PDA

View Full Version : Apple Q3 2007 Financial Results on July 25, 2007

MacRumors
Jul 23, 2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Apple will be webcasting (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/earningsq307/) a discussion of their Q3 2007 Financial Results on Wednesday, July 25, 2007. As usual, the following disclaimer is given:

Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple’s SEC filings.

The conference call begins at 2pm PT, 5pm ET.

Apple's 3rd financial quarter of 2007 began on April 1st and ended on June 30, 2007. While the iPhone was only on sale for 2 days during the quarter and those revenues will be spread over 24 months according to Apple's subscription based accounting system (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/04/25/apple-iphone-and-apple-tv-applications-and-updates-to-come/) for iPhone and Apple TV, analysts believe strong Mac sales will lead to expectation-beating results (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/07/23/analyst_warns_of_stock_volatility_around_apple_earnings.html) (via AppleInsider's analyst coverage).

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/23/apple-q3-2007-financial-results-on-july-25-2007/)

Grimace
Jul 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
how the heck is the AppleTV spread over 24 months too? There is no contract, it's a completely separate product. :rolleyes:

EDIT: huh, I guess that was an internal accounting shift from Apple. A subscription-based accounting scheme would imply something is in the pipeline for the AppleTV...

Peace
Jul 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
how the heck is the AppleTV spread over 24 months too? There is no contract, it's a completely separate product. :rolleyes:

EDIT: huh, I guess that was an internal accounting shift from Apple. A subscription-based accounting scheme would imply something is in the pipeline for the AppleTV...

Might be because the :apple:TV and iPhone are a different part of Apple,Inc. apart from the computers accountingwise.

gnasher729
Jul 23, 2007, 12:31 PM

It mostly means Apple has the right to add functionality to existing AppleTVs without having to jump through ridiculous hoops like the $1.99 WiFi upgrade.

ajhill
Jul 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
Well, on Wednesday we should get the answers to three important questions:

1. How much does Apple get out of every monthly bill?

2. How many iPhones were sold?

3. How did the rest of the profit centers do during the quarter and was there a halo effect? I.e. was there significant erosion to the iPod market. If there wasn't, watch out. AAPL goes higher. :)

TheSlush
Jul 23, 2007, 12:34 PM
A subscription-based accounting scheme would imply something is in the pipeline for the AppleTV...

Netflix-like movie rental subscriptions, perhaps? :)

sruthmann
Jul 23, 2007, 12:37 PM

AppleTV is about to get movie rentals!!!

Squonk
Jul 23, 2007, 12:39 PM

Wouldn't that be nice! Are you speculating or are you SAYING there will be? :)

Dany M
Jul 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
Does anyone think this is going to be MORE then a financial conference....? ;)

Have they ever done this before...?

Squonk
Jul 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
Does anyone think this is going to be MORE then a financial conference....? ;)

Have they ever done this before...?

No.
Nope.
Just the facts (& figures) ;):p:cool:

IJ Reilly
Jul 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
1. How much does Apple get out of every monthly bill?

2. How many iPhones were sold?

Probably we're not going to get the answer to either of these questions. For one, the iPhone was released on the next to the last day of the quarter, and for another, I don't think Apple will ever reveal the inner-workings of their relationship with AT&T.

P-Worm
Jul 23, 2007, 12:57 PM
Probably we're not going to get the answer to either of these questions. For one, the iPhone was released on the next to the last day of the quarter, and for another, I don't think Apple will ever reveal the inner-workings of their relationship with AT&T.

I could see it going either way. I don't believe that they will talk about how much they make on monthly fees or anything that involves AT&T, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced how many iPhones they have sold.

P-Worm

Teddy's
Jul 23, 2007, 01:00 PM

Meh, another thing that Canadians won't get until 2020...

Rocketman
Jul 23, 2007, 01:07 PM
Let's do some quick math.

2 days of iPhone sales and the related service contracts. Let's assume 500,000 iPhones. In the future, the actual figure might be less speculative, maybe even 700,000 based on AT&T's statement about over a million activations.About 2/3 of the phones at 8gb and 1/3 at 4gb, again speculative. Something like 1/2 existing AT&T customers and 1/2 new. Again speculating Apple gets $5 a month for existing and $11 for new.

167,000 4GB iPhones @ $500 @ 1/24 $3,479,166
333,000 8GB iPhones @ $600 @ 1/24 $8,325,000
250,000 ATT activations @ $5.00 $1,250,000
250,000 new activations @ 11.00 $2,750,000

Further assume a 100% margin on fees and a 50% margin on hardware sales.

