Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigCanoe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
Hi,

Is it possible/practical to share a monitor, keyboard and mouse between a Powermac and a PC? I need to have both at my desk, but I would like to minimize the clutter if I can.

Thanks

BigCanoe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
Cool

Whoa, thats cool, he claims you can share the iMac monitor with a PC :)

ColdZero

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2002
Dr. Bott is kinda expensive, I'd recommend IOGear. I have a 4 port USB KVM that I use to switch between my PCs and Macs. Also while I was at macworld I talked to the belkin people about some rack mounted KVMs. When I asked if they could switch ADC, he said no. But he did say that they will be releasing a desktop product that can switch DVI very soon. So if you want to hook up a flatpanel, you may want to wait for that. He said it would switch USB, DVI and Audio and would be out in a few weeks.

ColdZero

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2002
No, I can't use my extra button my my logitech dual optical mouse. I only get my two buttons, on my mac. Which is wierd, because on my PC, I can use the 4th button on the side. Along with the wheel button, which I use for voice chat in games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.