Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeh123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2003
London
This seems to have quietly slipped by but European Apple resellers last week got notification of G5 shipping dates.

1.8 and 2 GHZ models will not ship until the 3rd week of September. I presume 1.6 models are still on for shipping before 2nd September.

Anyone got any definite news on the American market?,

MacMaelstrom

macrumors member
Yeah. Select a G5 at the US AppleStore site, and go to continue, and keep going all the way to the page where it says Login to complete your order and whatnot... that describes what you are going to purchace. Est. Shipping Date: 7 - 10 weeks.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Not much of a big surprise. Apple always promises things way before they manage to deliver.....

I'm not ordering mine until they arrive in the stores and even then I might wait. I'm thinking of getting one when it comes loaded with Panther....

D

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Actually, someone on the forum reported last week that they had been notified that their dual G5 ship date had changed from September 2 to August 29. Of course, these are both "on or before" dates.

halli

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
Reykjavik, Iceland
There must be an order que, those who ordered first will get their mac in august but those who order now will get theirs in september. Thus it seems they are getting many orders for the new powermac.

jFreeangel1

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2003
NY
I am planning to place an order for a PM G5 dual 2.0 within 2 weeks. It's going to be a lonnnggg wait before I see a G5, if recent orders won't ship till the end of Sept. I'm crossing my fingers for shipping prior to mid Sept. The wait is going to drive me crazy.

prajnaparamita

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2003
I ordered my G5 Dual about a week ago.
Ofcourse shipping date on the Order status is still On or before oct. 3. But this means it could be shipped before the 3rd, right? I am wondering when I am gonna be notified the "REAL" shipping date.

Guys, tell me your experiences on the shipping date with Apple.

:p (I am like peeking the Order status every time I sit in front of my ibook.... can't wait!!)

minimecpy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2003
I feel the same way...I just ordered my Dual 2 GHz yesterday, and I feel it's going to be forever...I start high school in September, and the machine is "On or before Oct. 10." I know the PowerBook G4 owners (17") had a horrible time with their shipping dates, but I hope Apple actually can deliver on that date. From what I remember, Apple was at least 3 weeks late for most of the buyers, but I couldn't stand waiting until November for a machine ordered the last day of July.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i am going to go by elite computers today...imho, the best apple based store in northern cal, and i will see if they have "the monster":D

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I ordered my dual 2ghz G5 right after the keynote, and my shipping date still says On or before August 29

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.