View Full Version : Paris Hilton loses inheritance, to the tune of $60m

edesignuk
Jul 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
Oh so happy (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22157708-2,00.html) :D

http://up.edesignuk.com/files/1/Images/Gifs/roflcopter.gif

Bollocks eh, Paris? Life sucks, and so do you! ;) :p

PlaceofDis
Jul 30, 2007, 09:53 AM
wonder what stupidity of hers will follow in order for her to get money now for her lifestyle.

Jaffa Cake
Jul 30, 2007, 09:54 AM
Ah well... at least she has her 'career' to fall back on. :rolleyes:

iBlue
Jul 30, 2007, 09:55 AM
hahahahahaha :D

Although I'm sure she'll hardly suffer for it. Even if she were cut off completely today, she's a "resourceful" girl. ;)
8----o:

edesignuk
Jul 30, 2007, 09:55 AM
wonder what stupidity of hers will follow in order for her to get money now for her lifestyle.I hear she's recording a new album, I'm sure that will more than secure her future.

bartelby
Jul 30, 2007, 09:56 AM
I hear she's recording a new album, I'm sure that will more than secure her future.

I bet Bansky made more out of her last album than she did!!:D

Teh Don Ditty
Jul 30, 2007, 10:09 AM
Mwhahahahahahahahahahaahahaha!!!!Back to the old Night Shot camera she'll go.

atari1356
Jul 30, 2007, 10:15 AM
She could always sell her Ferrari.

I doubt she'll need to though...

Sdashiki
Jul 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
So what?

When the old man dies, she gets no loot?

Big deal, how does she pay for stuff today? Where does her millions she blows on cars and booze come from?

She aint gonna be in the poorhouse by any means.

calculus
Jul 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
But who will spread happiness to all the poor people now?

TheAnswer
Jul 30, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah...this is just her portion of her Grandfather's money. Her father is worth $300 million and has four kids...so if she ever runs short on cash, she can just kill off daddy to get a little spending money.

edesignuk
Jul 30, 2007, 10:29 AM
So what?

When the old man dies, she gets no loot?

Big deal, how does she pay for stuff today? Where does her millions she blows on cars and booze come from?

She aint gonna be in the poorhouse by any means.True enough, but it does give some satisfaction to know she's losing out here. Plus grandpa is giving away $2.4bn that she will never see any part of! HA!

Kingsly
Jul 30, 2007, 11:50 AM
I almost crashed my ROFL copter I was laughing so hard. :D

W00t! 2.4bn to charity and... NONE to Paris!

ErikCLDR
Jul 30, 2007, 11:53 AM
Thank god. I'm glad to see grandpa hilton has some moral standards.

rockthecasbah
Jul 30, 2007, 12:28 PM
Best news all day, thank you edesignuk!!!

combatcolin
Jul 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
KARMA!

Earl Hicky would be so pleased!

Don't panic
Jul 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
haha, if I understand correctly, Grampa cut the whole family off the inheritance.
I am sure her siblings and the rest of her relatives are really thrilled!:D

Sdashiki
Jul 30, 2007, 01:29 PM
karma shmarma.

SHE IS STILL GOING TO BE A RICH HEIRESS!

She has millions, will continue to have millions, and not work a day to earn it.

WTF is $60m she will not get in the years to come, nothing.

biturbomunkie
Jul 30, 2007, 01:36 PM
i don't think this matters much to her.

elfin buddy
Jul 30, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm sure Paris won't be having any financial woes over this, but it's still awesome that her own grandfather slapped her in the face like that. :p

imac/cheese
Jul 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
I personally feel that society would benefit from all rich families giving their fortunes to charity instead of passing it on to their children. All children should be raised to make their own life and not just live off Daddy's riches.

megfilmworks
Jul 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
Paris has earned more than 20 million in the last few years on her own; TV, product line development, endorsements.
I think she would rather earn than inherit. Wouldn't you?
She was never an heiress living in a mansion...that was just the spin the media gave her. She had a pretty normal upper middle class life. And if you knew the history of Nicole you would be very sympathetic to her as well.
Don't read the rags get the true facts!!

