PDA

View Full Version : My work on iTunes!

emdotdee
Jul 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
Woohoo
I know this is kind of a pointless post but I wanted to shout out and be happy at some people that might care.

I made an album cover for a band I know who are from Liverpool, UK, a few months ago and it finally got onto iTunes today.
I'm really happy with it even though I probably could have done a bit better with the image I had.

Anyways, here's a grab to prove it, heh

http://www.btinternet.com/~michael_dyer/cedartunes.jpg

Has anyone else from MacRumors got their artwork or music on iTunes?

A larger version of the album cover is at my flickr that should be linked in my sig. (as .photo)

DoFoT9
Jul 30, 2007, 07:46 PM
NIIICEEE man!!! good to see that some of us (not me :() are getting out and about. so i guess you'll be asking for a 40% cut of their income now eh :) hahaha

emdotdee
Jul 30, 2007, 08:06 PM
thanks DoFoT9

so i guess you'll be asking for a 40% cut of their income now

I should be yeah!! haha

I actually did it all for free aswell, doh! It should mean a littl more work in the future though and I don't mind helping them out.

It's weird when my friends say that they've seen my artwork on posters for gigs around Liverpool. Feels good :D

Genghis Khan
Jul 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
congrats man...nice cd cover:)

just make sure that you get paid when they ask you for their next cd

bootedbear
Jul 31, 2007, 09:32 AM
w00t! That's really cool.

Jaz
Jul 31, 2007, 09:54 AM
Good job, it's a great CD cover. :)

iKwick7
Jul 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
I like the design and congrats!

Who cares if you did it for free- you got it out there. The important thing is that it gets around and you get noticed. Hell, I do a lot of little jobs on the side for what I consider to be decent pay (and definitely what the people I do the work for consider cheap)- but those people tell other people and now I get a ton of side business. It's all about making contacts.

mesa
Jul 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
Congrats! Love the cover.

My old band's music on iTunes can be found here (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=4478315&s=143441). It's the last CD we released before our label imploded and we fizzled out due to old age. ;)

Penryn
Aug 1, 2007, 03:41 PM
Well done :)
I do some album work for a band at college and it feels pretty good when you see your work around :)
Now, just need to get it on iTunes ...

a cat *miaow*
Aug 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
That's some nice artwork bet it looks cool on posters:)

johnee
Aug 1, 2007, 04:44 PM
jeeeesh, who DOESN'T have album artwork on itunes :rolleyes:

that's really cool.

NOW GET BACK TO DESIGNING! :D