Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
http://www.wotan.org/jailbreak11.zip

That's a link for a universal binary version of Jailbreak. Still need some help here though....It seems to be working fine this is what I get in the terminal:
username-mac:~/Desktop/iPhone goodies/tools username$ ./jailbreak
[jailbreak 1.0] by ziel w/ special thanks to GeoHot, iZsh, roxfan, Nightwatch and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew.

Looking for iPhone...
Sending Files...

*** If iTunes is running, please close it.
*** Hold the POWER and HOME buttons for approximately 25s.
*** Release when the display says 'Please Connect to iTunes'.

Then I reboot the phone into recovery mode (little yellow triangle appears)

I type in ./jailbreak in the terminal in hopes that it will start replacing files on my phone but the terminal reads this message:

Sending More Files...
Segmentation fault
username-mac:~/Desktop/iPhone goodies/tools username$

whats a segmentation fault? I need a fix ... java error? I'm running 10.4.10 ..that shouldn't be an issue I dont think.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007

That's a link for a universal binary version of Jailbreak. Still need some help here though....It seems to be working fine this is what I get in the terminal:

I type in ./jailbreak in the terminal in hopes that it will start replacing files on my phone but the terminal reads this message:

whats a segmentation fault? I need a fix ... java error? I'm running 10.4.10 ..that shouldn't be an issue I dont think.

go to the IRC and talk to the ppl in there... IRC Server: iphun.osx86.hu room.. #iphone they'll help u there!

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007

Segmentation faults mean you tried to access memory you don't have permission to access. This could be caused by trying to access a FREEd object or trying to access memory or io handles outside your program space.

I'm thinking since this program works on Intel Macs and not PPC Macs that CPU endian issues are coming into play. Intel / PPC chips place data in different byte orders and probably something isn't being properly coded to keep some data byte order neutral.

kkachurak

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, FL
I just tried this.

Got the same error.

I had to restore the phone. But when I did, it started downloading an iPhone Software Update. What does this mean?

HouseHeadNY

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2006
thats normal...

ive been trying to figure out how to get the universal to work too and keep getting the same segmentation fault, its normal, the person who did the universal version must have to tweek it to get it to work right, its almost there because you can connect and send files but not complete and it will not boot the iphone out of the force restore mode(yello exclamaion point) its suppose to boot the iphone automatically, if we can get it to that point wed be good, the universal version of iphone interface seems to work fine but cant run iphone interface unless you fully out of "jail" check out the forums over at iphonealley some real smart guys in there working on it already and im sure they'll post as soon as they get it all figures out! let them know your interested by registering for free and posting a requewst for a ppc version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.