behalf of iSkin we apologize for
any inconvenience and hope to ensure your iSkin experience shines!"

Edit: I have the Nighthawk on the way and am very excited, looks like the best case option by far!

valkin
Aug 1, 2007, 10:11 AM
I also have the revo on the way (nighthawk) and am also interested in a belt clip. I don't know why I assumed it came with one.

Either way, I'm totally excited for this product!

SteveM8
Aug 1, 2007, 12:19 PM
I ordered two and chose the free shipping. Shipped Tuesday and will not be delivered until August 7th. If I would of known that I would of chose the express option! Anyway, another week wait for me. Anyone get theirs yet and can post a pic of it on the phone?

Craiger
Aug 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
Could you guys post a few pictures of the case on the phone?

Thanks in advance...

~J~
Aug 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
Well, those awaiting an iSkin Revo case, I can say you will be happy with it. I have the black/blue one on my iPhone right now. Very nice fit. I just wish it had a belt clip. But I'm more comfortable walking around now with my iPhone completely protected. Another great case from iSkin IMO.

jsfried
Aug 1, 2007, 03:39 PM
Mine will be here tomorrow, and I got normal shipping. Its nice to be close to Canada.

scotty588
Aug 1, 2007, 05:24 PM
mines suppose to be here Tuesday :( oh well

El Carbonite
Aug 1, 2007, 05:26 PM
I just got my iSkin Revo (nighthawk) in the mail, and I have to say - this is THE best case ever for the iPhone. It comes with a sleek, privacy film that makes the screen look a bit funky at first, but once you get used to it - it's awesome.

sirnick4
Aug 1, 2007, 07:03 PM
I just got my iSkin Revo (nighthawk) in the mail, and I have to say - this is THE best case ever for the iPhone. It comes with a sleek, privacy film that makes the screen look a bit funky at first, but once you get used to it - it's awesome.

Can you expand on what you mean by funky?

Just curious. Mine is coming in 4 days and I'm just wondering if putting on the privacy film is worth it... if it looks funky.

BrittQ
Aug 1, 2007, 07:27 PM
Will any other retailers be selling the Revo? Will apple or at&t, or any online retailers?

tooshaggy
Aug 1, 2007, 07:35 PM
mine is coming on the sixth.cant wait!! After scratching my iphone with the crappy belkin clear case, and blowing twenty bucks on a worthless silicone case that moves all the time!
well, spending eighty bucks on cases all together, and finally getting a good one will be worth it. I dont really want a belt clip, seems too easy to smash ot into things--- im clumsy! I will poxket it, thank you.

El Carbonite
Aug 1, 2007, 09:57 PM
It makes the screen look funky since there are some visible lines running down the screen when looking at it.

volntitan
Aug 2, 2007, 09:05 AM
I ordered 3 on monday a.m. and paid for express shipping and as of this morning it still says "processing"! How long does it take to "process" 3 cases in a box and give it to the UPS guy!!!!

Yankees 4 Life
Aug 2, 2007, 09:53 AM
i just got mine... i looove this thing :)

volntitan
Aug 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
When did you order?

ecks618
Aug 2, 2007, 10:00 AM
My Shure MPA is coming today, and my iSkin is coming tomorrow...What a good way to start the weekend.

volntitan
Aug 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
For those that are getting their's tomorrow or next day, when did you order?

volntitan
Aug 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
Well called iskin and am now told that basically the only color they keep in stock is the nighthawk and they are awaiting a shipment "any day now" of the other colors. Said would be in today or tomorrow...right. They need to get it straight and mention this on the web site. Of course the same song and dance of "we didn't anticipate they would sell this way"....

morg0052
Aug 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
Will these be in apple or at&t stores anytime soon?

volntitan
Aug 2, 2007, 11:35 AM
I doubt it. If they are having trouble filling their online orders, I doubt they are able to handle retail.

ecks618
Aug 2, 2007, 01:28 PM
Will these be in apple or at&t stores anytime soon?

