PDA

View Full Version : Seidio headset adapter with mic, and WORKING BUTTON

woodbutcher
Jul 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=811

ecks618
Jul 26, 2007, 10:57 PM
If I have to move my iPhone that close to my mouth to talk, I might as well use the phone itself.

Other wise, its paying $15 to skip songs and use your own headphones, I guess it fits some people's needs.

I myself am waiting for the Shure extension to come out so I can use my se210's.

woodbutcher
Jul 26, 2007, 11:10 PM
Shure has released theirs, but unless you have one of the newer modular headsets, you still have all the extra cord to deal with. I have a set of ec4s, maybe I will ebay em, and buy the newer modular Shure SE530PTH with the adapter , both sold at the apple store

ecks618
Jul 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
Shure has released theirs, but unless you have one of the newer modular headsets, you still have all the extra cord to deal with. I have a set of ec4s, maybe I will ebay em, and buy the newer modular Shure SE530PTH with the adapter , both sold at the apple store

Where is the shure adapter being sold, I think your thinking of something else. I am talking about the Shure MPA, it has a release in August.

KCWolfPck
Jul 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
Where is the shure adapter being sold, I think your thinking of something else. I am talking about the Shure MPA, it has a release in August.

I saw the Shure MPA for sale (and shipping within 24 hrs) on the apple shop website (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=DB861236&nplm=TN544LL/A).....under headsets category for iPhone accessories.

I too have EC4s and am wondering how that will work with all of that extra cord. I wonder if we can send them into Shure to have modified? I think I'll call to get more info. I'll report back if I find anything out.

greenlander
Jul 27, 2007, 10:47 AM
If I have to move my iPhone that close to my mouth to talk, I might as well use the phone itself.

Other wise, its paying $15 to skip songs and use your own headphones, I guess it fits some people's needs.

I myself am waiting for the Shure extension to come out so I can use my se210's.

Agreed. This is the dumbest accessory I've ever seen. Even for skipping songs.. you'd still have to basically reach to the iphone. Wouldn't have to activate the screen, but still .... stupid.

An adapter like this should come with the mic attached on a separate wire w/a clip to attach it to your main headset cord.