PDA

View Full Version : Apple BT headset. Will it work with a PS3?

SteveM8
Jul 25, 2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone know if the apple BT headset will work with a PS3? I know the jawbone will. I picked one up at the Phx apple store this morning (they had 3 of them) and don't want to open it if it will not as I wanted to use it with my phone and PS3.

drater
Jul 25, 2007, 01:30 PM
Anyone know if the apple BT headset will work with a PS3? I know the jawbone will. I picked one up at the Phx apple store this morning (they had 3 of them) and don't want to open it if it will not as I wanted to use it with my phone and PS3.

open it!!!! think of it this way, you could tell us all if it works!!! :D

SteveM8
Jul 26, 2007, 02:05 AM
Didn't work and the fit in my ear was horrible as well. Its pretty slick but I returned it and am buying one that will work with my phone and the PS3 and give me a more secure fit.

But, for those who like the fit of the apple earbuds, you will like it. One problem I found was the button you press to answer a call ends up IN your ear so its hard to get to the button. You have to move the piece out of your ear a bit to get to the button which is on top of the device (which happens to get lodged in the ear)

furqan8421
Jul 26, 2007, 12:06 PM
I was able to pair the headset with my ps3 with no problem at all, i havent used it to actually speak into it yet but if it pairs then I believe it should work

aweber5389
Jul 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
that is kind of cool that the Apple Bluetooth headset works with the PS3 even though the PS3 sucks

Jul 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
I was able to pair the headset with my ps3 with no problem at all, i havent used it to actually speak into it yet but if it pairs then I believe it should work

could you check to see if you can talk into it? This is really the deciding point hear to see if it works with my PS3, if it doesn't im getting a jawbone.

aweber5389
Jul 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
what games do you have that will work online?

Jul 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
what games do you have that will work online?

motostorm and resistance, and those are the only games I have for the PS3 also.

Yankees 4 Life
Jul 26, 2007, 02:06 PM
motostorm and resistance, and those are the only games I have for the PS3 also.

ps3 blows... not to rain on y'alls parade..

SteveM8
Jul 26, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yea it will pair but you can not get sound from it or speak in to it. I tried everything and all settings. Jawbone will work as I know others who use it with PS3 and Iphone.

Anyway, on another note. We have a Xbox 360 and PS3 here hooked up to our 70" sony XBR 1080P TV. In all respects, the PS3 kills the 360. Ive had the 360 since launch and am on my 4th one (other 3 died) - if it wasnt for the fact that my 11 year old son has so many games on it it would be GONE. Its loud, gets hot, freezes occasionally and is not reliable.

The wireless adapter is $100 extra, the HD DVD add on (which sucks also) is another $150 or so. The PS3 has some GREAT games (virtua fighter, tekken 5, resistance, motorstorm, darkness) that look better on MY TV than 360 versons (ridge racer, need for speed) - plus I get a blu ray player (have 30 blu ray movies), built in wireless and a 60GB HD and bluetooth.

It is the PS3 that kills the 360 and again, I own and use both that and the 360. I actually have grown to HATE the 360 but my son still enjoys it though he is playing a lot more PS3 lately (stardust is amazing)

Im going to get a jawbone myself today. The apple BT headset will NOT work.

Jul 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
It is the PS3 that kills the 360 and again, I own and use both that and the 360. I actually have grown to HATE the 360 but my son still enjoys it though he is playing a lot more PS3 lately (stardust is amazing)

Im going to get a jawbone myself today. The apple BT headset will NOT work.

I have to disagree, I have a PS3 and 360 and right now I like the 360 alot more, I have more games for it and the online is better but it sucks because it cost like 50 bucks a year but I guess its worth it. Also graphics are about the same on both, most multi platform games even look slightly better on the 360, sure that will most likely change as the system gets older but as of now I use my 360 alot more. Also I have my same launch 360 and never had problems with it, but I have to agree it is the loudest of the 3 next gen consoles but its not that bad, maybe im used to my old PC that sounded like a vacume

mrtibbs
Jan 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
Update ...as of firmware 2.10 my apple headset DOES WORK with the PS3 i've been playing COD4 and Motorstorm...enjoy!

aricher
Mar 31, 2008, 02:47 PM
One problem I found was the button you press to answer a call ends up IN your ear so its hard to get to the button. You have to move the piece out of your ear a bit to get to the button which is on top of the device (which happens to get lodged in the ear)

Either you are jamming it too far into your ear canal or, no offense, you have oddly shaped ears. I know 4 people (myself included) who use Apple's BT earpiece none of which have the "in your ear" problem. Personally it fits me perfectly. I guess that's the price Apple pays for trying to design a "one size fits all" earpiece.