According to them it will take a couple weeks to get to stores, its in previous posts.

kydee6039
Aug 2, 2007, 01:58 PM
For the few people that actually have this case can we see some pics???

jecapaga
Aug 2, 2007, 02:32 PM
For the few people that actually have this case can we see some pics???

yes..pix please! that would be great.

ecks618
Aug 2, 2007, 02:41 PM
yes..pix please! that would be great.

Yes, I would appreciate that as well. If you have:

iPhone + iSkin Revo + Camera

Please post some pics.

hexonxonx
Aug 2, 2007, 02:59 PM
I have had my Revo nighthawk case since Monday afternoon and absolutely love it. The visor stays on in my pocket and has not fallen off once though it appears to clip on somewhat loosely.

The only annoyance is the pocket fuzz clinging to the case. On my black case, I am noticing that pocket fuzz is clinging to it, especially on the back where the visor clips on while using the phone. The fuzz clings to those corners there. It will wipe off easily and it shows on the front of the case in the corners there as well.

On a case that is a different color, the fuzz won't show up as much. I did post pics on that everything iphone site, I don't have them uploaded anywhere or else I would post them here too.

tooshaggy
Aug 2, 2007, 03:43 PM
this seems like THE case to have, except for lint cling. My phone lives in my jean shorts pocket, so i guess i have to live with it. Cant wait til monday!!!

hotsauce
Aug 2, 2007, 07:44 PM
I would like to see some photos of actual product in action. Pleaseeee.

Also, is it back ordered?

Thanks

exodus34x
Aug 2, 2007, 09:20 PM
My nighthawk will be arriving tomorrow. I decided to sell it and go for a skin.
Anybody from New york or north jersey interested. PM me. I'm selling it for $50 I paid express shipping so my loss is your gain. we could meet somewhere
in north jersey or meet in Manhattan on Monday. thank you.

SheepNutz
Aug 2, 2007, 09:51 PM
My black one and my wife's pink one will be in tomorrow. I'll have some good pics up tomorrow evening, and a little minireview too.

Giies
Aug 2, 2007, 11:41 PM
here the pink one if anyone interested. just got mine today actually

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/littlesimgirl/DSC00270.jpg

madfresh
Aug 3, 2007, 12:50 AM
Mine will be here on the 7th. :mad:

geetarooman
Aug 3, 2007, 01:31 AM
Mine will be here on the 8th it says..

When I get it I'll post pictures for everyone and probably a review. I am getting the nighthawk =).

RG129
Aug 3, 2007, 01:52 AM
I took some photos so more people can see the Nighthawk in action. I ordered 7/26 in the evening, and I received it on 7/31 (I paid the express fee).

Here's my review so far:

- Fits perfectly (but so did my Incase). My only concern is that the case is kind of thin and flimsy on the sides of the screen. The sides easily catch with a long swipe of the finger or when you're removing it from your pocket.

- The flap covering the headphone port worries me. After a couple of hours of listening, when I remove my headphones, the flap recovers only partially, not leaving it flush with the top of the case. It recovers fully and becomes flush as more time passes, but continual stress of this flap might leave it permanently deformed.

- The earpiece cutout gets filthy! Lint and smudges fill up quickly especially because the thick case makes this cavity deep. I just clean this out by slipping the cloth underneath the case to wipe clean.

- My 40 WPM typing has been compromised!!! The rubber is thick at the bottom and I am now continually pressing a letter instead of the space bar! The thick rubber at the bottom of the screen sort of forces my thumb up a little instead of leaving a solid thumb-print on the space bar. Auto-correct doesn't seem to pick up on this. I'm pretty sure I'll adjust again, but I'm having to correct way more than typing with my Incase. Give me a couple of more days, and I'll be fine.

- Feels beautiful. This is a much more softer material than Incase. It's smooth to the touch and lint easily wipes away.

- Softer material also required you to push more firmly to use any of the side buttons compared to my Incase

- Visor is useless and is made out of the cheapest plastic you can imagine. I haven't even taken a look at the privacy film. I still have Power Support film protecting me.

I'd rate this case an 8 out of 10. It's definitely the best case out there right now, but I'd rather do without the privacy film and visor and pay only $30.

