PDA

View Full Version : How about THIS on an MSN page?

Gus
Jul 26, 2003, 11:38 PM
Just checked my hotmail account, and I saw this on there article "Laptops for DVD lovers".

http://msn.com.com/4520-3121-5053369.html?part=msn&subj=re_5053369&tag=msn_home

Nice. :)

Except for the horrible review score they give it, of course.

Regards,
Gus

P-Worm
Jul 27, 2003, 12:03 AM
That's pretty sweet. Too bad they don't advertise the battery life on it. The laptop below they advertise as 3 hours...

P-Worm

maraczc
Jul 27, 2003, 08:22 AM
Yeah, the review was quite horrible. But what really surprised me is the 4.1/10 value retaining rating. Macs keep their value alot more than PCs so I don't know what they were thinking.

bobindashadows
Jul 29, 2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by maraczc
Yeah, the review was quite horrible. But what really surprised me is the 4.1/10 value retaining rating. Macs keep their value alot more than PCs so I don't know what they were thinking.
The ValueWatch rating is based on all the current entries in the database. Since the Powerbook is 3200 (i think), and ValueWatch probably doesn't understand why Macs end up more valuable than PeeCees, it makes sense that it has a low value. It compares it to everything there, at it's current price...

How much could you sell a PC on a Celeron, 200 Mhz for? I just sold an ancient Powerbook running a 603e with a CD-Drive and a Floppy Drive (modules), with a 240 Mhz proc. for 300 bucks. It can run OS 9.2.2, as well. That's like a PeeCee laptop running... i'd say... nah not ME it sucks way too much... maybe 2000? Yeah, a PeeCee laptop with, say a 300 Mhz proc running Win 2000. Is that possible?

Abstract
Jul 29, 2003, 11:20 AM
The 7.4 rating is quite good. The Valuewatch rating is an automatic rating given by comparing processor speeds, features, and price, I believe. The 7.4 rating is the editor's rating of the machine, and for a PB right now, I'd say that's pretty decent. After an update to the PB line, I expect a similar rating, if not better.

e-coli
Jul 29, 2003, 12:14 PM
I mean, really. What the heck is up with no USB2? That's unacceptable on a new machine.