PDA

View Full Version : BuyMusicSucks.com - Um... well, I think it speaks for itself...

MacBytes
Jul 26, 2003, 02:58 AM
Category: Humor
Link: BuyMusicSucks.com - Um... well, I think it speaks for itself. (http://www.buymusicsucks.com/)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Pancake
Jul 26, 2003, 03:07 AM
Childish and mildly amusing, yet the layout seems more pleasing to the eye than the actual BuyMusic site.

Rower_CPU
Jul 26, 2003, 04:21 AM
Wow. That's gonna get hit with a lawsuit...real quick like.

Veldek
Jul 26, 2003, 04:27 AM
Can't believe it! Seems like BuyMusic.com took over the site: it now leads to BuyMusic.com.

I bet the previous owner was offered a lot of money...

Edit: My fault!

arn
Jul 26, 2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Veldek
Can't believe it! Seems like BuyMusic.com took over the site: it now leads to BuyMusic.com.

I bet the previous owner was offered a lot of money...

um... look closer at the site.

arn

Veldek
Jul 26, 2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by arn
um... look closer at the site.

arn

Oops, seems I was a little bit too quick, but I just knew the site with the green background from the beginning.

Sorry! :D

tazo
Jul 26, 2003, 05:11 AM
i am with rower on this one. that site is going to get hit with a big fatty lawsuit. real soon. :)

iJon
Jul 26, 2003, 11:19 AM
wow this is a great site, i hope it says up and he adds content

iJon

AppleMatt
Jul 26, 2003, 12:22 PM
LOVE the "easy as prison rape"

Yep, it'll be gone soon. Not that that's such a bad thing, altough it's funny, it's not a good image for us Mac users, I'm sure PC users can see for themselves that it's a bad deal. (If not, the fantastic amount of criticising reviews hopefully have spelled it out for them)

AppleMatt

bobindashadows
Jul 26, 2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
LOVE the "easy as prison rape"

Yep, it'll be gone soon. Not that that's such a bad thing, altough it's funny, it's not a good image for us Mac users, I'm sure PC users can see for themselves that it's a bad deal. (If not, the fantastic amount of criticising reviews hopefully have spelled it out for them)

AppleMatt
Most PC users are a lot more ignorant than you think. When they see those commercials, they'll think it's the only way to buy music online, and go do it. They won't look for reviews, they'll just do it "because it's the only way and if it's bad there's nothing else we can do so we might as well use this."

When they see Apple's commercials, they'll think Apple ripped off buymusic.com.

That's what most Windows users are like.

Oh, and i think this site probably should be taken down. It really doesn't give Mac users a very mature image.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 26, 2003, 01:26 PM
now that was funny:p it's like the first time i saw the ellen fiess ad.
ah, the memories:)

Jerry Spoon
Jul 26, 2003, 01:46 PM
Nice little parody. Hope it stays up and gets updated.
Probably will be forced to remove it though. What a shame.

Waluigi
Jul 26, 2003, 04:36 PM
Come on now, although it was funny, it looks like some 10 year old did this in MS paint! At least use photoshop, and make it look realistic.

--Waluigi

tazo
Jul 26, 2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Waluigi
Come on now, although it was funny, it looks like some 10 year old did this in MS paint! At least use photoshop, and make it look realistic.

--Waluigi

thats part of the humor, that a lot of it was simple mspaint work :) if it looked official many would not have notice the, subtle differences?

andrewlandry
Jul 26, 2003, 07:58 PM
that is freakin' hilarious.

crappy job w/the graphics, but it's still really funny.

MrMacMan
Jul 26, 2003, 10:36 PM
Just when I thought I would never see ******.cx again I see it in the bottom left image. (computer screen)

Thanks for the horrible memory.

Wow, I give credit to whoever for making this site.

They should give a little more info about why it sucks, I mean we know it does, but many more people need to.

Mudbug
Jul 27, 2003, 12:37 AM
Oh my.

My oh my.

Of all of it, I think the "get screwed" scrawled with a mouse is my favorite part. Well done, in that 12 year old h4x0r kinda way. Even if it will probably get the owner in trouble, it was fun to see...

But you know, Larry Flynt (Hustler Magazine) got away with all sorts of stuff covered by the 1st amendment, so why shouldn't this be covered the same way? It denotes itself as a parody at the bottom, just like a parody ad in a magazine would.

janey
Jul 27, 2003, 03:32 PM
wow...cool :)
very hilarious ;)
woah...
To help prevent malicious domain hijacking and domain transfer errors, the registrar has protected the registrant of this domain name registrant by locking it. Any attempted transfers will be denied at the registry until the registrant requests otherwise. The registrant for the name may unlock the name at any time at the current registrar in order for a transfer initiation to succeed
heh...

crazytom
Jul 27, 2003, 04:30 PM
I don't believe this site will be removed (unless the owner is offered a good sum of money to remove it). The person who made it isn't actually selling anything, but making a parody and voicing an opinion (somewhat but not very, creatively)...and like Weird Al Yankovic, is humoring people everywhere....

I just went to the BuyMusic.com website...it told me I needed Internet Exploder and Winblows to view the site....hmmm. I don't think I want to look at the site THAT bad!!! :D

jp42
Jul 27, 2003, 07:46 PM
Nice. Gay reference is a little stupid, but kinda funny.