I personally feel that society would benefit from all rich families giving their fortunes to charity instead of passing it on to their children. All children should be raised to make their own life and not just live off Daddy's riches.
Paris's Daddy was not rich. He was a real estate broker.

killerrobot
Jul 30, 2007, 02:22 PM
All I know is that even without that 60 million, Paris is still f"$&g loaded.

The only way I'll catch up to her is by winning one hell of a Lottery.:)

rdowns
Jul 30, 2007, 02:30 PM
Paris has earned more than 20 million in the last few years on her own; TV, product line development, endorsements.
She was never an heiress living in a mansion...that was just the spin the media gave her. She had a pretty normal upper middle class life. And if you knew the history of Nicole you would be very sympathetic to her as well.

Paris Apologist!

Do you really believe this? I heard she fights her little dogs just like Michale Vick does.

megfilmworks
Jul 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
Paris Apologist!

Do you really believe this? I heard she fights her little dogs just like Michale Vick does.
Maybe, but it pays to have the facts. Try resources other than Extra and Star.
The dog quote, thought....that is a funny thought!!

OutThere
Jul 30, 2007, 03:34 PM
Paris's Daddy was not rich. He was a real estate broker.

A real estate broker in beverly hills. :rolleyes:

est net worth: $300 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hilton

megfilmworks
Jul 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=OutThere;3980100]A real estate broker in beverly hills. :rolleyes:

est net worth: $300 million

Now he may be worth that (although that figure is unconfirmed), but he was not that well off when Paris was a little girl. This I know. If you had a few million 20 years ago, I would hope you would have 10 to 20 times that today.
If not then you are not very good with money. He had a small trust and made his money himself. This post starts with how Grandad cut little Paris off.
He has always been stingy!! Most very wealthy men do not leave much money to their children as they know it causes failure.
And I hate to say it but 300 million today just doesn't go as far as it used to. :)

GFLPraxis
Jul 30, 2007, 05:28 PM
And I hate to say it but 300 million today just doesn't go as far as it used to. :)

That's just ridiculous. If I had $1 million I'd buy a $200,000 house and put $800,000 in the bank and live off the interest (at 3% interest it's 24k a year, with no monthly payments that's plenty), maybe working part time or doing hobby work (writing books or journalism, or art or something).

$4 million in the bank could easily give me a five-digit-interest salary, allowing me to live quite nicely and never work again unless I was doing it for fun.

$300 million is more than anyone should ever need (at least during this decade, till inflation makes $300 million the price of a sandwich).

yg17
Jul 30, 2007, 05:34 PM

And 19 million of that was probably spent on coke, booze and lawyers :D

megfilmworks
Jul 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
That's just ridiculous. If I had $1 million I'd buy a $200,000 house and put $800,000 in the bank and live off the interest (at 3% interest it's 24k a year, with no monthly payments that's plenty), maybe working part time or doing hobby work (writing books or journalism, or art or something).

$4 million in the bank could easily give me a five-digit-interest salary, allowing me to live quite nicely and never work again unless I was doing it for fun.

$300 million is more than anyone should ever need (at least during this decade, till inflation makes $300 million the price of a sandwich).
If you find a $200,000 dollar house, let me know.
And most people who have a lot of net worth are tied up in huge projects,
it's not personal money. Besides, it was a joke.

Counterfit
Jul 30, 2007, 06:51 PM

I don't know if selling the rights to your name to a pair of clubs for $2m and a Ferrari really counts as "earning", especially if you only have to show up twice a year.

rdowns
Jul 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
Maybe, but it pays to have the facts. Try resources other than Extra and Star.
The dog quote, thought....that is a funny thought!!

I get all my Paris news from MR and that's enough thank you very much.

