PDA

View Full Version : Motorola delay with PB.

Antony52
Jul 28, 2003, 06:56 PM
So Motorola does again.They say that they are not that satisfied with their 0.13 process.I say then get yourselves satisfied before the new PB's come out in the market.I dont want to give 2500EURO for a new PB only to have it run hot or even burn itself up.In other words fix it so we can have a product we can rely on.Better buy from the old PB line or wait for the new PB,what do think?
By the way,one review in amazon about apples said that they experience major problems with hardware,breaking down dvd,faulty screen,while the apple support wasnt good.How true are his claims?

Daveman Deluxe
Jul 28, 2003, 08:45 PM
The delays in the new PowerBooks are exactly what you said--Motorola doesn't think the 7457s are up to snuff yet. They're not going to give Apple a bunch of 7457s that will burn up--that's why the new PowerBooks aren't out yet. The main problem is that Motorola's yield from each platter is very low, so they haven't been able to produce a lot of chips.

As for the complaint on Amazon.com, it sounds more like an isolated incident. I haven't had any major problem with my iBook, and Apple's support has been excellent. Many other people will attest to this as well. It's another example of the silent majority. If you go to Apple's tech support discussion boards, you WILL get depressed because everybody on those boards has problems with their Macs--well duh, it's the board you post on when you have trouble with your Mac.

ftaok
Jul 29, 2003, 06:31 AM
Where is this RUMOR coming from?????

I've heard nothing of Moto's 7457 being delayed. In fact, I hear that they've been quite reliable at the 1.3ghz speed. If anything, the delay in introducing new PowerBooks is Apple trying to clear out the existing PB's from the stores.