Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Too LONG!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the power of an antimicrobial case

step 1: invent problem that customer didn't know existed
step 2: solve problem for customer
step 3: watch customer go "ooooh"

an anti-microbial case?

Yes I have seen them, and I've used their products before, they're great.

But an anti-microbial case? There must have been some guy sitting at a marketing meeting going "I have to come up with something quick or Issacson will get the Peterson account."

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
yeah, I want to get this case too. I could give a damn about the antimicrobial stuff, it just seems it would work best for me.

iMichael72

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Maryland, U.S.A
I'm waiting for this case as well. I have the iQase, which is great, but would like to have another one I could just keep in my pocket if I wanted to.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
step 1: invent problem that customer didn't know existed
step 2: solve problem for customer
step 3: watch customer go "ooooh"

an anti-microbial case?

Yes I have seen them, and I've used their products before, they're great.

But an anti-microbial case? There must have been some guy sitting at a marketing meeting going "I have to come up with something quick or Issacson will get the Peterson account."

People with no imagination for iPhone accessories are so bitter....

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
People with no imagination for iPhone accessories are so bitter....

I don't think anti-microbial is really sufficient. I'd like more information.

For example, if I take my iPhone into the congo and HIV+ blood drips on it, will the iSkin kill the HIV?

Can it handle extreme drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB)?

As a discriminating iPhone accessory consumer, I'd like to know exactly what level of protection they are selling me.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I don't think anti-microbial is really sufficient. I'd like more information.

For example, if I take my iPhone into the congo and HIV+ blood drips on it, will the iSkin kill the HIV?

Can it handle extreme drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB)?

As a discriminating iPhone accessory consumer, I'd like to know exactly what level of protection they are selling me.

I think you're stretching for reasons regarding your statement. Do you know of alternatives for an anti bacterial iPhone case? one that would repel HIV , TB and cancer ? btw how many times do you travel to the Congo? I'm not trying to make bad assumptions here but I think that's pretty interesting I've never been there.

Not trying to be mean but jeez. Cellphones are among the top ranking filthiest devices humans come into contact with. We knew this before this REVO case. They are filthier than keyboards and most know how filthy those things can get. Disgusting is probably an understatement.

Now i'm not saying anyone should be the type of person to open public doorknobs with a latex glove for fear of bacteria nor am I saying everyone should purchase a REVO case because it's the anti bacterial revolutionary product of the year. However it is a creative feature I wouldn't mind having on a product that gets extremely filthy over time.

If you want to know what level of protection your getting you can start your information hunt here: http://www.microban.com/americas/about_microbes/?lang=en

That's a link from iskin.com . I'm not going to assume that you didn't take the time to look over the site to see that link however I am leaning towards the feeling that you didn't.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
to the OP. I'm waiting for an announcement also. I signed up for the email notice. I just hope they offer a black or grey color option. I don't really like the color choice they have.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
I think you're stretching for reasons regarding your statement. Do you know of alternatives for an anti bacterial iPhone case? one that would repel HIV , TB and cancer ? btw how many times do you travel to the Congo? I'm not trying to make bad assumptions here but I think that's pretty interesting I've never been there.

Not trying to be mean but jeez. Cellphones are among the top ranking filthiest devices humans come into contact with. We knew this before this REVO case. They are filthier than keyboards and most know how filthy those things can get. Disgusting is probably an understatement.

Now i'm not saying anyone should be the type of person to open public doorknobs with a latex glove for fear of bacteria nor am I saying everyone should purchase a REVO case because it's the anti bacterial revolutionary product of the year. However it is a creative feature I wouldn't mind having on a product that gets extremely filthy over time.

If you want to know what level of protection your getting you can start your information hunt here: http://www.microban.com/americas/about_microbes/?lang=en

That's a link from iskin.com . I'm not going to assume that you didn't take the time to look over the site to see that link however I am leaning towards the feeling that you didn't.

