PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store to open in Marlton, New Jersey.

MacBytes
Jul 26, 2003, 04:47 PM
Category: Apple Services
Link: Apple Store to open in Marlton, New Jersey. (http://www.macnn.com/news/20352)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

tazo
Jul 26, 2003, 07:15 PM
thats pretty cool and its nice to see Apple still expanding its stores to states other than Cali :p

I wait anxiously for the new Seattle store to open, well actually its in the U-District but still thats Seattle :)

bennetsaysargh
Jul 26, 2003, 09:53 PM
does anyone know how far away it is from the city?

Sayhey
Jul 27, 2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh

the link says it is 30-45 minutes from Philly. Or do you mean NYC?

bennetsaysargh
Jul 27, 2003, 09:43 AM
sorry, i meant NYC. lol:p
whenever i talk about NYC i call it the city. habbit of mine.

Sayhey
Jul 27, 2003, 10:17 AM
sorry, i meant NYC. lol:p
whenever i talk about NYC i call it the city. habbit of mine.

Thought that might be the case, we do the same thing here in SF. Drives folk from San Jose and Oakland crazy. Sorry, can't help you on the driving time from NYC to Marlton. Haven't done it in too many years.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 27, 2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Sayhey
Thought that might be the case, we do the same thing here in SF. Drives folk from San Jose and Oakland crazy. Sorry, can't help you on the driving time from NYC to Marlton. Haven't done it in too many years.

oh well. thanks anyway.
does anyone else know?

Flyers486
Jul 27, 2003, 12:13 PM
Finally my day of reconing has come...I mean its nice to have an Apple store within 20 minutes of my house (and about 1.20 hours from NYC, if low traffic). Hopefully I can get a job so I get a good discount for my college computer next year...and to finally sell the computer of have been marketing since I got one ;)

Sayhey
Jul 27, 2003, 12:20 PM
This new store will only be the second in the Philly metro area. Is a downtown store in the offing? How about Wilmington or Atlantic City? Seems that a area as large as this more than two stores are needed.

wdlove
Jul 27, 2003, 05:06 PM

Have you tried Mapquest, then you could directions amd mileage door to door?

http://www.mapquest.com/

weave
Jul 27, 2003, 05:28 PM
Sigh, they need to open a store in Delaware so people in the neighboring states can get their Apple stuff sales-tax free. What a missed opportunity...

Bear
Jul 28, 2003, 10:41 AM
It's about 95 minutes from Manhattan.

There ar epkkenty of other stores a lot closer to NYC. The closest one in NJ would be depending on where you were coming from.

I presume this question stems from a desire to save on sales tax? Just remember gas and tolls will eat into those savings.

Apple needs to open a store in the economic development zone in NJ which has a 3% sales tax and is close to the city.

bennetsaysargh
Aug 2, 2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bear
It's about 95 minutes from Manhattan.

There ar epkkenty of other stores a lot closer to NYC. The closest one in NJ would be depending on where you were coming from.

I presume this question stems from a desire to save on sales tax? Just remember gas and tolls will eat into those savings.

Apple needs to open a store in the economic development zone in NJ which has a 3% sales tax and is close to the city.

thanks. i will probably have to give up my halloween if i decide to go because i will need to be down in the city on the 1st, and it wouldn't make sense to go from NYC to monroe and back down.
maybe i can get out of it, and still get my brothers to get me a shirt:)

wdlove
Aug 2, 2003, 12:18 PM
thanks. i will probably have to give up my halloween if i decide to go because i will need to be down in the city on the 1st, and it wouldn't make sense to go from NYC to monroe and back down.
maybe i can get out of it, and still get my brothers to get me a shirt:)

IMHO attending an Apple Store openning is definitely worth missing Halloween. There is a whole culture to a crowd waiting for the openning. I think that you will like the T-Shirt. Another plus is that they should have a G5 that you can test drive! ;)

bennetsaysargh
Aug 2, 2003, 04:29 PM
well, i still have untill late october to decide, so i'll have to think about it. free candy? or an apple shirt.
desicions decisions.
i would go to palisades to test out te G5 when it gets there. i don;t really like to stay for long t the opneings especially whn there is a new product there because everyone crowds around it, and it is uncomfortable.

wowoah
Aug 2, 2003, 04:33 PM
Thought that might be the case, we do the same thing here in SF. Drives folk from San Jose and Oakland crazy.

Hahaha, actually I'm from Berkeley/Oakland and I call SF "the city." Oakland's more like "the ghetto." And San Jo's just a bunch of yuppie squash-playing dot-commers.

Nuf said.

KCK
Aug 2, 2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by wowoah
Hahaha, actually I'm from Berkeley/Oakland and I call SF "the city." Oakland's more like "the ghetto." And San Jo's just a bunch of yuppie squash-playing dot-commers.

Nuf said.

Then again San Jose is now larger than San Francisco in terms of population and as far as the government is concerned our area is now known as the San Jose/San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area

Sayhey
Aug 2, 2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by KCK
Then again San Jose is now larger than San Francisco in terms of population and as far as the government is concerned our area is now known as the San Jose/San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area

Although it is true the government changed the designation of the consolidated metropolitan statistical area (CMSA) to start with San Jose we will always live in the San Francisco Bay Area. At least Apple recognizes this historical leadership of SF and will place its flagship store in "the City." ;)

Ah, now my true petty parochial attitude is revealed at last.:cool: