PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Been to Cupertino?

Horrortaxi
Jul 28, 2003, 01:40 AM
I was just in San Francisco this weekend and was going to see what there is to see in Cupertino since I was near by (pose for picture in front of something official with iBook, that sort of thing). Has anybody done this?

eyelikeart
Jul 28, 2003, 06:46 AM
good luck getting past the reception area...unless u get specific granted permission from SJ or someone there...

I went 2 years ago, with the same intentions as u. The only place that's "public" is the Campus Store, that's it. U can do whatever u want around there, look at the few systems they have & whatnot. They do have many more products with the Apple logo on them than any of the other stores, more ones u can't get anywhere else.

let us know how it goes... ;)

Horrortaxi
Jul 28, 2003, 08:09 AM
That sounds like enough access to do what I want to do. We ran out of time to do it this trip but it's on the list for next time.

iJon
Jul 28, 2003, 09:34 AM
ive been by, my parents have had a more in depth look. it has pretty high security there. they have level cards i believe that grant you access to places. my parents said it was fun and they had a real indepth look inside, besides the secret lab where the mixed jobs and woz's dna and made Joswiak.

iJon

MacFan25
Jul 28, 2003, 11:22 AM
I've never been, but I would like to go, at least to see the building, and go to the campus store.

I think I read a post by MacBandit, and he said that he goes every year. So, if you have questions, you may want to ask him.

szark
Jul 28, 2003, 11:48 AM
If you haven't already, you should look at ThinkSecret's Campus Bash photos (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/wwdc03photos2.html) to get a look at the inner courtyard.

jefhatfield
Aug 19, 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by szark
If you haven't already, you should look at ThinkSecret's Campus Bash photos (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/wwdc03photos2.html) to get a look at the inner courtyard.

i went to a job fair inside the inner courtyard...it was nicely kept

i got a real bad vibe from the people there and it's as if a lot of them had this huge chip on their shoulder...of course the PC side was taking back some market share apple enjoyed briefly and dell ransacked the education market so it wasn't exactly a time to celebrate

and right outside the walls are some 2800 high tech companies, and if it's to do with computers, it's mostly dealing with PCs

apple is like this tiny dot of quality in a sea of mediocre PC companies in silicon valley...it doesn't even register as a life raft and there is always this feeling of being severely outnumbered:p