PDA

View Full Version : Personal Stamps

Mr. Anderson
Jul 25, 2003, 09:23 AM
I know that in England you can have your own stamps made up - very cool idea. But it looks like the US might be doing it soon as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/07/24/postal.future.ap/index.html

Can't wait to try this out. I know my wife is going really enjoy it.

D :D

eyelikeart
Jul 25, 2003, 09:43 AM
This could be a great tool for my agency in the future! :D

talk about self-promotion... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 25, 2003, 09:51 AM
Exactly - its such an easy way to get fun stamps. Although collecting stamps would change - there would be so many more new types - and what if real artists started making their own? You could just imagine how people would want those :D

It could actually create a snail-mail revival of sorts...

D

eyelikeart
Jul 25, 2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson It could actually create a snail-mail revival of sorts...

That's the thing...it almost leads me to believe this was done with the ulterior motive to create a revival...knowing businesses would capitalize on it. ;)

wdlove
Jul 25, 2003, 11:06 AM
I can see that it would be a good advertising tool. For personal use I have no interest, I'm not that vane.

Mr. Anderson
Jul 25, 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by wdlove
For personal use I have no interest, I'm not that vane.

Think about all the people who'll put pictures of their kids and pets.

And I'll end up using one of my house, most likely, probably the dog or cat too. Its not about vanity, its about doing something fun and different that has a personal touch.

wdlove
Jul 25, 2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Think about all the people who'll put pictures of their kids and pets.

And I'll end up using one of my house, most likely, probably the dog or cat too. Its not about vanity, its about doing something fun and different that has a personal touch.

I hope that you don't take it personally Mr. Anderson. It's find for those that have the interest to do this for fun. This could become a big income producing campaign for the Post Office.

medea
Jul 25, 2003, 01:18 PM
well I doubt I would use the service personally, maybe for future business uses though it would be a great marketing tool. It definitely could generate some (apparently) much need income for the postal service, and perhaps would delay the price of stamps rising again soon.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 25, 2003, 02:08 PM
that will bring in money.
artists will make money off of thier stamps. advertisment will be a big part of this.
i can finally have real Elvis stamps!

Mr. Anderson
Jul 25, 2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i can finally have real Elvis stamps!

It could be a whole new movement - tons of people designing their own stamps and then collecting as many as they can.

Contests for themes, etc. It should be very cool.

D

P-Worm
Jul 25, 2003, 03:20 PM
That's funny, I might make some advertising my website.

P-Worm

jbomber
Jul 25, 2003, 05:10 PM
NICE!

I'm all for it! I'm going to start designing them now. :)

It would totally help revive the floundering postal system.

wdlove
Jul 25, 2003, 07:31 PM
That is what I could see as most important, increased income for the Postal Service. Anything that will keep from postal increases is good. As MR. Anderson mentioned stamp collecting is fun. Maybe this would also boost morale at the Postal Service!

tazo
Jul 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
hmmm...then i wonder if then you could be sued by a company for using their logo. apple stamps anyone?

jbomber
Jul 26, 2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by tazo
hmmm...then i wonder if then you could be sued by a company for using their logo. apple stamps anyone?

hrmmm..... logistics raises it's ugly little head. in order for this to make financial sense, the postal service will probably have to charge a bulk rate or something. you may have to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stamps for them to accept your design. And even then they'd probably have to have a pretty rigorous screening process. :(

pivo6
Jul 26, 2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by tazo

The article mentions that you need to own the copyright of the image you are using. So a picture of an apple is ok, while the Apple logo is not.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 26, 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by pivo6
The article mentions that you need to own the copyright of the image you are using. So a picture of an apple is ok, while the Apple logo is not.

ok then. let's see who can make the best apple logo knock-off!
lol:p