Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Exactly - its such an easy way to get fun stamps. Although collecting stamps would change - there would be so many more new types - and what if real artists started making their own? You could just imagine how people would want those :D

It could actually create a snail-mail revival of sorts...

D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson It could actually create a snail-mail revival of sorts...

That's the thing...it almost leads me to believe this was done with the ulterior motive to create a revival...knowing businesses would capitalize on it. ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I can see that it would be a good advertising tool. For personal use I have no interest, I'm not that vane.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by wdlove
For personal use I have no interest, I'm not that vane.

Think about all the people who'll put pictures of their kids and pets.

And I'll end up using one of my house, most likely, probably the dog or cat too. Its not about vanity, its about doing something fun and different that has a personal touch.

D :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Think about all the people who'll put pictures of their kids and pets.

And I'll end up using one of my house, most likely, probably the dog or cat too. Its not about vanity, its about doing something fun and different that has a personal touch.

D :D

I hope that you don't take it personally Mr. Anderson. It's find for those that have the interest to do this for fun. This could become a big income producing campaign for the Post Office.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
well I doubt I would use the service personally, maybe for future business uses though it would be a great marketing tool. It definitely could generate some (apparently) much need income for the postal service, and perhaps would delay the price of stamps rising again soon.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
that will bring in money.
artists will make money off of thier stamps. advertisment will be a big part of this.
i can finally have real Elvis stamps!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i can finally have real Elvis stamps!

It could be a whole new movement - tons of people designing their own stamps and then collecting as many as they can.

Contests for themes, etc. It should be very cool.

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is what I could see as most important, increased income for the Postal Service. Anything that will keep from postal increases is good. As MR. Anderson mentioned stamp collecting is fun. Maybe this would also boost morale at the Postal Service!

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
Originally posted by tazo
hmmm...then i wonder if then you could be sued by a company for using their logo. apple stamps anyone?

hrmmm..... logistics raises it's ugly little head. in order for this to make financial sense, the postal service will probably have to charge a bulk rate or something. you may have to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stamps for them to accept your design. And even then they'd probably have to have a pretty rigorous screening process. :(

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Originally posted by tazo
hmmm...then i wonder if then you could be sued by a company for using their logo. apple stamps anyone?

The article mentions that you need to own the copyright of the image you are using. So a picture of an apple is ok, while the Apple logo is not.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by pivo6
The article mentions that you need to own the copyright of the image you are using. So a picture of an apple is ok, while the Apple logo is not.

ok then. let's see who can make the best apple logo knock-off!
lol:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.