PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea threatens tactical nukes

zimv20
Jul 25, 2003, 02:48 PM
link (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/07/24/us.nkorea/index.html)

In the latest rhetorical clash in a long running nuclear standoff between North Korea and the U.S., Pyongyang has threatened to respond "in kind" should Washington deploy new high-tech weapons to South Korea.

"The DPRK [North Korea] will consider the ultra-modern weapons the new conservatives of the U.S. try to use as tactical nuclear weapons, which compels the DPRK to make as powerful weapons as them," read a statement issued in on Thursday by Pyongyang to mark the 50th anniversary on July 27 of the truce to end Korean War fighting.

(more)

i found the expression "the new conservatives of the US" interesting. also, the article doesn't specify what those new weapons are. i'm guessing at least one is the M.O.A.B..

and this statement doesn't clarify it at all:

The United States has said it is considering deploying more modern weapons systems to South Korea

Backtothemac
Jul 26, 2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by zimv20
link (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/07/24/us.nkorea/index.html)

i found the expression "the new conservatives of the US" interesting. also, the article doesn't specify what those new weapons are. i'm guessing at least one is the M.O.A.B..

and this statement doesn't clarify it at all:

Well, Clinton was blindsided by the N. Koreans, and I fell bad for him for it. I really don't think that he would have knowingly allowed them to do what they have been doing for the last 10 years.

As for us deploying new weapons systems. Guys, I really don't think we have a choice but to do so. We will have to fight a war of some sort with N. Korea sooner or later. We should have finished the job the first time in there.

patrick0brien
Jul 26, 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by zimv20
The United States has said it is considering deploying more modern weapons systems to South Korea

-zimv20

My guess? Part of the tech used for the missile shield - including several THEL's (Tactical High Energy Laser) systems of the type used in Israel.

cc bcc
Jul 26, 2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-zimv20

My guess? Part of the tech used for the missile shield - including several THEL's (Tactical High Energy Laser) systems of the type used in Israel.

You need to build something like a nuclear power station to provide those lasers with enough power..