PDA

View Full Version : Soft iPhone pouch - Awesome!

roland.g
Jul 16, 2007, 04:29 PM
I wanted a softcase for my pocket and found one based on a recommendation from another MR member. It is the foofpod bag from www.foofshop.com

I ordered and received my cases and they are great. The case is really soft in the inside, designed not to scratch the iPhone in any way, and they have a great soft texture on the outside. I am really glad that I got this and can now retire my Griffin Elan Snap-In Case and just use this. I actually put my iPhone in the case top down so that the speaker is pointed out the open end. I can pull it out of my pocket and slide it into my hand very quickly and easily. I highly recommend these. I had a soft suede case that came with my Nokia 8801 that I used for almost 2 years and that phone doesn't have any scratches to this day (stainless steel), which is why I wanted something like this. I would rather carry my phone in my pocket than on my belt and this works perfect.

I actually ordered two of these cases but only need one.
Edit - extra one sold.

scotty588
Jul 16, 2007, 04:40 PM
Would you mind posting some pictures?

roland.g
Jul 16, 2007, 05:08 PM
Would you mind posting some pictures?

79622 79623 79624

Red Sox
Jul 16, 2007, 10:21 PM
That is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for! Thanks.

Hey, I see that they're in Australia. Do they ship to the US for a reasonable price?

powerocool
Jul 16, 2007, 10:32 PM
mine was about $20 shipped. So not too bad at all.

I'm usually a big fan of these type of soft pouhes, but this one is a little too short for my liking. It's barely long enough to cover the edge, so sometimes it slipped off.

roland.g
Jul 17, 2007, 12:02 AM
mine was about $20 shipped. So not too bad at all.

I'm usually a big fan of these type of soft pouhes, but this one is a little too short for my liking. It's barely long enough to cover the edge, so sometimes it slipped off.

That's why my BSE is going on as well.

siurpeeman
Jul 17, 2007, 12:10 AM
is it a snug fit? would it be easy for the iphone to fall out?

roland.g
Jul 17, 2007, 12:50 AM
is it a snug fit? would it be easy for the iphone to fall out?

Just replied to your PM. No, it's not a real snug fit. It definitely slips in and out easily. Like I said I plan on putting my Bestskinsever total body on the back and bezel tomorrow while leaving my Crystal Film on the screen. The BSE supposedly gives more grip but not sure how that would affect it coming in and out of the case.

Ok I'm wrong. Just took the case of the plastic bag again to test it. This fabric is a bit different from the other one I have (which is corduroy). The corduroy case is looser and the phone really slides in and out, while this case is a Japanese cotton and it is definitely snugger. I can put the phone in and hold it by the bottom over my hand and it takes a little shake to get it to drop. But it also slides out a bit easier sometimes too. I'm sure with a BSE or IS it would be a more secure fit. I like the looseness of mine, while I do think the snug fit is nice I want to take it out of my pocket and slide it right into my hand when I need to answer it. And given the grip of the BSE, I'm sure I won't be worried about sliding it out and dropping it. Also like I said I put mine in speaker up so that I can hear it. Then I slide it into my hand bottom first. Of course I got these today, so I've had them all of 7 hours and it spent most of that time in my pocket.

Cavatina
Jul 20, 2007, 03:38 AM
I've got mine from istyles at http://www.istyles.com/iphone-iphone-sleeves-c-27_361_362.html and it was just $10. Shipping adds about $2+. This was the one I bought

http://www.istyles.com/images/SLV-LEAVESA.jpg

julric01
Jul 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger and order one of these - Ronand.g - how do you like the fabric selection you chose? I'd like to be able to slip it in my pocket and right now I'm using one of those rubber in-case things and it's a pain to put in and pull out of my pocket - always gets stuck.

I've looked at the Nami or Nami Aca (the red or green cotton) but it seems like the one you got would be a bit more silky. Also, it's hard to tell on the screen - is it more for a woman? I wanted the Hive Mind pattern, but they only have it for ipod nanos.

Thanks in advance.

roland.g
Jul 20, 2007, 05:36 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger and order one of these - Ronand.g - how do you like the fabric selection you chose? I'd like to be able to slip it in my pocket and right now I'm using one of those rubber in-case things and it's a pain to put in and pull out of my pocket - always gets stuck.

I've looked at the Nami or Nami Aca (the red or green cotton) but it seems like the one you got would be a bit more silky. Also, it's hard to tell on the screen - is it more for a woman? I wanted the Hive Mind pattern, but they only have it for ipod nanos.

Thanks in advance.

The Hive Mind was actually my first choice, but yes it was out, and they had it like a week before I ordered. The one that is pictured is actually the extra one that I got. I actually sold it to a MR forum member. I also got the Black as Night corduroy which slips in an out of my pocket fairly easily. It is also a bit looser than the Japanese cotton though that may vary on each one b/c of the handmade factor. I am glad mine was looser b/c last night I put on my www.bestskinsever.com full body skin and now it fits in and out real nicely. Sticks a little now and I actually have to give it a gentle shake to get it to slide out. I'll see over time if that is still the case, or if it gives more, but I doubt it as the BSE is tacky and gives it more grip. If you are worried about silkiness, you may want to go with a cotton over a corduroy or tweed. But no matter what you choose, it will be much easier to pull out of your pocket that a rubber incase. Of course the inside is quite silky so that they do slide in and out. Different fabric. If you want to know more about the slick factor of their fabrics, email them, they are real good about responding to questions, within a day, given the time difference.

I'll post pics later of my Black as Night and the BSE skin.

dominatrix
Jul 20, 2007, 06:34 PM
wow this thing is UGLY as hell.. looks cheap , cmon guys put your iphone on something more nice than that cheap thing. you guys pay 600U$ + tax on an iphone and put into these ugly socks argh.

mkrishnan
Jul 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
Foof's designs are gorgeous. I've never really needed the things they sell, but I'm really excited about hearing about someone else needing one and getting it. :)

julric01
Jul 20, 2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info - another question - did you like the pattern of the one you sold? It's probably my 2nd choice - just wondering if it's a bit too feminine for a guy.

I'm actually wanting something a bit more silky - I live in Houston and the thought of courderoy just makes me sweat. :)

I also just got my BSE and plan to get that baby on this weekend.

siurpeeman
Jul 20, 2007, 06:44 PM
it came today. thanks, roland.g! i haven't been impressed by or happy with any of the iphone cases i've seen. this is perfect. it fits well in my pocket. it goes in and comes out easily (but not too easily), and i get to use the iphone in its nekkid glory. :)