Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
And these guys were friends - unbelievable. Makes you wonder why they were going out shooting in the first place. I wonder if it was planned and not just a heat of the moment thing.

D :(

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
Sounds premeditated to me.Probably based on jealousy.

It would be interesting to read the statistics on how many people actually claim they are insane {ie voices etc} and are later found by a court to not be so.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
It's kinda hard to say right now...50/50 shot if u ask me...

I just always find it a complete shame when something like this between friends/family happens...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
All this is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with both of the families. At least now the family of Patrick Dennehy will have some peace. May he rest in peace!

macfan

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2003
A very sad situation, but the most likely explanation based on the evidence I've seen so far is that Dodson, who has apparently confessed to the killing, probably had a schizophrenic break and became paranoid. There was apparently some concern on the part of Dodson's family about his behavior quite some time before the incident. I've seen how a person can behave when they have schizophrenia, and it's not always easy to tell that they have become delusional.

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
Originally posted by macfan
A very sad situation, but the most likely explanation based on the evidence I've seen so far is that Dodson, who has apparently confessed to the killing, probably had a schizophrenic break and became paranoid. There was apparently some concern on the part of Dodson's family about his behavior quite some time before the incident. I've seen how a person can behave when they have schizophrenia, and it's not always easy to tell that they have become delusional.

Ah ok I didnt know about the families concerns,so ya its probably bons fide then.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by macfan

I hope that this isn't just information being put out by the Dodson family to save him from legal responsibility. Too many now try to be found guilty by reason of insanity. If this is true about a psychotic break, then he should be committed for life. The only assurance that he will never harm another person is to be locked up for life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.