Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys thought someone would know this as I am new to video. I am trying to import video from a real DVD movie. What is the best way to do this. I have iMovie and FCE. I am a newbie at this so is it even posssible. Thanks

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Hey guys thought someone would know this as I am new to video. I am trying to import video from a real DVD movie. What is the best way to do this. I have iMovie and FCE. I am a newbie at this so is it even posssible. Thanks

Well it is possible, just illegal.

If someone were to do that I would guess that they would rip the DVD using Mac the Ripper and then convert it to DV format using ffmpegX and then just import it in the normal way.

jonG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Well it is possible, just illegal.

If someone were to do that I would guess that they would rip the DVD using Mac the Ripper and then convert it to DV format using ffmpegX and then just import it in the normal way.

Thanks for the reply. I actually do have permission to do this for a company whose DVD is theirs. I am just slicing some clips together from their DVD so they can use at Events and such. Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.