PDA

View Full Version : Just Got a Used Emac G4 Cheapest Way to Get Wireless Internet?

Jordanonmyfeet
Jul 30, 2007, 08:39 AM
I recently bought a used Emac G4 and i have a router downstairs but now i need to know how to get a wireless signal in my room.

Here are the specs.

700mhz G4 processor, 40gb harddrive, DVD Reader\Combo drive, 17 inch screen, internal 56k modem, ethernet port, built-in speakers, 2 Firewire ports, 3 USB ports, external speaker & mic connections, and video output for an external monitor. fresh installation of OS X 10.1

Also i plan to update to tiger (get an update off ebay). Will the computer handle it well? I'm eventually going to upgrade to 1gb of ram.

Thanks in advance

CortexRock
Jul 30, 2007, 08:44 AM
If you have a wireless router downstairs, pick up an Airport Express unit and connect it via ethernet cable to your eMac.

Jordanonmyfeet
Jul 30, 2007, 08:48 AM
ok so the airport express will get the wireless signal and transmit it through the Ethernet cable correct?

CortexRock
Jul 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
Yep - spot on! There are alternatives to an Airport Express, if you don't want to spend extra to buy Apple, but I've never used them so I can't recommend a specific model. Good luck!