I might head over to the Site and Forum Feedback and request a new sub-forum called American Skank Hos. Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, Brittney Spears and the rest of them. No wonder the world hates us.

synth3tik
Jul 30, 2007, 06:59 PM
The best thing people can do for themselves, Hilton, and everyone else is to just forget this scank exists.

rhsgolfer33
Jul 30, 2007, 08:10 PM

Yeah, me too, out here you can't even buy a box to live in for $200,000. And you could live off of $24,000 a year? Even without a house payment that's not very much money, I proably spend that a third of that in one year on gas, car insurance, and maintaining the car. Even without house payments I proably couldn't live off of less than $50,000 a year.

SMM
Jul 30, 2007, 08:31 PM
That's just ridiculous. If I had $1 million I'd buy a $200,000 house and put $800,000 ...snip..

You look like a nice chap, so I will offer some advice, be sure to enlist a professional for your financial planning. Based on your post, it appears you have an unrealistic view of what it would take to retire in today's America. I will concede there are different lifestyles, and you may be considering something quite humble.

I am drawing near retirement, and went through a retirement planning analysis over twenty years ago. To retire at 55, and live a comfortable retirement, I needed:

1) Home paid for
2) No consumer debt
3) Annual retirement income of > $65,000
4) 2-3 M in deferred compensation, 401Ks, IRAs, traditional post-tax investments

It is never too young to begin a retirement plan. I always encourage young people to get started on this as soon as they can.

SkyBell
Jul 30, 2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, me too, out here you can't even buy a box to live in for $200,000. And you could live off of $24,000 a year? Even without a house payment that's not very much money, I proably spend that a third of that in one year on gas, car insurance, and maintaining the car. Even without house payments I proably couldn't live off of less than $50,000 a year.
Out here, $200,000 will buy you a @#$^ing mansion. Condo's out here regularly go for $30,000, 60 tops.

GFLPraxis
Jul 30, 2007, 09:07 PM
And most people who have a lot of net worth are tied up in huge projects,
it's not personal money. Besides, it was a joke.
Do you live in some super-expensive area in California?

I live in a 5000 square foot house with 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a laundry room, an acre property, a rec room, family room, and living room. Property valued at $250,000.

(Parent's house)

I'd be perfectly content with half that for myself.

Depends entirely on the area. Where I live, 50k a year would make you fairly comfortable, and a decent house costs around $100,000.

You look like a nice chap, so I will offer some advice, be sure to enlist a professional for your financial planning. Based on your post, it appears you have an unrealistic view of what it would take to retire in today's America. I will concede there are different lifestyles, and you may be considering something quite humble.

I am drawing near retirement, and went through a retirement planning analysis over twenty years ago. To retire at 55, and live a comfortable retirement, I needed:

1) Home paid for
2) No consumer debt
3) Annual retirement income of > $65,000
4) 2-3 M in deferred compensation, 401Ks, IRAs, traditional post-tax investments

It is never too young to begin a retirement plan. I always encourage young people to get started on this as soon as they can.

Oh, you're right, I doubt it would get me to retirement. My point was that a million could get you buy for a while, depending on where you lived. Like I said, $24k with no bills...that's not a mansion life. I also said part time work would be necessary.

Regardless, I don't plan to get $1 million and retire and live off the interest :) I'll definitely be using a 401k and planning it out professionally (I'm still in college so I haven't started yet). I was just pointing out that $1 million is a huge sum of money. Live in an area with low property values and it can go a loooooong way on interest alone.