I'm also not sure if I'm the minority, but if my Incase didn't stretch out, I'd probably be happier with that.

And now without further ado, I now introduce you to iSkin Revo, Nighthawk.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/rodger0129/IMG_0396.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/rodger0129/IMG_0397.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/rodger0129/IMG_0400.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/rodger0129/IMG_0399.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/rodger0129/IMG_0398.jpg

hexonxonx
Aug 3, 2007, 03:46 AM
Today I took my Revo case off just to clean it with soap and water. While that was off, I decided to apply the privacy film. Very happy I did! Yes it does prevent someone from walking up and trying to see what you are doing, the display just looks too dark to them.

When I applied the film, I wasn't sure I would like it at first because it left some air bubbles, about 5 of them. At the end of the night, all but two of them were gone. The final two, I worked out by rubbing the screen. Now with this film on, I can actually leave the visor off the phone if I forget it at home.

So today was day 4 of using this case. I am seriously loving everything about it! While I had the case off to clean it and the phone, I didn't see any scratches caused by the case. Looks like iSkin got it right.

ecks618
Aug 3, 2007, 09:53 AM
Here are my pictures.

Pictures are of the front
http://lh5.google.com/ecks618/RrNBS5PaH7I/AAAAAAAAAM0/wgGwD_tLVrA/DSC01740.JPG

front with Visor
http://lh6.google.com/ecks618/RrNBUJPaH-I/AAAAAAAAANM/wq9YESTMnJw/DSC01742.JPG

Visor as a stand!!!!!!!!

http://lh3.google.com/ecks618/RrNBTZPaH8I/AAAAAAAAAM8/Kl0imGHA20g/DSC01743.JPG

BTW, my full body BSE is still on the iPhone and doesn't interfere in any way with the iSkin revo.

demiurgical
Aug 3, 2007, 12:13 PM
Just got mine. I'm sorta liking the tactile feel of the privacy screen, will be perfect for those prying eyes on the subway :) Hopefully those few bubbles will go away in a day or two, if not i'll have to remove and re-apply.

It does feel softer than the incase which is nice. The plastic screen protector might come in handy when I put the iPhone in my bag, won't be using it when I just slip it into my pocket. I'll rate it 9/10 :apple:

~.

4ndr3w
Aug 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
Is there some sort of clear plastic or film covering the camera hole in the back? It looks so in the picture.

HeavyC
Aug 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
There's a plastic circular protector piece over the camera lens. I removed mine, because it made my pictures blurry. The lens is recessed into the case enough that I think it's protected without it just fine. You'd have to really try to poke at it in order to damage the lens.

I'm still debating putting the privacy film on. I'm going to compare it to my invisible shield and see which I like better.

ecks618
Aug 3, 2007, 06:05 PM
I left my BSE on and put the iskin over it and it turned out well. Im thinking of taking off the BSE and putting the privacy film and then the BSE ontop of the privacy.

Sobe
Aug 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
I assume it doesn't fit in the stock cradle with the case on?

ITASOR
Aug 3, 2007, 08:28 PM
Will any other retailers be selling the Revo? Will apple or at&t, or any online retailers?

There is a 2 to 2.5 week backorder on the Revo's for iSkin distributors and resellers, so don't expect them until the week of August 20th, unless someone got an early order somehow.

hexonxonx
Aug 4, 2007, 02:23 AM
For those who hate the lint clinging to the Revo case, wash it in soap and water a few times. Mine doesn't pick up lint anymore.

madfresh
Aug 4, 2007, 03:14 AM
For those who hate the lint clinging to the Revo case, wash it in soap and water a few times. Mine doesn't pick up lint anymore.

When you did it did you notice any change of color with the case? Fading or anything? ;x

hexonxonx
Aug 4, 2007, 04:54 AM
When you did it did you notice any change of color with the case? Fading or anything? ;x

No change at all and the case fit on the iPhone just as tight as it did on day one.

SheepNutz
Aug 4, 2007, 07:31 AM
We talkin' hot or cold water here?

