Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
My work got Adobe CS3 for basic design (Photoshop, Illustrator), but I've been starting to try out Dreamweaver. I've been wanting more than just the manual, so I started to look for books. I have basic knowledge of html and I used a few basic programs (Netscape Composer) back in college, but I want to delve deeper and learn CSS and all that.

On Amazon, the Dreamweaver CS3 Bible is highly rated but it seems too voluminous for my needs right now. I used the Photoshop Classroom in a Book a while back, and it was really helpful, so I looked at the Dreamweaver Classroom in a Book. It's rated 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon link.

So... does anybody have any experience with this book? Are there any others I should look into?

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/

That's a good starting place.

Computer books are expensive. Go to your local library and you can borrow them for free. :)

I only buy books once I've borrowed them and determined how much I actually use it (often they just sit on a table or shelf) or if it's highly recommended.

With dreamweaver, I prefer learning by doing.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I hand code everything, all my XHTML, XML, JS and so on. But business being as it is and having to juggle several clients at a time I understood that DW would be a huge benefit to me. So DWCS3 was my first look at it. I bought the Classroom In A Book(CIB) and it's really very helpful. I worked through it in a few days and now can confidently use DW. So yes I'd say if you're already familiar with coding the CIB will be beneficial to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.