Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A Flickr user has posted some unboxing photos of Apple's iPhone Bluetooth headset, some of which are mirrored here.

Apple claims the $129 accessory can provide up to 72 hours of standby time and up to 5.5 hours of talk time on a single charge. While the Online Apple Store shows a 2-4 week lag time, it would appear that there is at least limited retail store availability.

For more coverage of Apple's Bluetooth Headset in the wild, see this article from the iPhone blog.

Article Link: Apple iPhone Bluetooth Headset Unboxing Pics

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Looks nice. I like that they use a magsafe adapter for the charger.

I'd love to find one even for my current phone until I get an iPhone. Too bad I live 4 hours from an Apple store...

kcroy

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Ohio
Not a bluetooth headset kinda guy, but...

Not a bluetooth headset kinda guy, but...

That one actually looks like something I might use. I really like how the headset shows the charge on the iPhone. Clever.

I like my earbuds that came with the iPhone.

Great job Apple!

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Great combo

Ipod dock for the iPhone
MagSafe for the headset,

Clever, Yes.

I might decide to get one, never used them before, but that one just looks to damn slick not to have.:D

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Looks good, I see you can use it as a bluetooth headset for your mac too, might see if I can get one, then at least I'll have part of the iPhone and you lot wont be having all the fun.

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
Thats quite unusual, that the actual Dock is included with the headset, as Apple has a history of skipping out docks.

Not that I'm complaining mind you, it's very good :) Just wish they'd do it more often. For $129 mind you? Thats not too bad quality :p Now hurry up and get the iPhone in the U.K :p

ccrandall77

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Franklin, WI
I would hope at that price and with that amount of talk/standby time that the audio quality had better blow everything else away. All the Jabra headsets and Jawbone headset I have now have much longer talk/standby times. And although the Jawbone is a bit of a pain to put on, the sound quality is awesome, there's no crackling when I walk around with the headset, and the noise cancelling technology works as advertised... all for $10 less than this headset in the Apple Store and up to $30 less online.

fieldfalcon2000

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
cool

thats a pretty darn cool headset... I also think the dishtowel backdrop is a great touch to the photo shoot.

karlfranz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2006
Melbourne
Simple Pairing via the Dock!

Leave it to Apple to make pairing a headset even easier—all you have to do is plug it and the iPhone into the dock together and they instantly pair with each other.

Unfortunately, leave it to Apple to also make the earpiece the same uncomfortable shape and size as their awful earphones. And the lack of an ear clip means that it may fall off unless your ear is shaped just right.

BTW: I bought a Jawbone this past Friday based on the glowing reviews of it's Noise Shield technology. It's true, it does work as promised. I had music blaring next to me and the people on the other side of the conversation could barely tell it was playing. On the few times they could tell, they said it sounded like distant music in a very far away room.

However, they also told me that my voice sounded tinny or robotic. Also, the earpiece is uncomfortable, huge, heavy and feels like it's going to fall off. To make matters worse, the charger uses a proprietary connector with spring-loaded pins that causes it to disconnect from the headset while charging. I thought I had a defective unit until I started reading all the Google results about others with the same problems. I contacted tech support as others have and their reply is that you have to send them your charger (at your cost) and they will send you a replacement after they determine that the problem wasn't because you abused the charger. Needless to say, with this kind of policy of (not) standing behind their product, I will be returning the headset tomorrow.

Too bad. It held so much promise.

SK-

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2006
That's was nice pictures. Howerver, on my site has more pictures which posted early July. It's also pics from ":apple: iPhone Recognition Party" One night after iPhone Lauched on 29 June 2007.

iPhone Recognition Party - Posted on 2 July 2007: http://www.tpug.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3610#24167

Open-Box iPhone Bluetooth Headset - Posted 8 July 2007: http://www.tpug.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3617#24172

Enjoy guys. Anyway, it's only in Thai Language. You've to guess.....

:rolleyes::cool:;)

Goldenbear

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
I would hope at that price and with that amount of talk/standby time that the audio quality had better blow everything else away. All the Jabra headsets and Jawbone headset I have now have much longer talk/standby times. And although the Jawbone is a bit of a pain to put on, the sound quality is awesome, there's no crackling when I walk around with the headset, and the noise cancelling technology works as advertised... all for $10 less than this headset in the Apple Store and up to $30 less online.

Umm, the Jawbone only claims 1/2 hour more talk time (though standby is supposedly 48 hrs more). Compared to 8-12 hrs talk/240-300 hrs standby for Jabra headsets I've looked at, the Apple and Jawbone offerings don't look too good in that regard (obviously, they do offer other advantages).

I am very hesitant to buy a BT headset that uses a proprietary charging connector. Yeah, Magsafe is cool and all, but what if you need to charge it while on the road? Are you really going to lug the dock with you?

Same reason I am avoiding the Jawbone for now. I've also heard too many complaints about the charger not working correctly.

Docrjm

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2003
I am very hesitant to buy a BT headset that uses a proprietary charging connector. Yeah, Magsafe is cool and all, but what if you need to charge it while on the road? Are you really going to lug the dock with you?

Same reason I am avoiding the Jawbone for now. I've also heard too many complaints about the charger not working correctly.
You don't actually need to bring the dock along, there is a USB charging adapter cable that is also included.
Headset link

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.