Dfndr90
Aug 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
I think I might have received a defective case, the opening is not cut perfectly. The bottom portion by the home screen button is cut at a slight angle and the top by the ear piece bulges out when the phone is in there. Looks like I will have to exchange.

Matt...

ecks618
Aug 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
I think I might have received a defective case, the opening is not cut perfectly. The bottom portion by the home screen button is cut at a slight angle and the top by the ear piece bulges out when the phone is in there. Looks like I will have to exchange.

Matt...

I have the ear piece bulging out thing, but everything is seems weird. Go for the exchange.

ndriver182
Aug 4, 2007, 06:33 PM
Has anybody here owned the incase rubber case prior to trying the revo? I returned the incase due to the fact that in less than a week the case started to get loose and also I didn't want to take the chance of dirt getting between the rubber and phone to scratch up the chrome. I have an iskin cover on my video ipod and like it so I'm curious how the revo is holding up for people who've had it for a couple days.

jecapaga
Aug 6, 2007, 01:27 AM
Has anybody here owned the incase rubber case prior to trying the revo? I returned the incase due to the fact that in less than a week the case started to get loose and also I didn't want to take the chance of dirt getting between the rubber and phone to scratch up the chrome. I have an iskin cover on my video ipod and like it so I'm curious how the revo is holding up for people who've had it for a couple days.

I am wondering the same....

ecks618
Aug 6, 2007, 09:14 AM
I am wondering the same....

I have had it for a couple of days and have switched between that and the incase pouch every day. It hasn't stretched since the day I got it. The most important thing about taking it on and off is that the top of the case is a little bit looser than the bottom because of the cut out of the earpiece. In order to keep it from stretching, always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put it on by placing it in the top first (directions from case say bottom first), and take it off by taking the bottom off first.

OCOTILLO
Aug 6, 2007, 10:01 AM
From what I read on all of these case posts (and my own experience), cases are more trouble than they are worth.

sirnick4
Aug 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
I must say, I love the new Revo case. It fits perfectly on my iPhone.

In my mind, the privacy film is the best feature of the case. It works as advertised. When the phone is tilted, the view becomes obstructed (things look blurry and dark).

One of the coolest things about the privacy film is that it doesn't really attract fingerprints. When I had the Power Support Crystal Film on my iPhone, it attracted fingerprints and I would CONSTANTLY have to wipe my iPhone. I like not having to do that every 5 minutes.

The last thing I like about the privacy film is that it really does enhance the touch experience. I would compare the touching of the privacy film to the touch of the trackpad on my MBP. It seems just right.

Kudos to iSkin and their excellent product.

tooshaggy
Aug 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
I just got my my case and scrubbed it in soap and water a few times. An earlier post reccomended this to reduce the lint capture problem. That did not seem to work for me, but this is a nice case.

davekarn
Aug 6, 2007, 05:00 PM
The UPS man just brought mine (Nighthawk) to me! I too put the privacy film on it and LOVE the feel of it, although it will take some getting used to the slight graininess that it adds to the screen (although videos still look surprisingly good). The case has a great smooth feel to it, and fits tight all around the phone unlike some of the skins I've seen that seem too loose. Best case I've seen so far and don't see myself having any problems with it. I was worried that any case (other than the clear ones) would take away from the iPhone appeal, but it really doesn't IMO.

geetarooman
Aug 9, 2007, 01:01 AM
I got my revo "NightHawk" in the mail today, and I am quite pleased with it so far.

There were a few things I was worried about, ranging from the visor being too loose, bent edges, imperfect cuts, and the privacy screen ruining the screen's look.

When I got it I carefully opened the box, and saw that there was a case, privacy film, a visor, instructions and the dock plug.

The instructions were extremely easy to follow, and putting on the privacy film was pretty easy to put on too.

So I took the privacy film and began to apply, the film felt quite thick, and it felt like it could definitely withstand some good scratches. I applied it, and while looking at it there were definitely some lines running up and down the screen because of the polarizer on the film. The film worked like a charm, and I personally like the feel of the film much more than the screen itself, because it has better grip with the fingers. The finger prints are much easier to clean off and they are not as noticeable as on the naked screen. Definitely a keeper.

