PDA

View Full Version : iPod screen is cracked

plinkoman
Jul 23, 2003, 12:51 PM
this morning i was looking for my case so i turned on a light that was on an above shelf, and accidentally knocked down a glass candle holder that broke above my iPod. it still works fine, there is no damage to it except the big crack in the display :(

is there some loophole in the warrenty i can use, or how much do i have to pay for them to fix it. i just had to tap into my powerbook fund to buy a new $75 power supply because my old one burnt out, and i can't bare the thought of shelling another hundred or more :(

RichP
Jul 23, 2003, 01:31 PM
You mean the outer case screen is cracked, or is the LCD itself cracked too? I would think apple could repair it either way, although if the screen itself (LCD) is cracked it may not be cost effective to repair it vs. getting a new one.

plinkoman
Jul 23, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RichP
You mean the outer case screen is cracked, or is the LCD itself cracked too? I would think apple could repair it either way, although if the screen itself (LCD) is cracked it may not be cost effective to repair it vs. getting a new one.

the lcd itself is cracked, and what do you mean not cost effective v. getting a new one? how expensive would that be?

iJon
Jul 23, 2003, 04:43 PM
i sent you a private message, make sure you check it out.

iJon