Thanks for the post, very informative :)

Right now, as a student, working as a part-time paid intern, with a paid-off-car and no house payment (parents) but paying for all other needs I'm getting by on about 12k a year...low cost of living in my area. Of course, that all goes out the window once I buy a house (which is why I'm throwing every dime I can into savings! :D)

KD7IWP
Jul 30, 2007, 10:58 PM
Way to go grandpa

Doctor Q
Jul 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
If she needs money, she can always apply to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation for a research grant.

yg17
Jul 30, 2007, 11:03 PM
I hear she's recording a new album, I'm sure that will more than secure her future.
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v108/95/110/11504753/n11504753_33268482_4246.jpg

mpw
Jul 30, 2007, 11:15 PM
...WTF is $60m she will not get in the years to come, nothing.
According to my calculations it'll be around $60m.

So who does gets the money from the charity? Why shouldn't they be expected to work for it?

I live in a 5000 square foot house with 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a laundry room, an acre property, a rec room, family room, and living room. Property valued at $250,000...
Cheapest I could find here was a 350sq ft, 1bed aparment at $266,000.00

GFLPraxis
Jul 30, 2007, 11:23 PM
Cheapest I could find here was a 350sq ft, 1bed aparment at $266,000.00

Glad I don't live where you do then :D

katie ta achoo
Jul 30, 2007, 11:27 PM
This makes me happy. :)

Bahahaha!

Yeah, she will still have more money than I'll ever see, but... HAH! Now you have to get a gold-PLATED toilet instead of a solid-gold one. Hah HAH!

mpw
Jul 30, 2007, 11:29 PM
Glad I don't live where you do then :D

I bet you are, I can't even afford the 1bed place I was talking about:(

KristieMac
Jul 30, 2007, 11:32 PM
I was feeling a bit down before I read this. I feel a bit happier now. :)

sushi
Jul 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
If she needs money, she can always apply to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation for a research grant.
LOL. The images that come to mind! :D

solvs
Jul 30, 2007, 11:38 PM

That's funny. You can't buy a 1 bedroom condo for $200,000 here. Not all of CA is that bad, and it's much cheaper elsewhere I know, but S. CA = expensive. There's a million dollar home in an area that isn't even that ritzy near where I work. Single story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath. Other's are near as bad. Check it out:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/rfs/

Paris is going to miss that $60m in this area, even with the new "album".

invasian
Jul 31, 2007, 12:02 AM
It looks like the news story was just a hoax...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/30/paris-not-being-locked-out-of-hotel-fortune/

ModestPenguin
Jul 31, 2007, 12:55 AM
I do hope this is true.

I hate her.

Sdashiki
Jul 31, 2007, 08:21 AM
HOAX?

After the socialite was sprung from the klink, she spent a few days at grandpa Hilton's family compound in Beverly Hills. It's rumored that Paris stands to inherit somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 million.

Well the original article said $60m.

And just cuz you went to pappy's house doesnt mean he likes you.

While it probably is a hoax, id wait this out. ;)

Stampyhead
Jul 31, 2007, 01:02 PM
I was feeling a bit down before I read this. I feel a bit happier now. :)

Lisa Simpson: Dad, do you know what schadenfreude is?
Homer: No, I do not know what schadenfreude is, please tell me because I am dying to know...

ChrisK018
Jul 31, 2007, 02:56 PM
I suppose this site is called MacRumors for a reason, but TMZ says that article is false. Link. (http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/30/paris-not-being-locked-out-of-hotel-fortune/)

Sdashiki
Jul 31, 2007, 02:57 PM
I suppose this site is called MacRumors for a reason, but TMZ says that article is false. Link. (http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/30/paris-not-being-locked-out-of-hotel-fortune/)

already linked and talked about above.

GFLPraxis
Jul 31, 2007, 03:26 PM
So Paris ran to her grandpa's house to beg...not surprising.

KristieMac
Jul 31, 2007, 07:56 PM
Lisa Simpson: Dad, do you know what schadenfreude is?
Homer: No, I do not know what schadenfreude is, please tell me because I am dying to know...

Oh be fair!!!! It's not like I am maliciously enjoying the misfortune of another real PERSON. She's more like an annoying barbie doll. A rather brainless and spoiled one, at that.

