Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hyperfast

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Hi,

Earlier I was able to boot to XP and it ran that annoying Windows update thing and kept bothering me about restarting so I finally pressed OK.

Now, it's taking me to that boot menu where you choose Safe Mode, Last Good Configuration or if you want to Start Windows Normally. Well- I chose Start Windows Normally- and it just reboots and takes me back to this screen. The same with every other option. It just reboots me right back there.

I can't even do a CHKDSK because if I selected Safe Mode with Command Prompt, it would do the same exact thing. It's just a little frustrating because I have a lot of stuff on there that I need and I do NOT want to re-install it again.

Are there any other ways around this?

Thanks

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
After hitting enter on the XP partition, repeatedely hit F8 on your keyboard until the menu comes up. Choose Last Known Config and it should bring back to the way it was before you restarted.

Hyperfast

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
After hitting enter on the XP partition, repeatedely hit F8 on your keyboard until the menu comes up. Choose Last Known Config and it should bring back to the way it was before you restarted.

Yeah but it after I choose that, it just restarts back to the same screen.

Hyperfast

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Try going into safe mode, and restoring to a previous point.

ME said:
Well- I chose Start Windows Normally- and it just reboots and takes me back to this screen. The same with every other option. It just reboots me right back there.

It's too late... I've tried to re-install and now I'm having even MORE problems. I can't even get the Windows disc out of my Mac. I think I should have gotten the XPS.

digiegg

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
You're having kind of a similar problem that I had... very frustrating.

Try to just calm down and take things slowly one by one man.

1. Go into MacOSX by hold alt/option key on ur macpro.
2. In the MacOSX, back up files you want from the windows disk(You should be able to copy the files over)
3. In bootcamp, make it into one partition again.
4. Redo the whole bootcamp and install windows like you did the first time.
5. In the windows instalation, make sure you format everything.
6. Pray this works. =P

Oh and to get the disc out, if you have a mac pro, u should take out the CD ROM Drive manually.
On the CD ROM drive, they have the eject button so you can just take it out like as if it was a pc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.