That's with the screen on and privacy film on, it doesn't let anyone see

So far so good, now to putting on the case.

It was extremely easy to put on the case, and first thing I did was inspect to see if there was the little opening on the top of the case, and sure enough there was. So with a little massaging of the entire case it was super snug, and the top piece wasn't sticking out anymore. The feel of the case is great, very soft and it feels much better in the hand than the incase did. My only complain with the case, is that it is hard to switch the phone's ringer on and off, but I'm sure with practice it gets easier.

Another great thing was that the case doesn't obstruct the keyboard what-so-ever. That is one of the biggest complaints about cases for the iphone, because some of them limit the room to type the corner letters and the bottom buttons. This case was perfect.

Now, people say that the visor seems to be really loose. It definitely seems a bit loose but I gave my phone a good shake (I know I probably shouldn't have =P) and the visor stayed on without even moving. It is extremely easy to take off the front, and put on the back if you are in a rush to pick up a phone call. I am definitely going to keep it on, since the phone will be in my pocket a lot. For me the finger prints were a bit bothersome on the visor, just because I hate messy things, and fingerprints can be quite annoying for me. But that's just me, and it doesn't hinder the visor at all.

So far my case hasn't picked up any lint out of my pocket nor, any dust from when I left it on a semi-dusty table.

A few things to note is that the case doesn't allow the phone to charge on the regular iphone charger, but it fits in an ipod charger, so if you have one you should use it. Another thing is that you will still be able to feel the phone vibrate through the case, because for me that was a big worry. Thankfully I was able to feel it no problem and the ring quality doesn't get hampered at all with the case on.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I'll try to post up some pictures later =).

This case is a great one so far.

beemil
Aug 9, 2007, 09:23 AM
I received my nighthawk case yesterday and am fairly pleased with it. It fits nice and tight around the iphone and provides a good amount of protection while adding grip to the phone. The privacy filter was horrible in my opinion. It makes your screen look extremely grainy, almost like an old tv running at crappy resolution, so I took that off immediately. One thing that bugged me though, and still really bugs me, is the fact that "nighthawk" is actually "espresso brown with black accent". I did not see this listed on iskin's website at all, and I personally think that brown is a horrible color to mix with black, and even to mix with the iphone at all. Basically, the whole "nighthawk" case is a dark brown, and then the 2 rubber pieces that go over the earpiece and home button are black. I think that it's kinda shady, so I probably won't be using the case and will most likely return it to iSkin. Just my $0.02.

Island Dog
Aug 9, 2007, 11:25 AM
I dropped my iPhone last night, and scratched it a bit. I need a case but none of them impress me, but this one is quite interesting.

dfnj123
Aug 9, 2007, 09:03 PM
anyone have colors other than black. I'm wondering how other colors look in this case

tooshaggy
Aug 9, 2007, 10:03 PM
I have the blue. It looks alright. I think black may look better.

vespagirl
Aug 10, 2007, 11:24 PM
I got my case yesterday and 24 hours later, I am loving it to death. Someone mentioned somewhere that iSkin's customer service is questionable, and I submit that it is not. I ordered my case in nighthawk (black), and then I changed my mind after looking closer at the gallery pics and wanted the rah (baby blue). I sent them an email at the last possible second when my order was still in processing status and asked for a color change. I didn't get a reply back and actually got a shipment notice within a few hours after that. The order still had nighthawk listed but when the package got here - IT WAS THE BLUE ONE! That was a pleasant surprise.

Back to the case - it fits like a glove and feels great in my hands. Adds zero bulk to the phone. The visor fits on there easily and I can see how that may translate to some as a loose fit. Ha-evah, it comes off easily when I need to take a call or do anything with the devce. Hours later, I took my Power Support cystal off and put their privacy screen on because of the good reviews about the feel of it. I see the legit claims about the grainy appearance to the screen, but I do like the privacy and I like that it's non-adhesive so if I decide to take it off, it's not going to be a hassle. This is probably my sixth case and I'm sticking with it. I also got the lanyard/microfiber combo from iSkin's website and I do like that lanyard. I am not a lanyard person and won't be wearing it out in public anytime soon, but knowing the case is uber-protective will let me throw it in my purse and use that lanyard as a leash. I'll be getting another one for my iPhone buddy when he decides which color combination he wants.

