Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
I fall upon the mercy of the great readers of mac rumors.

I recently set up my Airport network with my brandy new 15" TiBook (from which I am posting right now). I have connected my iMac to the Airport Base Station via the ethernet port. I set the base station to dial automatically (I still have dialup), so when I launch internet needed apps on the iMac, the base station connects to the internet without hesitation.

My problem, however, is that once complete, how, from the iMac, do I tell the base station to hang up the phone?

From the TiBook it's easy, because the Airport software is in control and I can easily tell the base station to connect or disconnect. However, there is no Airport card in the iMac, so I cannot get the same icon. Internet Connect doesn't recognize anything. In fact, there is no indication at all that the iMac is connected, even right now...

So, IS there any way to force the Airport to hang up via the Ethernet connection to it?

Help, please. This is the last step in configuring my little network!

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.