Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skystar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
For now, My iPhone is naked. I like how it's always ready to dock, and how it slips into my tmobile dash holster perfectly. Has anyone tried any of the vinyl decal skins that are starting to pop up? Some of the designs are interesting but I would probably go with a solid color:

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,249.htm

I think it's cool how they make the wallpaper coordinate with the skin. Has anyone got to try any of these yet? I also see them on eBay, and I saw a red one in the marketplace. Thanks

cmschmidt

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I haven't used the iphone ones but I did get a skin from decalgirl for my psp and it was great. good quality, and pretty easy to install. looked good too.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Are these applied by a sticky type substance, or do you need to follow similar steps as BSE.

Hipnomac

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Chicago
These covers are awesome, and they were easy to put on. Check out my skullbook. the stickers i put on after, (thanks beck).

*photo's taken with iphone

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    443.8 KB · Views: 377

presto619

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
SanDiego
i designed a custom skin from uniqueskins.com for 6.93 total w/ promo code: 25off. initially i wanted to get one made via decalgirls but they could not complete my request.

"We would love to accommodate you and others that have submitted great ideas however we cannot legally reproduce copyrighted images like this. Sports or corporate logos, game characters, t-shirt designs, and other public images require a license to reproduce that we do not own."

WEAK SAUCE!!

i dont know if uniqueskins is any good but for a custom skin under $7 TOTAL im willing to take a chance.

should be receiving order today :D

if you want a skin that covers more of the back but costs about $20 check out http://www.skinit.com/loadCustomizer.php

im pretty sure you could knock off a few bucks if you google some skinit promo codes

mikelewis123

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2009
I got a custom skin for my HTC Tilt last month. it looks amazing and has given my phone a new dramatic look. The skin also leaves no residue which is the most important concern for all. It protects my phone better than any other skin I ever tried. I got it from Unique Skins

gg4

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
MD
Wow, I haven't even considered putting a skin on my mbp... I wonder how hard it is to apply these to laptops...

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
If you truly want to customise your laptop or iPhone I say try MyTego.

I'm still waiting for my skin so I can't say whether or not there's issues but the main factor that attracted to me to them was the freedom to personalise the design.

There's some examples on Flickr & this is how to apply the skins on YouTube.

Here is another vote for mytego. As I read this thread, I was going to mention it and then go to the last post, where it was cited.

I haven't tried it on an iPhone, but on my Nokia cell phones it worked great, and those are more complex to accommodate.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I have a Gelaskins skin on my 3GS and a DecalGirl skin on my 3G. I really like them since it keeps my iPhone from getting scratched up when I set them down on a table and they add virtually no bulk so my iPhone is still very easy to pocket. The only negative is that my iPhone no longer fits into fitted hard cases like the Incase Slider, but I can still use the various rubber/silicone cases I have when needed.

I reviewed the DecalGirl skin for my site and am working on reviewing the Gelaskins one now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.