Sherb
Aug 15, 2007, 07:15 PM
Thought I would post some pics of my Nighthawk. I just put the case on and the pocket fuzz/lint is already sticking to it, but it's not as bad as the photos make it look :)

*Note: I have a crystal film on the iPhone.
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9035/img00111ys5.jpghttp://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8034/img0013lm2.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/525/img00121rr1.jpg

:apple:

ctakim
Aug 15, 2007, 08:55 PM
Nice, but there is a wee bit of dandruff on your iPhone:)

sirnick4
Aug 15, 2007, 09:59 PM
Nice Apple keyboard in the background.

jecapaga
Aug 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
Nice, but there is a wee bit of dandruff on your iPhone:)

Yeah it looks like this case attracts a large amount of dust/debris/pocket lint? No scratching of the chrome bezel though?

hotsauce
Aug 16, 2007, 12:24 AM
Is it just me or is there a slight bulge on the upper flap on the screen side? I notice this on all the pictures.

jecapaga
Aug 16, 2007, 12:29 AM
Is it just me or is there a slight bulge on the upper flap on the screen side? I notice this on all the pictures.

I thought the same...the piece covering the earpiece and the home button area seems a little flimsy/not so snug fitting.

drater
Aug 16, 2007, 12:54 AM
to me it looks bad, nothing personal, but i love the iphone naked...screen protector, but that's all.

hexonxonx
Aug 16, 2007, 01:37 AM
I thought the same...the piece covering the earpiece and the home button area seems a little flimsy/not so snug fitting.

There are a few people who got a case that had that top piece not lay flat. Mine lays flat just like the bottom, has since day one.

SheepNutz
Aug 16, 2007, 10:23 AM

It's not a bulge, it's just not cut straight! I've noticed that on a lot of the pictures people are posting. Mine is nice and straight, but my wife's pink one is cut really crooked like the one above, so it just looks like it's bulging out.

rwdebes
Aug 16, 2007, 03:21 PM
so as i can see.. this case is no different from the incase one..
same problems and crap material...
anyone who had bouth prefer the incase ??? i returned mine.. but im not sure if ill wait to try on my iphone the iskin at apple stores, or just get another incase.

Island Dog
Aug 16, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm glad I didn't get this now. I think I'm just going to end up buying a pouch for the few times I really "need" a case.

drewfus
Aug 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
so as i can see.. this case is no different from the incase one..
same problems and crap material...
anyone who had bouth prefer the incase ??? i returned mine.. but im not sure if ill wait to try on my iphone the iskin at apple stores, or just get another incase.

Having had both the incase and the iSkin, I think that while they're similar in look, they really are pretty different from each other.

The material that the iSkin is made out of is silicone, as opposed to rubber for the incase. The silicone doesn't stretch out like the rubber did. Also, the back of the iSkin doesn't have that strange pattern etched into it like the incase did. The iSkin provides just enough grip so that the phone isn't slippery, whereas the incase provided so much grip that it was kind of difficult to get out of my pocket.

Believe me, I'd much rather go naked, but I'm not willing to do it if it means a higher possibility of having an accident and dropping the phone. The iSkin is a great choice if you don't need to wear the phone on your belt. It offers great protection for the phone, but adds minimal bulk.

Just my $.02!

atavision
Aug 21, 2007, 08:39 PM
After searching for the perfect (for me) cover for my iPhone I decided
on the iSkin ReVo and went to their site. It wasn't available yet, but
within two days the site said they were now ready. I ordered one
and as I am in Vancouver and they come from Toronto, I got mine
in a couple of days. It's great, fit is fine and even the visor fits/works
great. Haven't tried the privacy screen yet, probably won't, just not
that secretive. Now my iPhone bounces!