Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
ok, i have had our airport network up and running perfectly in our home for awhile. now, i would like to purchase the ps2 network adapter to play games online. my question is what is the type of hardware will i need to do this (reccommendations welcome).

i think that all i need is to have my cable modem connected to a router which is then connected to the airport base station. then all i would have to do is get another ethernet cable to the ps2. am i right or am i way off?

i apologize in advance for not replying quickly, leaving today for Boston.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I believe that the Airport Base Station doubles as a router, so just hooking the network adapter up might work jsut fine. However I don't have an Airport or a working PS2 right now, so take my information how you will.

P-Worm

ColdZero

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2002
If you have a new AP Base Station, that would work as it has the port for the extra computer. If you are starting from scratch or looking to upgrade, I'd get a Linksys Wireless Access Point/Router. It has more options to customize in software than the Airport does. It will be cheaper in the long run and just as good if not better. You could even get the 802.11g part to allow for future expansion.

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
connecting into the Basestation with the ehternet cable will work just fine. if you want you can even take your PS2 wireless. Linksys makes a device that is basicly a stand alone wireless-lan card connects to anything with an ethernet port RJ-45 jack. You configure it from your computer and then it saves the settingsto the device

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.