PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Aliph Jawbone BT phones?

rickhahn
Jul 15, 2007, 04:43 PM
They seem very cool, and the noise-cancelling features are great...just wondered if anyone has tried them... thanks

Sobe
Aug 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
I seem to be having trouble with the "talk" button...

It was my understanding that you could press it to end calls.

Am I just being an idiot or is it likely that my model has a problem with it?

Any pointers on how to use it properly that the manual might have glossed over?

b257177
Aug 2, 2007, 07:33 PM
They seem very cool, and the noise-cancelling features are great...just wondered if anyone has tried them... thanks

I can tell you that for the past 5 days all I have done is read forums and reviews about the various bluetooth solutions available right now. Based on said readings, which were EXTENSIVE to say the least, I chose to purchase the Aliph JawBone and am awaiting delivery now ($105 with deliver via eBay Express, opting to pay slightly more to use a reputable seller offering quick shipping. Sure, I could have paid even less, but I still paid less than the Apple Store or other web sites are charging.)

Anyway, I will be doing an in-depth review and posting it online, as I use the JawBone, to provide the real-world usage scenario review and assessment.

sunday888
Aug 2, 2007, 11:42 PM

The Jawbone has been discussed here many times. Try a search. Bottom line, for me, they're the best BT headset I've used. The noise reduction is phenomenal and they just work. Mine works flawlessly with my iPhone.

loudestnoise
Aug 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
I love my Jawbone, and my only complaint is that the fit doesn't work out for everyone. I have gone the route of getting a custom ear mold made from an impression I had done by an Audiologist and hope this will solve my fit issues. This being my 3rd Bluetooth headset I've owned. Previous were, Jabra BT250, and a cheap Motorola H350 headset. Both were just terrible in loud conditions, and the Jawbone performs flawlessly for me. Wind is an issue, but that is not Jawbone's fault. Almost all headsets are like this. If you are really in need of Wind Reduction, you may check some of the Plantronics models. I used to work at a place where these were sold, and many reports would come back in of their performance in Windy situations. For me the wind isn't that big of a deal, and you can in a pinch cover the mic with your hand (although this does defeat the whole handsfree thing). Did I mention Jawbone is sexy looking? Because it is.