View Full Version : What's this?

Jul 22, 2003, 10:29 PM
My friend just ordered a 8500 w/G3 upgrade. This was rattling inside the cpu, looks like a heat sink, but he can't find spot for it. He said it has a place that looks like it slides onto something else. I haven't looked at it yet.

Any ideas

Jul 22, 2003, 11:01 PM
I've seen one of these upgrades. It is a heat sink that if you twist around it comes of. Iv'e heard that some of these models actually control the mhz. But it is most likely that its the heat sink thing.