PDA

View Full Version : One plastic case better than others?

fbx
Jul 17, 2007, 04:59 AM
I've tried the leather Case-Mate case, the silicone case from Marware, and a couple others. I'm wondering which of the hard plastic cases is best, or if there is a nickel's worth of difference between them.

I don't want the Belkin clear plastic case because it is widely reported to cause massive scratching of the chrome "bezel" on the iPhone. Do the others do the same?

Thanks for all tips--

4ndr3w
Jul 17, 2007, 11:10 AM
How did you like the Marware one?

MyJelleo
Jul 17, 2007, 03:42 PM
I searched for a case for a long time, too. All the hard plastic cases are either too easily taken apart, making the chances of the iphone falling out by itself very high, or they leave too much wiggle room inside so that the iphone jiggles around in it, leading towards some early wear and tear.

As I continued my search, I found more cases that were just plain ugly or just made the iphone look like a toddler's toy.

In my opinion, the Case-Mate looks the most elegant -- it also uses high quality leather -- and it protects the iphone nicely with the addiction of a separately purchased screen protector from the apple store: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=B319498&nplm=TN612LL/A. If you want to impress women, use the case-mate. They probably won't be as impressed if you used a silicon based case, since it's the same material they use for breast implants; not as alluring.

coelacanth
Jul 17, 2007, 04:10 PM
I think if you really want to impress a woman, you'll have to go naked. (not yourself but the phone!!) I guess covering iPhone or any phone with a case is already geeky for some people, especially women.