Remember these are monthly figures so next quarter will have three times these values from sales from those two days alone.

Not bad for a couple of days :)

Rocketman

TPALTony
Jul 23, 2007, 01:13 PM
It mostly means Apple has the right to add functionality to existing AppleTVs without having to jump through ridiculous hoops like the $1.99 WiFi upgrade.

The right to add software features already exists in US GAAP. Macs are not accounted for over 24 months, neither are copies of Tiger. The problem with the 802.11n thing was that the HARDWARE was not what it was "sold" with. The spec sheet listed 802.11G, so to add N ability they have to account for it.

They could add software features (within the general remit of the original purpose) to Apple TV without having to play accounting games. But if they are going to add movie rentals etc. they might have to account for it differently.

Of course, accounting for it over 24 months also lets them show a large net loss on apple TV due to the R&D costs of the device which has it's accounting purposes too in terms of deferred taxes etc.

Also, under GAAP they aren't required to disclose WHY they choose to account for things a certain way, so I doubt we'll get any insight into this during the call...

t

IJ Reilly
Jul 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
I could see it going either way. I don't believe that they will talk about how much they make on monthly fees or anything that involves AT&T, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced how many iPhones they have sold.

P-Worm

It could happen but of course Apple could make that announcement at any time. In the past, they've generally sent out special press releases to tout sales milestones. On the earnings announcements they usually stick pretty close to the required disclosures and refuse to answer most other questions.

fastbite
Jul 23, 2007, 01:37 PM

P-Worm

I agree, they will not mention how much they get from AT&T, no way. And they will mention the number of iphones sold, IF the number is good. And of course I bet it is. :)

BKF
Jul 23, 2007, 01:44 PM
Interesting piece on Apple iPhone accounting and other aspects of the earnings report here:

http://blogs.business2.com/apple/2007/07/apples-third-qu.html

dernhelm
Jul 23, 2007, 02:06 PM
Will Apple indicate the total number of iPhones sold to date? If so what will the number be?

My guess is no, they will not tell the exact number of iPhones sold to date. They will however indicate that more than 700,000 iPhones were sold in those 48 hours in June, that they surpassed 1,000,000 already and that they are "tracking well" towards 3,000,000 by the end of Sept.

My $0.02.

mathwhiz90601
Jul 23, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm thinking that this might not be your ordinary investor report. I think there'll be .....

NEW PRODUCTS! :D:D:D

iMac revised, mac Mini revised... awesome!

The timing is right and they sorely need a revision.

Rocketman
Jul 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking that this might not be your ordinary investor report. I think there'll be .....

The only "new product" that might be announced is a stock split.

Rocketman

Tampa Tom
Jul 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
All I can say is I'm SO happy I "gambled" (as my father said) with my share of my grandparents estate and bought 1000 Apple shares last July. My $53,000 is now worth $143,000.

PS. I'm selling before the conference call.

twoodcc
Jul 23, 2007, 02:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

looking forward to hearing some good news

aafuss1
Jul 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
I want to know if there'll be a question regarding the status of iLife and iWork updates?

ElvisNixon
Jul 23, 2007, 03:14 PM
TheStreet.com is reporting ATT is paying Apple between $150-200 per phone and $9 per month. If true cha-ching for Apple!

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techtelecom/10369581.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Yankees 4 Life
Jul 23, 2007, 03:29 PM
All I can say is I'm SO happy I "gambled" (as my father said) with my share of my grandparents estate and bought 1000 Apple shares last July. My $53,000 is now worth $143,000.

hey tampa tom, if i were you, i'd keep em, because i can bet they will split very very soon

neilw
Jul 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
TheStreet.com is reporting ATT is paying Apple between $150-200 per phone and $9 per month. If true cha-ching for Apple!

If that report is accurate, the numbers are mind-boggling. Just for the $9/month, 10 million iPhones (which looks pretty easily achieved right now) will generate over $2 billion additional pure profit on top of normal margins and that supposed one-time bounty. That's nuts, in a good way (for Apple).

I actually think that may be part of the reason they chose to account for the iPhone over 24 months, since it enables them to hide those numbers.

The iPhone is looking like grand-slam for Apple right now. If they can push through a steady stream of functionality-enhancing software updates, and get the 3G version going, they've got a heck of a franchise in the works.

Peace
Jul 23, 2007, 04:06 PM

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techtelecom/10369581.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Part of that doesn't make any sense.If AT&T is paying Apple $150-200 per phone and it costs Apple $150-200 to make I can't see how Apple is making a bounty.

