Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple released Pro Application Support 4.0.1 today:
This update improves general user interface reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, Final Cut Express HD, Soundtrack, Logic Pro and Logic Express.
The minor update is 7.6MB in size and available through your Mac OS X Software Update.

Article Link

wavelayer

macrumors member
May 17, 2005
ahhhhh

Few. FCP2 has been a bit too buggy lately. Hopefully this fixes some of the issues, especially Motion 3.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Grrr, where is my iPhone update! I was really expecting to see an update by now to fix some issues that people are having. For example, I really really need to change my SMS ring tone and I don't want to hack it to make it work.

iomar

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
Grrr, where is my iPhone update! I was really expecting to see an update by now to fix some issues that people are having. For example, I really really need to change my SMS ring tone and I don't want to hack it to make it work.

Yes, me too! I am looking forward for some iphone updates.

JC4

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2006
Columbus, OH

Me too. iPod & Safari crashing, regularly, sucks. Wasn't an EOM update rumored? That leaves tomorrow.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I hope this makes a BIG improvement for Soundtrack Pro 2.0.1...but I'm not holding my breath.

The current version is an embarrassment, a huge step back from the 1.x versions. It's hard to believe they'd release a version so unreliable, did they even have anyone beta test the app?

Bow Rekk

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2007
UK
I hope it has a better score editor / way of inputting notes into the score.

That would be top. Writing up a score for just a string quintet, bassoon and clarinet is taking aaaages. It is taking days. I suppose it will teach me to compose on paper...

LightMast

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2007
I really hope that they fix Motion 3. Many users w/ new Macbook Pros have major problems including myself.

After two hours spent with pro app support- I was told the only solution was a full reinstall of the OS and FCS2- and not to update. I was told the issue was not fixable by update, so the reinstall was the only solution.

Soundtrack 2 is a worthless POS at the moment.

studiomusic

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2004
Round the world
They do these 'updates' to check to see if you have a known pirated serial number. They come about every other month...
Kind of like Windows Genuine Advantage for XP and Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.