PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if this jabra bt8010 bluetooth headset will work for the iphone?

212rikanmofo
Jul 15, 2007, 07:39 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5EdPSUKlk

it's one of the nicest ones i've seen...

anyone have one of these?

Jabra BT8010

Goldenbear
Jul 17, 2007, 12:59 AM
Don't see why not, but do you really want something that large hanging off your ear?

4ndr3w
Jul 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
I never understand why you need a display on a headset. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

luuucas
Jul 17, 2007, 12:40 PM
Per an AT&T rep, yes it will work with the iphone as it is Bluetooth 2.0, which is the iphone requirement.

psywzrd
Sep 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
I know I'm bumping a really old thread here but are any of you guys using a BT8010 with an iphone? I am and it works find except for the caller id. If you have the person's name programmed into the headset's phone book, their name is supposed to show up when they call you. Is that function working for any of you guys? My display is basically blank when someone calls. I've tried deleting and re-pairing the device but still no luck. Anyone?

noksucow
Oct 13, 2008, 10:16 PM
I am using it with the first gen iphone and can attest to the fact that it works. However, the caller ID feature does not work with the first gen iphone. Not sure if it does with the 3g one or not.

I know I'm bumping a really old thread here but are any of you guys using a BT8010 with an iphone? I am and it works find except for the caller id. If you have the person's name programmed into the headset's phone book, their name is supposed to show up when they call you. Is that function working for any of you guys? My display is basically blank when someone calls. I've tried deleting and re-pairing the device but still no luck. Anyone?

psywzrd
Oct 23, 2008, 10:59 AM
I am using it with the first gen iphone and can attest to the fact that it works. However, the caller ID feature does not work with the first gen iphone. Not sure if it does with the 3g one or not.

I can confirm that it definitely doesn't work with the 3G. I'm assuming it's due to the iphone's limited bluetooth stack but I'm not sure. For me it defeats the purpose of having a headset with caller id since I now have to take my phone out to see who's calling me before I decide to take the call.

CZroe
Oct 26, 2008, 11:05 PM
Oh, the CID on the BT8010 works... until you add the number to your iPhone's contact list. IMO, it's yet ANOTHER aggrivating iPhone glitch that they haven't fixed in subsequent updates. I believe it is trying to send the name information from your contact list while the device only accepts numeric CID. The phone can't just assume that the CID profile device is capable of receiving the formatted name and should have an option to send only the number (which the device can cross-reference with the list).

I never understand why you need a display on a headset. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Not if the purpose is to keep your expensive phone put away and not risk dropping it just to see who it is and reject the call. Just think about it. It's the reason even early CID BT heasets (Jabra BT800 for example) had vibration and belt holsters.

Damn shoddy CID support makes me scared to order one of those Sony-Ericsson/Fossil CID watches with AVRCP. Always having CID with call-rejection on your wrist with discrete call notification (you'll always feel a wristwatch vibrate) would be awesome and totally negate the need for CID on the headset.

Besides, this just happens to be the only A2DP headset I know of that can be worn over a single ear and isn't in-ear like the bud-style BT8040, AND IT'S CHEAP (discontinued). For ears like mine, it's the only option (NO earbud styles fit even when sitting still). I still wonder if I am actually getting both channels. I have two conflicting tests with left, right, left & right WAVs on the same Insignia Sport A2DP MP3 player... it supports HSP also so it may revert sometimes while leaving AVRCP and music mode active.