Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Sorry about the vague thread title. I am just wondering if you will be able to use cheats for GTA:IV on the 360. Given that it will have achievements and online play, will Rockstar and Microsoft still allow you to use the cheats?
I can't win without them...:D

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
I dont think they will have cheats, if the do it will be something dumb. Now that i think of it do any of the xbox360 games have cheats? And by cheats i mean traditional cheats as opposed to glitches.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I dont think they will have cheats, if the do it will be something dumb. Now that i think of it do any of the xbox360 games have cheats? And by cheats i mean traditional cheats as opposed to glitches.

I have seen cheats for GRAW, but i haven't tried them.
That sucks if they don't have cheats for GTA, that made the game really fun :D

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
I think they will. Sometimes, the best part of GTA is just running around with random weapons and destroying things :D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Rockstar I envision will do this.

They will have cheats. However the game will know when you have the enabled and therefore disable any achievements points you could achieve, as a payment for using the cheat.

Cheats will not be enabled at all in the online game. They simply will not activate when you enter them.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
^ My thoughts exactly. Just how old games would stop counting your score if you turned cheats on. The same can be done for new games.

This thread made me realise I haven't used cheats in a game for soooo long :eek:

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
anyone remember in GTA III when you turned on the cheat that made everyone run around killing eachother? Then you added the everyone had weapons cheat. Crazy people with random weapons :D My friend and I used to see who could make it from one island to the last without dying, which was surprisingly hard since people could blast you to bits with a rocket launcher.

thegreatunknown

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Rockstar put cheats in "Table Tennis" but with a warning that if you used the cheats, achievements would be completely disabled for the game.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Think they will ever bring back farting and "middle finger" gestures to the game....that always made me laugh.

I'm sure Rockstar will have cheat codes....dont expect to get points using them though.

Bless

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
anyone remember in GTA III when you turned on the cheat that made everyone run around killing eachother? Then you added the everyone had weapons cheat. Crazy people with random weapons :D My friend and I used to see who could make it from one island to the last without dying, which was surprisingly hard since people could blast you to bits with a rocket launcher.

Good times, good times. :D
Used to love putting those in and watching the madness. ;)

Too bad there wasn't an additional code to make you invisible (or at least to where pedestrians wouldn't bother with you) so you could really sit back and watch. It was always fun until someone spotted you and started shooting. 'They shootin'! :D

OT: most games with cheats disable saving and achievements like GH 2.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
There was nothing better than wrapping up a long playing session in GTAIII by spawning a tank and going on a rampage :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.