PDA

View Full Version : Clinton backs Bush!

Backtothemac
Jul 23, 2003, 08:24 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92677,00.html

Wow, I have to say that I have a new found respect for President Clinton. It would take a real man to say what he said and buck his party.

Kudos to Clinton!

zimv20
Jul 23, 2003, 10:09 AM
i read clinton's comments and am reminded of how i always found him an articulate and gracious man.

SPG
Jul 23, 2003, 10:18 AM
The only problem with this whole thing is that bush is still acting as though he never made a mistake. If bush stepped up and admitted that he was responsible for the statements he made in his own state of the union speech, then fine, we could look at clinton's support for that statement. Unfortunately bush has tried to get by with calling it "technically accurate" and the admin has put up Tenet and now rice's assistant to fall on their swords.
So bush is still losing credibility and clinton comes out looking better.

macfan
Jul 23, 2003, 10:24 AM
Should Bush lie and say he knew about the CIA concerns about that line in the State of the Union? Should he lie and say that the statement isn't technically accurate (and still claimed as accurate by the British)?

IJ Reilly
Jul 23, 2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by macfan
Should Bush lie and say he knew about the CIA concerns about that line in the State of the Union? Should he lie and say that the statement isn't technically accurate (and still claimed as accurate by the British)?

No, Bush should take responsibility for what he said instead of trying to pin the blame on his underlings. A real leader takes blame and gives credit. Mr. Bush is showing himself as a leader who takes credit and gives blame. This is quickly becoming the real story here.

pseudobrit
Jul 23, 2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by macfan

He should do what Clinton should have done and be honest and forthcoming, not deceptive, dodgy and getting by on "technicalities."

BaghdadBob
Jul 26, 2003, 02:26 AM
Not to resurrect an oldish thread, but I just wanted to pose the conjecture that Clinton is actually backing Blair here, indirectly. He is pretty fond of his old friend, and has had his back on this general subject before.

As far as what credit Bush has taken, I'm not quite sure what you're saying. I believe the stance he is taking is that he believed what he said at the time and still holds it to be true, however in retrospect he feels it would have been better left ommitted considering some revelations about the intelligence it was based on.

What do you want him to say? Unless you believe that he intentionally lied, which is not something he's going to say, obviously.

Boy, this election season is gonna be so ugly...I think I'm gonna hide in a box for the next year...

BTW..."Mistakes were made"...sounds kinda familiar...this is Presidenteese of late.

jbomber
Jul 26, 2003, 04:46 AM
man. i miss Bill Clinton. He was just such a cool guy in addition to being a good president. sure he had his indescretions, but you're a fool if you think he was the first.... As someone pointed out in their sig file- no one died because of Clinton's lies.

I WISH he could run again. You're right Bob, this election season is going to SUCK! I don't know what the hell is wrong with the democratic party. the republicans decided they'd discredit clinton because of something he did with a chubby intern. why won't the dems step up and talk about the elephant in the room? For God's sake, blood was shed over this insanity. If these scandals aren't LEGITIMATE grounds for impeachment, I don't know what is.

jbomber
Jul 26, 2003, 04:46 AM
correction: blood continues to be shed....

Backtothemac
Jul 26, 2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by jbomber
man. i miss Bill Clinton. He was just such a cool guy in addition to being a good president. sure he had his indescretions, but you're a fool if you think he was the first.... As someone pointed out in their sig file- no one died because of Clinton's lies.

I WISH he could run again. You're right Bob, this election season is going to SUCK! I don't know what the hell is wrong with the democratic party. the republicans decided they'd discredit clinton because of something he did with a chubby intern. why won't the dems step up and talk about the elephant in the room? For God's sake, blood was shed over this insanity. If these scandals aren't LEGITIMATE grounds for impeachment, I don't know what is.

See, what amazes me is that your wonderful, perfect, flawless Bill Clinton, just told all of the liberals out there to get off the President, and understand that the WMD's were there, and are still there, and to get off the 16 words.

HE DID NOT LIE. British intel still supports that claim, and that is what he said.

Sheez people, you better get off Bush the dictator, and find something to run on, or your party is going to get slaughtered next year. Howard Dean has not supported the use of force 1 time since 9/11. How well do you think that is going to go over with the average American?

IJ Reilly
Jul 26, 2003, 11:31 AM
I just re-read the post to which you were allegedly responding, and I can't find any evidence of a "wonderful, perfect, flawless Bill Clinton" argument. So once again, I would suggest that if you are truly seeking to elevate the debate on these boards, that you take a serious look at the way you respond to the points made by others.

Backtothemac
Jul 26, 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by IJ Reilly
I just re-read the post to which you were allegedly responding, and I can't find any evidence of a "wonderful, perfect, flawless Bill Clinton" argument. So once again, I would suggest that if you are truly seeking to elevate the debate on these boards, that you take a serious look at the way you respond to the points made by others.

LOL. That is funny. I need to tak a look at the way I respond to others.

" Clinton was a good President, and a cool guy", "And no one ever died over Clintons lies"

To which I responded that Bush did not lie. As for Clinton being perfect, and flawless, that statement is made to a broader number of people on the board that cannot seem to understand that Clinton did commit perjury, and obstructed justice, but want to impeach Bush over 16 words that WERE true.

The British did tell us that was the case.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jbomber
Jul 26, 2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
LOL. That is funny. I need to tak a look at the way I respond to others.

" Clinton was a good President, and a cool guy", "And no one ever died over Clintons lies"

To which I responded that Bush did not lie. As for Clinton being perfect, and flawless, that statement is made to a broader number of people on the board that cannot seem to understand that Clinton did commit perjury, and obstructed justice, but want to impeach Bush over 16 words that WERE true.

The British did tell us that was the case.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh my god, i just realized who you are!

How's it going Mr. Fleischer? :)

zimv20
Jul 26, 2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by jbomber
Oh my god, i just realized who you are!

How's it going Mr. Fleischer? :)

please read the rules. insults are verboten.

Backtothemac
Jul 26, 2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by zimv20
please read the rules. insults are verboten.

I think he was kidding hence the :)

As for being Mr. Fliecher. I would love to be comparied to such a great American. :D

jbomber
Jul 26, 2003, 01:20 PM

As for being Mr. Fliecher. I would love to be comparied to such a great American. :D

Hahahaha. Yeah, i was kidding.

We're just having a spirited conversation.

Where's the level-o'-sensitivity control panel? Make one comment about the French and you're branded as a 'rabble rouser'.
:)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33241

BaghdadBob
Jul 26, 2003, 01:21 PM

I wouldn't want to be him. I would start throwing things at those press conferences. The guy is like steely, I don't know how he does it (did it).

Backtothemac
Jul 26, 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BaghdadBob
I wouldn't want to be him. I would start throwing things at those press conferences. The guy is like steely, I don't know how he does it (did it).

Yea, he was really good at what he did. I admire him a lot.

SPG
Jul 28, 2003, 12:56 AM
Yea, he was really good at what he did. I admire him a lot.

Yup, really good at lying.

zimv20
Jul 28, 2003, 01:01 AM
Yea, he was really good at what he did.

his job was to implement the administration's contempt for the press. he did that well. and i hated "him" for that.

"him" refers to the character he played in his job. it's possible he is a decent human being. i like to think his resignation is an indication of that.

BaghdadBob
Jul 28, 2003, 02:23 AM
I suppose we should all admire Clinton for doing it personally.

Most of the conferences I saw with "him" had reporters asking questions he quite simply could not answer. Considering their doggedness I think he handled it rather well.