PDA

View Full Version : ram vendors

bcleland
Jul 23, 2003, 04:13 PM
I am planning on incresing my ram on my power book. I was going to use crucial but owc has what seems the identical ram for 40 bucks less. Is OWC ram going to work ok?

bousozoku
Jul 23, 2003, 06:49 PM
I only buy OWC or TechWorks memory from OWC because of quality.

I can't imagine having problems but they have excellent customer service.

pseudobrit
Jul 23, 2003, 10:04 PM
I buy from www.transintl.com

jimthorn
Jul 24, 2003, 12:55 AM
I bought a 512MB module for my iBook from OWC a year ago and it's been great. I've told several friends to buy their RAM since, and no problems for them either.

BillyBunter
Jul 24, 2003, 03:26 PM
I just went to OWC to check their prices for memory for a 1GHz iMac. Their price seems to be great but I'm concerned since the memory they recommned is PC2700 at 333MHz whereas Apple and Crucial both sell PC2100 at 266MHz for the iMac. Does this make a difference? Am I getting a better deal from OWC?

MrMacMan
Jul 24, 2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BillyBunter
I just went to OWC to check their prices for memory for a 1GHz iMac. Their price seems to be great but I'm concerned since the memory they recommned is PC2700 at 333MHz whereas Apple and Crucial both sell PC2100 at 266MHz for the iMac. Does this make a difference? Am I getting a better deal from OWC?

The ram is just running faster then the CPU will allow, which means it will run at the highest speed allowed, it will decrease the ram's preformance by putting it in the iMac, but just to the level of the other ram.

tazo
Jul 24, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bcleland
I am planning on incresing my ram on my power book. I was going to use crucial but owc has what seems the identical ram for 40 bucks less. Is OWC ram going to work ok?

buy crucial. In my personal experience they seem to be more reliable.