BTW
Jul 23, 2007, 04:30 PM

I'd bet Apple would annouce a product either tomorrow, the Tuesday before the financial update, or the following Tuesday to maximize media exposure. A few rumor site peg August 7th for new iMacs which is perfectly good too. :)

ElvisNixon
Jul 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
Part of that doesn't make any sense.If AT&T is paying Apple $150-200 per phone and it costs Apple $150-200 to make I can't see how Apple is making a bounty.

It's a $200 commission or "bounty" paid to Apple by AT&T in addition to the reported 55% profit margin Apple is making on the iPhone. So Apple is making nearly $500 on each phone sold plus the $9 a month.

kskill
Jul 23, 2007, 05:40 PM
tomorrow seems like an awesome day to buy aapl

SPUY767
Jul 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
My stock = Up on thursday.

hooch
Jul 23, 2007, 05:58 PM

Wow, I can see why Verizon and others rejected the deal.

Yankees 4 Life
Jul 23, 2007, 06:24 PM
Wow, I can see why Verizon and others rejected the deal.

i can too, but still, att is getting a boatload of money from subscriptions.... vzn is a complete idiot for saying no

tmornini
Jul 23, 2007, 07:41 PM

Congrats on a good buy.

Remember, it's not all or nothing!

Don't sell it all, that's just bad trading, i.e. speculation or gambling -vs- investing.

Why not sell $106,000 of it? That guarantees you a doubling, and keeps you in the game should the stock rally after the earnings report.

And, if the stock goes down, you can buy back in at a discount -vs- current.

The online good time to sell it all, short of 100% certain insider information that something bad is about to happen, would be if you think the stock is headed down for good. Anything else is gambling.

tmornini
Jul 23, 2007, 07:47 PM
It's a $200 commission or "bounty" paid to Apple by AT&T in addition to the reported 55% profit margin Apple is making on the iPhone. So Apple is making nearly $500 on each phone sold plus the $9 a month.

I do hope everyone realizes that those are closer to gross profit margins, not net, which is how most people think, i.e. the bottom line.

The reports were about parts costs. On top of those costs, you have manufacturing, shipping, advertising, development, etc. *and* discounts to resellers (AT&T). The ones sold at the Apple stores will certainly bring Apple higher margins, but even then I'm certain that the stores "buy" the product internally at a discount -vs- the retail cost. This allows Apple to separate the profitability of the retain stores -vs- the company as a whole.

Many low volume manufactured items sell for 300-500% manufactured cost, so 55% on parts alone is actually quite low. Of course, this will not be a low volume item. It really shows that Apple is rather efficient! If the parts cost 55%, and the net margins are around 22% (typical for the company), then all soft costs add up to 33% of purchased price.

Now, the ongoing subscription revenues and bounty structure could provide significant upside -vs- the traditional one time purchase model that Apple has always had. I cannot wait to hear earnings reports for the next several quarters to see how much upside AAPL will see.

scu
Jul 23, 2007, 09:15 PM

If I were you I would buy more instead of selling. Sure the stock might pull back 5% but you can not time when and how much.

In July of nexty year you will be amazed to see you $143,000 investment balloon to $286,000:)

ImAlwaysRight
Jul 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
If I were you I would buy more instead of selling. Sure the stock might pull back 5% but you can not time when and how much.

In July of nexty year you will be amazed to see you $143,000 investment balloon to $286,000:)

Since you are so confident of the future for Apple stock, I expect you to invest all your money in Apple stock. :rolleyes:

CalBoy
Jul 24, 2007, 12:02 AM
I do hope everyone realizes that those are closer to gross profit margins, not net, which is how most people think, i.e. the bottom line.

The reports were about parts costs. On top of those costs, you have manufacturing, shipping, advertising, development, etc. *and* discounts to resellers (AT&T). The ones sold at the Apple stores will certainly bring Apple higher margins, but even then I'm certain that the stores "buy" the product internally at a discount -vs- the retail cost. This allows Apple to separate the profitability of the retain stores -vs- the company as a whole.

Many low volume manufactured items sell for 300-500% manufactured cost, so 55% on parts alone is actually quite low. Of course, this will not be a low volume item. It really shows that Apple is rather efficient! If the parts cost 55%, and the net margins are around 22% (typical for the company), then all soft costs add up to 33% of purchased price.