I'm not denying that microban isn't interesting...Would be great for lab benchtops for example. I just think it's a classic example of creating a need that doesn't exist and then solving it for the customer.

Just wash your hands regularly, which is something you should do anyway.

Funny that you should ask me to read it though...did you catch this?

"Microban technology is not designed to protect users from disease causing microorganisms."

Basically it's anti-stain and odor...but when people hear "anti-microbial" or "anti-bacterial" they think "oh I won't get sick if someone has staph on their hands and touches my iPhone..."

It's what...a $30 case? ok even if it is $50...when it gets stained and smelly just buy a new one.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I don't have an exact date, but my supplier says to expect them around August 3rd...definitely in August. It will retail at $39.99 in case anyone is wondering, which includes the case itself, the ViSOR and the privacy film.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
I don't have an exact date, but my supplier says to expect them around August 3rd...definitely in August. It will retail at $39.99 in case anyone is wondering, which includes the case itself, the ViSOR and the privacy film.

Crap, I'm leaving for a trip to Florida on the 8th, and I really really want that case to take with me. I think I hear overnight shipping calling me.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Crap, I'm leaving for a trip to Florida on the 8th, and I really really want that case to take with me. I think I hear overnight shipping calling me.

Where do you live? If it really is ready to ship on the 3rd, even USPS Priority could make it to you by the 8th. 3 day select shipping is usually only around $10 if you want it to definitely be there.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Some people on the everythingiphone forums are speculating them being available on iskin's website tonight or tomorrow. I hope it's true!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Some people on the everythingiphone forums are speculating them being available on iskin's website tonight or tomorrow. I hope it's true!

Quite possible. Like I said, my estimate was when I can have them, the manufacturer usually has them for sale first. If they do come out tomorrow, I guess you won't have to worry about getting one before your trip!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
do you know anything of colors avaliable other than 3 on the website ?

I believe there are 5 colors; dark blue, light blue, red, yellow, and my fav, black!

7 colors I believe. Clear (frosted), 2 blues, yellow, red, pink. Don't quote me on that though. Definitely the 5 that SheepNutz mentioned, but the pink + frosted will also be offered I think.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I'm just curious, how many people are very seriously interested in this case? When it first came out I didn't expect it to be one of the popular ones, but it seems like it is. I'm going to be ordering a few. Not sure on pricing yet, but how many people are planning to buy one? I was hoping I could do like $37 shipped.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Here's a post from a guy in another iPhone forum, apparently he's been doing some marketing for iskin or something like that. Disregard the part about the free iskin revo, as he already gave it to someone on those forums:

REVO UPDATE ****

Just wanted to keep you guys informed on everything going on. I just got home from the office. We just submited our entire campaign to iskin. We are finished! They gave all of us the retail version of the new revo. Small differences in the grip and design (no big difference.) I asked if the launch date was still set for today at 5pm pst and they said that at this time it is 'highly unlikely.' Later a younger guy stated that there was 2 things working against the launch date. 1) They have already received 300,000 email notifications and the demand is much larger than they anticapated. They only have 100,000 units for sale on launch. So for anyone interested in this item seriosuly, order early if you can, b/c they said there was going to be a backorder of 3-4 weeks for everyone that doesn't get in on the 100,000 intial released. The younger guy working for Revo told me that are now looking at a later in the week release, possibly even Monday! I said so when the website says 'available in July" you really mean available in August?! And 2) they have to update their online website to be able to accept online purchases for the Revio. I will no longer be apart of the final plans for the Revo for my company is now moving to another product. So the release date is now just a guessing game! On a lighter note, I have 2 Revo Iskin cases. I will just keep the alpha test case (since it is really not very different) and give whoever wants the retail version of the Revo for iphone away. So if you want it, message me.. It is in baby blue again. At my work we get free shipping to, so I will be able to overnight it at no charge.

Best, Insom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.