Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakka092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
I'm in charge of a car club's website: http://www.jacksonrodandcustom.com and it is time for a redesign.
I am happy with the photo album, I use Jalbum for that. My main concern is easily updating the menu section on the right.. I definatley don't want frames due to the site being XHTML 1.0 Strict. And they are clunky and ugly as well. My web hosting plan won't support server side includes, so what are my options so that I won't have to painstakingly update every page.

I use an external style sheet, including %'eges for a fluid layout.

Oh, I do the coding in Notepad on XP and TextEdit on the Mac. I am only 15 too, so I can't afford Dreamweaver or Photoshop.

The color is a little blaze as well..

Don't be afraid to belt out the criticism. I can take it. Just let me know what I can do to improve it.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Wow. Quick updates across multiple pages, without DW or SSI. I assume that means no includes via PHP, .NET or CF either?

Hmmmmm...

I guess I'd probably opt for a text editor with a good multi-file find/replace feature. Try NoteTab Light (windows). I've only used the Pro version, but Light looks descent. The Pro version, if you're willing to pay for it, has color coding, which is nice. As are the clip bars.

Or, on Mac, check out TextWrangler.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.