Now, the ongoing subscription revenues and bounty structure could provide significant upside -vs- the traditional one time purchase model that Apple has always had. I cannot wait to hear earnings reports for the next several quarters to see how much upside AAPL will see.

I don't think it costs Apple much to produce the iPhone: components, labor, marketing, and everything else could perhaps add up to $200. For Apple, it's a huge profit maker. $300-400 raw profit on the phone, and then an additional $150 from ATT. After that, the $9 monthly fee gives Apple even better revenue. 700,000 units equals $6.3 million every month: not bad at all.

scu
Jul 24, 2007, 12:19 AM
Since you are so confident of the future for Apple stock, I expect you to invest all your money in Apple stock. :rolleyes:
You bet.:D

100% all in since 2004. Keep buying on margin on a weekly and sometime daily basis.

Sure its risky but since I plan on holding for at least 10 years who cares if it goes down. When it went from 86 to $50 last year I was not crying even though I had a margin call. I sold and bought right back and now own enough to pay off my house. I will retire in 10 years just from aapl stock.

Apple is a great company with a great future.:)

This quarter will surprise many just like last quarter. Aapl is still on sale so buy while you can. In one year when it is around $250 it will still be cheap but not as cheap as today.

CalBoy
Jul 24, 2007, 12:21 AM
You bet.:D

100% all in since 2004. Keep buying on margin on a weekly and sometime daily basis.

Sure its risky but since I plan on holding for at least 10 years who cares if it goes down. When it went from 86 to $50 last year I was not crying even though I had a margin call. I sold and bough right back and now enough to pay off my house.

Apple is a great company with a great future.:)

Still, you have other savings right? It isn't wise to put all your eggs in one basket, even if it is an Apple basket.

scu
Jul 24, 2007, 12:41 AM
Still, you have other savings right? It isn't wise to put all your eggs in one basket, even if it is an Apple basket.

I have all my eggs in one basket. Every single one of them. In three years I will have $500K on margin alone.

I can lose it all if Apple goes under when California goes into the sea after an earthquake. In the mean time I will laugh all the way to the bank.

The stock will go down. But one must be patient. Had I followed my own advise 6 years ago I might be retiring today.

ajhill
Jul 24, 2007, 03:01 AM
tomorrow seems like an awesome day to buy aapl

No, yesterday (Monday was the day to buy, when that BS security story dipped the price by $2.30, before the share recovered.)

In after hours trading the shares traded up $.47 But if this pans out AAPL should be good for another $10 of upside to $155-160 range. This would be huge it true. And to think I almost sold a huge part of my long position to buy some downside protection. Now it's looking like that might not be necessary.

Good night to be long AAPL :):):)

ajhill
Jul 24, 2007, 03:05 AM
I have all my eggs in one basket. Every single one of them. In three years I will have $500K on margin alone.

I can lose it all if Apple goes under when California goes into the sea after an earthquake. In the mean time I will laugh all the way to the bank.

The stock will go down. But one must be patient. Had I followed my own advise 6 years ago I might be retiring today.

You might want to look into some far out of the money leaps to protect you AAPL position. I too am bullish Apple for the next few years. About the only thing that could tank the stock would be if Steve Jobs gets ill again. Knock on wood, perish the thought.

We need Steve for the next 30 years of Apple Inc. Just think what cool products they will be delivering in 2037. "One never knows!" Steve Jobs' response to whether Apple would be offering HD movie rentals on the AppleTV, he simply said, "One never knows!" I took that to be a YES. Or at the very least "We're working on it"

Phormic
Jul 24, 2007, 05:59 AM

So Peter Oppenheimer is donning the black turtleneck and jeans?

"And so concludes our report on our company tax for this quarter but (places finger tips together)...there is just one more thing."

Ah yes I can see it now.

HobeSoundDarryl
Jul 24, 2007, 08:30 AM
I don't see it posted anywhere else, though I do see speculations of sales of 700K iphones in the first 2 days, but an article at CNNmoney has AT&T owning up to activating 146K phones in the first 2 days of launch.

Now activations is not units sold, and there were problems getting activated, but it's good to have a solid (non-speculative) number for a change. Here's the story...

http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/24/news/companies/bc.at.t.results.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

It also says that greater than 40% were new customers to AT&T.

scu
Jul 24, 2007, 09:04 AM
I don't see it posted anywhere else, though I do see speculations of sales of 700K iphones in the first 2 days, but an article at CNNmoney has AT&T owning up to activating 146K phones in the first 2 days of launch.