Yeah, I am not nice. Sue me. :D

mark!
Jul 31, 2007, 08:20 PM
It's amazing what kind of control the media has over America, and probably the rest of the world ["probably", because I haven't been to the rest of the world].

MacNut
Jul 31, 2007, 09:10 PM
The next step is for Britney Spears to loose her money, wait K-Fed.:p

Stampyhead
Jul 31, 2007, 10:51 PM
Oh be fair!!!! It's not like I am maliciously enjoying the misfortune of another real PERSON. She's more like an annoying barbie doll. A rather brainless and spoiled one, at that.

Yeah, I am not nice. Sue me. :D

I know, sorry. I was just looking for an excuse to use my favorite Simpsons quote.

tomoisyourgod
Aug 1, 2007, 03:54 AM
KARMA!

Earl Hicky would be so pleased!

hahahahaha!!!

that, he will!

dmw007
Aug 1, 2007, 06:16 AM
Not sure if it should, but this little tidbit of news has just made my day! :D :cool:

edesignuk
Aug 1, 2007, 06:38 AM
The next step is for Britney Spears to loose her money, wait K-Fed.:pShe earned her money fair and square, she's gone loopy but good luck to her.

Paris is another kettle of fish entirely.

Thomas Veil
Aug 3, 2007, 05:52 AM
Out here, $200,000 will buy you a @#$^ing mansion. Condo's out here regularly go for $30,000, 60 tops.
Where the heck do you live, anyway...Appalachia?

I'm near Cleveland, which has a lower cost-of-living than most of the nation, and here $200,000 will just buy you a very nice middle class house...but nothing approaching a mansion.

andiwm2003
Aug 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
i'm appalled how people can be happy about other peoples misfortune and make fun of it...wait, are we talking about this PARIS HILTON? haha,:D:p:D i hope she makes some bad investments and goes broke so she has to really earn her own money by real work for a while:D. she certainly is working but the jobs she get are all founded in her undeserved fame and are highly overpaid for what she really has to offer. maybe she learns from that...

Doctor Q
Aug 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
I try to be a sympathetic person, but sometimes I think celebrities earn the scorn they get. I can't say that I minded the disdain that Ashlee Simpson got for her SNL fiasco (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NCeUwu9gOzk).

iBlue
Aug 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
I'm near Cleveland, which has a lower cost-of-living than most of the nation, and here $200,000 will just buy you a very nice middle class house...but nothing approaching a mansion.
$200,000 won't buy you a single car garage over here. Little one bedroom flats are VERY seldom found under 200,000 ($400,000).

</side note>

devilot
Aug 5, 2007, 02:05 AM
Run-down, 2-bedroom, 1 full bath, tiny kitchen, and a family room apartment cost $300,000 when the housemate bought it what, fiveish years ago? This is in the Santa Cruz-ish area of CA. Not the priciest place to live in the area.

Some homes being built across the street from the high school I went to? Before construction was completed on these cookie-cutter homes with literally no yards, the majority of them were sold.

Minimum asking price? $5 million.

No. These are not mansions. No pools. No tennis courts. No basketball courts. Literally, no yard except for a plot of grass about 5'x 15'.

It all depends on location.

bartelby
Aug 5, 2007, 02:12 AM
I live in a fairly nice area of a really ***** town and my 2 bedroomed terrace would cost about $300,000

ReanimationLP
Aug 5, 2007, 04:54 AM
Ugh.

I'm so tired of hearing about Paris, Nicole, Lindsay and Britney.

Can we stick them into a rocket and shoot em towards the sun? Please?

Lesser Evets
Aug 5, 2007, 12:00 PM
She could still make a lot of cash if she just charged for people to stay a night in that Hilton.

solvs
Aug 6, 2007, 12:57 AM
She could still make a lot of cash if she just charged for people to stay a night in that Hilton.

You couldn't pay me to spend a couple of hours in that Hilton, let alone a whole night.