Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
I am sitting in the airport right now going to Cali for the week. I bought a whole smurfbox setup with kb and mouse and the matching display for $5 on ebay. How do I get this back without being completely destroyed. I have come to the realization that I might have to give the monitor away to one of you who lives in LA.

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
Now im here in OC. Yes, a smurfbox is a powermac g3. Its the same color as a smurf. I really want to take this back. Does anyone here have any experience flying with a whole desktop setup, including a CRT?

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
Dump the CRT. I don't know about where you live, but here (in Portland) you can find CRTs on the street (or free on Craigslist). As for the smurfbox, a slightly larger box with towels and t-shirts stuffed around it should do nicely; as long as everything is seated properly, you should have no worries about damage.

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
I have plenty of CRTs at home. Its just that it is the matching cinema display. It just looks really good as a set. Towels and a box were a good idea. I just can't rationalize spending a lot of money doing this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.