Now activations is not units sold, and there were problems getting activated, but it's good to have a solid (non-speculative) number for a change. Here's the story...

http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/24/news/companies/bc.at.t.results.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

It also says that greater than 40% were new customers to AT&T.

Apple is down almost 5%. Good day to buy for those who have the cash.

We might see a further correction in AH after earnings if iPhone sales are confirmed well below what the street expected.

Strap in it will be a bumpy ride the next few days.:)

stagi
Jul 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
146,000 is pretty weak, with all of the buzz the phone had analysts were expecting anywhere from 250,000 to 700,000. I think AAPL will be taking a beating the next few days, time to sell part off and take a nice profit :)

IJ Reilly
Jul 24, 2007, 10:24 AM

You don't have to be a professional money manager to know that this is a very, very bad idea. And I'm speaking as someone who's held AAPL for ten years. My portfolio is now terribly lopsided as a result, but my basis is also extremely low (about $5/share) so the risk is essentially all on paper. Still I recognize my need to diversify so I am thinking about some stop-loss orders. Margin calls can kill you overnight, my friend. Easily.

Ugg
Jul 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
ATT has been pushing its broadband TV access lately, perhaps it's a tie in with that that would create a subscription income for Apple TV.

Personally, I hope it's a rental system. I'd gladly pay a little beyond what Netflix charges as long as their international offering is just as large.

Black Belt
Jul 24, 2007, 02:38 PM
We need Steve for the next 30 years of Apple Inc. Just think what cool products they will be delivering in 2037. "One never knows!" Steve Jobs' response to whether Apple would be offering HD movie rentals on the AppleTV, he simply said, "One never knows!" I took that to be a YES. Or at the very least "We're working on it"

It certainly is better than Sculley and Amelio! HD on Apple TV? It needs to deliver 1080p first.

Ugg
Jul 24, 2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/24/BUG94R63P76.DTL

(07-24) 11:19 PDT -- Apple Inc. shares fell as much as 5 percent Tuesday after AT&T said it activated 146,000 iPhones during the first few days of the highly-anticipated product's launch, far less than Wall Street's initial sales estimates.
AT&T, the only cell phone operator to carry the iPhone, revealed the iPhone activation figures in its earnings report Tuesday. The telecom giant said that of the 146,000 iPhone customers signed in the first two days of the product's existence, more than 40 percent of them were new subscribers.
But Wall Street analysts had estimated that Apple and AT&T had sold as many as 700,000 iPhones during the first weekend. The iPhone hit stores at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 29. Both AT&T and Apple's quarters ended June 30.

Montserrat
Jul 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
What do you think the chances of more iTunes Plus labels being announced. I was browsing iTunes earlier - specifically Epiphanie by Para One, I clicked 'more' on the comment that was there and the tracks suddenly had the + icon next to them. I've checked and Institubes doesn't appear as one of EMI's labels on the wikipedia page, so maybe an announcement - though perhaps not a great shock...

Grimace
Jul 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
Announcements aren't really made at quarterly conference calls. They are usually an explanation of sales and profits figures from the previous 3 months.

Montserrat
Jul 24, 2007, 05:31 PM
Announcements aren't really made at quarterly conference calls. They are usually an explanation of sales and profits figures from the previous 3 months.

True - although adding a few labels might not warrant a separate announcement - thought they might offer a breakdown of current iTunes Plus sales followed by a quick note on new independent labels that are joining. Maybe just wishful thinking as most of the music I buy is on independent labels and I'm loving the ability to remix and Dj with iTunes music, but hating that it's only (some of) EMI's music. New labels can't come soon enough!

natasha69
Jul 24, 2007, 06:12 PM
let me rephrase what ATT said -

in the first 30 hours of the weekend, excluding all of sunday, 147,000 iphones were activated.

from this we know that at least 147,000 iphones sold that weekend.
we do not know how many sold on sunday.
we do not know how many sold online - ummm...i didn't have time to stand in that line nor did i want to
we know ATT downplayed the activation problems - 2% had to wait a few days, but i'm sure a huge majority were delayed at least until sunday early morning hours (1AM/2AM/etc)
who cares about ebay/craigslist - see top 3 on this list

i think the street overreacted. i wonder how many phones were sold that weekend. i'll give you a hint - its more than 147k. =)

IJ Reilly
Jul 24, 2007, 07:27 PM
Obviously, it had to be at minimum of 147,000 sales in that time period. Still, even if this number tripled it would be less than many analysts were forecasting for the first weekend.

