PDA

View Full Version : First Test Tube Baby Turns 25

Mr. Anderson
Jul 25, 2003, 08:40 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/parenting/07/25/ivf.anniversary/index.html

I remember all the controversy at the time - ethical reasons aside, its become a huge business today. I just hope we don't become so reliant on technology that the only way to have children will be through science.....

D

eyelikeart
Jul 25, 2003, 08:45 AM
Well happy birthday to her... :)

As for harvesting babies in the future, reminds me of the Matrix. Does anyone think it'll ever come to a point where labs have rows of fetuses with eager parents awaiting their soon-to-be child's "birth?"

irmongoose
Jul 25, 2003, 09:16 AM
THAT woman is 25!? Maybe test-tube babies aren't such a good idea...

irmongoose

Mr. Anderson
Jul 25, 2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by irmongoose

After seeing the pic myself I was a little surprised, not what you'd expect, eh?

But instead of having someone *special*, she's actually normal - and after thinking about it is even better.

D

wdlove
Jul 25, 2003, 11:13 AM
Happy B-Day Elizabeth Joy Brown. The cost would remove it as an option for many. It's OK as long as my health insurance or taxes are not used for this purpose. I think that if someone wants to use IVF, the cost should come out of their pocket.

Just saw an article in our paper today the Health Insurance premuims to rise up to 16% January 2004. The majority of that rise is due to greed, reasonable price increases should nerver be more than inflation. If prices go up much more than that, IMHO it's mainly for incrased profit margins!

bennetsaysargh
Jul 25, 2003, 02:10 PM
happy birthday to her, and good for her that she is leading a normal life:)

NavyIntel007
Jul 25, 2003, 07:35 PM
I know a girl who's 21 that was a test tube baby... or at least she says.

alset
Jul 26, 2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/parenting/07/25/ivf.anniversary/index.html

I remember all the controversy at the time - ethical reasons aside, its become a huge business today. I just hope we don't become so reliant on technology that the only way to have children will be through science.....

D

"Brave New World"

jbomber
Jul 26, 2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by irmongoose

irmongoose

whoa. pic's a little weird. she does look a bit old for 25.

Imagine for a sec that she looked like a supermodel. People would be knocking down clinic doors to have test-tube babies.

Incidentally the bottom would drop out of the black-market baby trade.

Why am I saying all this? It's late....