PDA

View Full Version : epson stylus photo 820 problems

homeshire
Jul 27, 2003, 09:15 AM
i have a serious problem with the above printer. i just replaced the cartridges, and while black prints out text just fine, anything color comes out all pink and blue. i am not knowledgeable enough to figure it out, and i hate calling epson because they don't provide an 800 #. i have messed with the color settings, and i hate to do any more of that without an idea of what i'm doing, because it seems a waste of ink. anyone familiar with this issue, and the quick fix to make it all right? thanks.

homeshire
Jul 27, 2003, 12:52 PM
i'm not often embarrassed by posts i make, but i am by this one. so, ok, it turns out that after months of letting it sit unused, it helps to clean the heads. never mind.

move along folks, nothing to see here. ;)

zvitali
Jul 27, 2003, 01:35 PM
This is the reason I hate inkjet printers. If you don't use them for a few months, the ink gets dry and the heads need cleaning. Actually, sometimes even cleaning is insufficient. I once have stopped using my Epson 780 for 4 months and then even after the head cleaning I could see some parallel lines on the print-outs.

mnkeybsness
Jul 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
i left a lexmark sit for about a month. it wouldn't show anything at all on a page it printed out, so i bought new cartridges. it still wouldn't show anything. after having that happen and all the crap i went through with lexmark's horrible drivers that barely ever worked right (i would have to reinstall them after ever third document printed), i threw the printer away and bought an epson 820. i love this printer. i just printed some pictures on photo paper and the quality is amazing!