Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
anyone know where i can get a Power Supply for my Digital Audio PowerMac G4 733mhz?

my computer is not turning on at all and i think its my power supply...anyone know where i can find one for cheap?

thank you

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
1. Define not turning on.
2. Check eBay.

there is no reaction when i press the power button and its plugged in i have tried several cords and different outlets... and also i have taken out the lil battery inside and tried to reset the NVRAM? i think thats what its called where the button next to the internal lil battery needs to be pressed...

by not turning on i mean it doesnt do ANYTHING.... no fans nothing spinning ... just no power... as if it was not connected and i hit the power button

thanks for your help... and i was checking ebay... but wondering if there is any other (CHEAPER) alternatives?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Are there any lights that turn on the logic board when you attempt to power up? Sounds like it's dead otherwise...

You can try hacking an ATX power supply to work on a Power Mac.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Are there any lights that turn on the logic board when you attempt to power up? Sounds like it's dead otherwise...

Cant.

I tried it. Didnt work out. :/

That damn 28V requirement for the GigEs, the DAs, and the Quicksilvers throws a monkey wrench into it.

Best bet is either finding a used PSU, or hell, just a cheap 400-466 DA or GigE tower, pulling the PSU, and selling it for parts.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Surprisingly enough it is cheaper to buy a working DA tower and just use the power supply for that...

I'm not sure if the 733 MHz version needs a little more power then the other models.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Surprisingly enough it is cheaper to buy a working DA tower and just use the power supply for that...

I'm not sure if the 733 MHz version needs a little more power then the other models.

Nope, its the same PSU all the way down the line from the GigE 400 to the DA 733.

The quicksilver is the same, just with more wattage, and an extra 4-pin connector thats required for the QS, but the PSU will work on anything.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles

no lights at all... from what i see... just dead... is there anything else it could be?

btw i took my hard drives out and took out data from them... so i know those are still good... and i took out my ram and put it back in as well as my PCI USB2.0/Firewire card... no luck at all... no fans, no lights, no anything

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Nope, its the same PSU all the way down the line from the GigE 400 to the DA 733.

The quicksilver is the same, just with more wattage, and an extra 4-pin connector thats required for the QS, but the PSU will work on anything.
Just making sure that the singles and duals ran on the exact same power supply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.