Sure, the markets overreacted. The markets always overreact. It's what markets do.

scu
Jul 24, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well aapl had a little hiccup today. On paper I lost about 16K
This is where one needs to be patient and not panic.

It will rebound on Thursday after earnings. The story is still iPods and Macs for now. The iPhone is huge and there is no need to for apple to really tells all the details we want. They will keep the competition guessing.

natasha69
Jul 24, 2007, 08:42 PM
i will smile if i just hear mr. jobs say,

"oh, and one more thing..."

one can dream.

chrissurra
Jul 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
AAPL is now a huge play tomorrow.

IJ Reilly
Jul 24, 2007, 11:44 PM

It will rebound on Thursday after earnings. The story is still iPods and Macs for now. The iPhone is huge and there is no need to for apple to really tells all the details we want. They will keep the competition guessing.

So you know something we don't?

CalBoy
Jul 25, 2007, 12:24 AM

Suppose Thursday brings another loss, perhaps as large as $5 per share. What then? You will lose another 15k right? See why putting all your eggs in one basket isn't the best thing to do? Diversify your investments. It's better for the long run.

mathwhiz90601
Jul 25, 2007, 02:46 AM
i will smile if i just hear mr. jobs say,

"oh, and one more thing..."

one can dream.

".... Finally, we project that overall Macintosh retail share may reach 10% by 2015 with about 45%. Well, that concludes our third-quarter earnings and projections report for fiscal year 2007. Oh, and one more thing... Apple will be holding a media event on the 31st in the Apple Expo auditorium."

:eek:

chatin
Jul 25, 2007, 03:12 AM
Buy the rumor, sell the news. OSX gave back some market share in June, while Vista surged, so expect another rough day for the stock.

The iPhone should have been made available to all, not just AT&T. Perhaps even an iNetwork.

Did AT&T also send Steve a back bill for long distance he nabbed with the tone stealer at Berkley?

:)

aswitcher
Jul 25, 2007, 03:29 AM
I wonder if Apple will be spooked enough to hint/release some new products.

CalBoy
Jul 25, 2007, 03:30 AM
I wonder if Apple will be spooked enough to hint/release some new products.

Don't count on it. Jobs has his timeline for the next twenty years already planned out:p

brilami
Jul 25, 2007, 04:04 AM

i hope u r right. i lost 5K :-( thinking of buying some 2day, but not sure if this is a good idea !?!

zedsdead
Jul 25, 2007, 05:48 AM
It certainly is better than Sculley and Amelio! HD on Apple TV? It needs to deliver 1080p first.

I can't see Apple jumping right to 1080P support...the file sizes will be too large. Not to mention Jobs knows the future of his online store, so it seems likely he built the Apple TV with 720P support for a reason.

If you have downloaded a movie trailer and imported it into iTunes, I have to say, it looks pretty damn good. Better than HD cable...not quite as good as my HD DVD's, but very good.

xUKHCx
Jul 25, 2007, 05:57 AM
Suppose Thursday brings another loss, perhaps as large as $5 per share. What then? You will lose another 15k right? See why putting all your eggs in one basket isn't the best thing to do? Diversify your investments. It's better for the long run.

Were does the poster say that it is all of their eggs. For all you know they could have a very large and diverse basket.

willybNL
Jul 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
Guys,

please make some app on the site that you can click on words like '2pm PT, 5pm ET.' and let us be able to set our own timezone. Or at least tell us GMT+-.

Because now guys from Europe or Asia have to calculate the whole time.

Like on http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc I can't even find PT or ET...

Eraserhead
Jul 25, 2007, 08:19 AM
It'll be 10pm in the UK ;) PT means Pacific time (PST), ET means Eastern Time (EST).

Project
Jul 25, 2007, 08:20 AM
I dont see what the fuss about. It was on sale for 18 hours of retail time at only 2,000 locations. It includes none purchased online, on the Sunday etc. Overall, we are probably looking at about 250,000 sold in that first weekend, which is fantastic for a phone (and a record for AT&T). that costs $600 and $2,000 over two years

willybNL
Jul 25, 2007, 09:56 AM
It'll be 10pm in the UK ;) PT means Pacific time (PST), ET means Eastern Time (EST).

So that'll be something like 23h00 in The Netherlands....

Thanx.

(point to integrate this better into the website still stands!)

IJ Reilly
Jul 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
Were does the poster say that it is all of their eggs. For all you know they could have a very large and diverse basket.

Here:

djlu
Jul 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
Quick summary:

.92 per share
5.41 billion revenue

9.8 million ipods
1.764 million Macs
270,000 iPhone