PDA

View Full Version : IF money were no option for a BT headset... B&O, Jawbone, or Apple?

keithos27
Jul 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
Hey everyone. IF money were no option, what is the BEST bluetooth headset on the market for the iPhone (I know the Apple one isn't out yet).

I've read some great reviews on the Jawbone although there seem to be some complaints that the Jawbone does not isolate wind noise well, and that it does not fit some user's ears well (but that's a personal thing, not a technology thing).

I've read only a few comments on the Bang & Olufsen Earset 2 headset and it sounded like it's a great headset (even better than the Jawbone, no?) but just too epensive for most people.

I'm definitely intrigued by the Apple headset and know that no one can comment on it yet, as it has not been released but I like the size, charging dock and cable. It could be aesthetically pleasing but horrible in sound quality though so who knows.

So what is the end all be all BT headset out there right now??? Any cons to whichever the winner is (price aside)?

Thanks,
Keith

SteveM8
Jul 19, 2007, 10:46 AM
MOney no object then it would go to B&O - Amazing build quality and comfort. A little big but yo get used to it. The jawbone is great but a little flimsy and not always a good fit. The Apple should be OK, but not in the same league as the other two. Apple sound quality will be OK but not great. Same as their earbuds. Money no object? B&O by a mile.

sunday888
Jul 19, 2007, 11:06 AM
Jawbone. It just works. I've never been impressed by B&O. The Jawbone is well designed, not flimsy at all (somewhat the opposite, if anything), and delivers exactly what it promises.

QuarterSwede
Jul 19, 2007, 11:14 AM
Jawbone. It just works. I've never been impressed by B&O. The Jawbone is well designed, not flimsy at all (somewhat the opposite, if anything), and delivers exactly what it promises.
the only question I have about it is that it may work well for people you are talking to but can you even hear them with noise that is going on around you (one ear is still not covered)?

SteveM8
Jul 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
Correct, the person you are talking to will not hear much of the noise but you still will of course. Build quality of the jawbone is NOT that great. Most displays are busted and its a very light build as well. Fragile. Many users report breakage fairly easily.

Still I like the Jawbone as I like its look and sound quality. This is the one I would buy as I dont have an extra $350 to buy the B&O. BUT if I did, it would be the B&O. Ive worn and used both. Both are good and the Jawbone to me has a cool look. B&O has the build and sound quality advantage.

Cavatina
Jul 20, 2007, 03:44 AM
I've not tried the Jawbone but I've heard good stuff about it, other than the fact that it's massive in size. I'm using a Jabra JX10 and it works best out of all the headsets I've tried (there's a box of them somewhere in my house).

Have not tried the B&O yet as I don't run a mafia to earn that much. Is Apple's headset out already?

siurpeeman
Jul 20, 2007, 03:47 AM
if money really isn't a concern, why not buy all three and compare for yourself? this post might sound pointless, i'm sorry, but it's the best way to find out which headset would work for you. i've seen the jawbone, and i wouldn't buy one simply because of its size. it's a mammoth, and needing to carry that around kind of defeats, to me anyway, the point in having a wireless headset. i'd go with the apple, because it's small, and it comes with a dock.

bostonte
Jul 20, 2007, 06:09 AM
i havent used the B&O, but fell victim to the jawbone when it was first released. My first was defective (buttons didnt work) but easily exchanged.

I love it. Very comfortable to wear, very easy for your callers to hear you anywhere. Downside? I dont think the volume goes loud enough -- considering i can talk and be heard clearly on windy outside city streets, it should allow me to hear a little louder.

Also, it butchers almost any chance of one of those "say what prompt youd like" ivr lines from working, in my experience. The isolation tunnely sound is quickly forgotten by the human ear after someone hears you - but still too much for autorecognition.

It has replaced my 5 previous ones that i rarely used shortly after purchasing for one reason or another, and is on my head almost 5 hours a day (grrr to the person who invented cell phones for work).

I think its at least 6 months if not closer to a year of just throwing it my bag and taking no care at all, and no damage here.

Cavatina
Jul 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
if money really isn't a concern, why not buy all three and compare for yourself? this post might sound pointless, i'm sorry, but it's the best way to find out which headset would work for you.

That's so true as a bluetooth headset is something pretty personal. There is no such thing as the 'best' headset as different users go for different features.

If anyone's tired of the B&O, do send the love my way.

joony79
Jul 21, 2007, 09:37 PM
BeO? Give me a Break;;;
I went to the apple store SOHO and actually tried it on.
First impression? very cheap feeling compared to the price they charge you?
The earbuds do not fit the earhole very well. It was worse than my Motorola headset w/ my V3 I used to have.
The thing is so huge that it looks like you got two years on one side... seriously;;; I'd say NO to the BeO..